Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have you ordered the first one, or are you trying to decide between the two? If that's the case, it's a no brainer...go for the first one, it's practical and stylish. If you're thinking of buying the other one as well 'cause it's a good reduction, I personally wouldn't. In my opinion, the first one's a hundred times nicer, but taste's a personal thing. How many watches can you wear at once? Like the other ladies say..Nanny McFee!!! Stick to the one I would..hope that helps!

Yes, I'd ordered the first one, which is elegant.

But then I fancied the other one because it was quirky and also very easy to read, and big luminous hands and markers. It also has a sweep second hand.

See my post 300 above.

Last edited:
Well. how can I admit this, but I've just bought the 5 mini-torches from QVC.

Without PP they are less than £3 each at Black Friday price of £14-98 (were £19 so £4-02 off).

But then add £3-95 PP (a real ripoff) but at least that is a bit less than the saving.

Not such a bargain with the PP added at £3-79 each, but I do have a use for a few myself to carry in my pockets, plus some stocking fillers. And on 2 EP as well!

They do seem very good, even allowing for the hype.

I now have the torches and I like them, but they are much larger than I expected, definitely NOT mini torches.

I don't think they'll fit into any of my pockets, can anyone recommend me a handbag? ;)

I have a ‘good’ watch , well to me, into the low £1000s,bought as part of an insurance settlement when I was robbed of some sentimental pieces.I wear it everyday ,even when I went abroad it is specified on my insurance.It is a piece to wear and enjoy not to be kept for ‘best’ love it, just part of me!

ps it costs a fortune to have a new battery put in from an approved dealer!

I have a ‘good’ watch , well to me, into the low £1000s,bought as part of an insurance settlement when I was robbed of some sentimental pieces.I wear it everyday ,even when I went abroad it is specified on my insurance.It is a piece to wear and enjoy not to be kept for ‘best’ love it, just part of me!

ps it costs a fortune to have a new battery put in from an approved dealer!
It is a good idea, and wholeheartedly agree about not wasting the opportunity to wear something special instead of only on special occasions. Saving "for best" sadly often means never worn.

I recently had my late Mum`s Mikimoto pearl necklace repaired and restrung and I`d love to finally wear them but seeing as I now spend my days in jeans and jumpers and the furthest I go is either the supermarket or dog walking I can`t see them getting an outing just yet. We have just come out of lockdown and straight into tier 3 which is more or less a lockdown. Hopefully next year will bring back holidays, meals out, concerts and visiting people so I may finally get to wear the necklace.

I love jewellery and wore big pieces everyday when working but when I reduced my days I had less opportunity to wear them and went more casual on off days.

Since lockdown in March I haven’t worn any rings at all and it’s just in the last 2 weeks I have started to wear bangles again when it has become obvious that this is now the way we are going to live.

I recently had my late Mum`s Mikimoto pearl necklace repaired and restrung and I`d love to finally wear them but seeing as I now spend my days in jeans and jumpers and the furthest I go is either the supermarket or dog walking I can`t see them getting an outing just yet. We have just come out of lockdown and straight into tier 3 which is more or less a lockdown. Hopefully next year will bring back holidays, meals out, concerts and visiting people so I may finally get to wear the necklace.
Wear it anyway! I'm sure they would add a classy touch to jeans and a sweater.

Did anyone manage to actually get on to Debenhams site? I tried twice and was in a queue which never actually got me through despite staying on line for over an hour. If these is any indication of how then run the company I’m not surprised it went to the wall.

Did anyone manage to actually get on to Debenhams site? I tried twice and was in a queue which never actually got me through despite staying on line for over an hour. If these is any indication of how then run the company I’m not surprised it went to the wall.
Yes, waited about 15mins. Was back to normal when I tried earlier today.
You didn’t miss much, was much the same as it had been the day before th3 big announcement as they were already in full sale mode.
I bought something just to use the reward points I’d accumulated.

I went onto Debenhams simply out of curiosity and it took a 5 minute wait to get onto the site. I wasn`t looking to buy anything and to be honest it didn`t look much different or appear to offer bigger discounts than usual.

I needed to withdraw some money out of National Savings so tried to do it online.

After logging in and typing all the security info and filling in all the details for the withdrawal, it said "We can't do this at the moment, try again later". So I did, and did, and did many times.

Then I tried clicking on the online chat. Filled in all the info they required, then typed my question, and it told me "That there were no advisers available".

So I then tried to phone, and was told there was at least a 40 minute delay, and do it online instead!

After a long delay, I got through. When I explained that I couldn't withdraw online, she said "No, you won't be able to do that for a few days as all the interest payments are being calculated!!! So why did the website tell me to keep trying?

Eventually she did what I wanted, but instead of the money arriving tomorrow as normal, it will take about 3 days!

I bought yesterday, but you had to be patient.
It is purely the sheer volume, which I thought they managed quite efficiently...just as some of the supermarkets who had to put people into virtual queues at the height of the first lockdown

The first time I got on it threw me out after 5 minutes I went back and queued for 10 mins I quickly bought the watch I was after for my son. I just finished the transaction and I was thrown out again.
From the short time I was on the website there were a lot of great bargains had the website not been unstable I may have bought more.

TBH I think it was boredom which made me even try to go on line as Debenhams is a store I rarely bother about but it was an hour each time and still in queue. I tried again after these posts and got through first time but didn’t buy anything.

I went onto Debenhams simply out of curiosity and it took a 5 minute wait to get onto the site. I wasn`t looking to buy anything and to be honest it didn`t look much different or appear to offer bigger discounts than usual.
Nothing has changed on their site since, just same as Black Friday, so not sure if they are having an 'everything must go' clearance which the media said it was.

Latest posts

Back