Today I got rid of.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Well it works both ways doesn't it. I mentioned on a couple of threads that earlier in the year I bought a Kim & Co paisley knee length dress and it's lovely. I wore it to the pub on the day it arrived and was happy with it, and it's been hung up on one of my clothes rails upstairs since the weekend. I realised as I was getting ready to go out, that the neither the style nor the colour (burgundy) does anything for me whatsoever, I thought it looked a bit frumpy, so I added a belt and it looked slightly better..got no compliments on my outfit when I was out (not saying I always do, but even so), so today I thought it might look better with a lighter coloured cardi over to lift the colour..it did a bit, so I put on tights to match the cardi, they didn't look right, so I put black ones on...and that brought the outfit back into the doldrums. I've just popped it into the charity donation bag, so someone else can look frumpy in it! I'm not going to replace the dress - I've got enough! I also finally decided to get shot of a stripy blue/pink/lilac winter jumper I bought last year 'cause it makes me look saggy and baggy, especially around the bosom area..However, I would like another jumper as I only have a couple and they're both shades of brown. Hoping to get a lilac maybe dusky pink one but would like to try on first...can't do it in the shops and the moment, so I'll order one, and if it's not right I'll make sure it get's sent back immediately.
Wish I'd recognised that the dress was a duffer before I left it too late to get a refund...jumper not so bad cos it was dirt cheap.
So what have you got rid of today? No point in having stuff hanging around that doesn't make you happy! Hope this is ok in the QVC forum...as the dress was from Q, the jumper wasn't. Hope the bag i've ordered makes me happy!

I haven’t got rid of anything today as I’ve had two big “culling” sessions since the lockdown. The Air Ambulance received a lot of brand new clothes, quite a few from QVC. It makes me wonder why I bought them in the first place because I never had them on my back.

I had a big sort out of shoes a few weeks ago. Some of them only worn once or twice and all of them in good nick. I sent Mr V with them to the charity shop. I have arthritic knees which have worsened in recent times and if I try wearing shoes with too high a heel then I pay the price. Now I`m retired I can slop around in any old shoe and I`ve still got several good pairs with lower heels for when I`m going out somewhere.
Last year I bought 2 pairs of leather loafers in the sale on Cotton Traders and they are so comfortable, look fine with jeans or trousers so my heeled shoes only see daylight when I`m off out and need to wear a dress or smarter trousers or skirts.

I am running out of room for superseded gadgets, but they are much to expensive to dump.

For example, I replaced £100 DAB radio with £220 radio, then with a £400 radio/CD/Ipod dock, then replaced with a £650 version, then a £2500 version. And that is not counting all the other expensive hi-fi stuff I have. I do rotate some of the cheaper versions to make sure they still work, including Bose Wave radio, Bose Sounddock and various Bose Bluetooth speakers, as well as my Bose PC speakers.

So not the sort of items people would buy for a worthwhile amount (for me) and certainly not dump or charity shop items.

I find it quite stressful, but I have ALWAYS been a hi-fi buff, ever since I discovered my pop records had bass on them when I used a friend's record player.

But I buy hardly any clothing, only when something wears out into holes.

Stratto you and Mr L have much in common. He has always gone for top notch hi if even when as newly weds when we didn’t have 2p to rub together. Big into computers but not so much gadgets (me more but usually household things)

However I think you’re not into cars and whilst he can barely change a tyre he likes cars.

A pair of Mr C's boots that were always a bit tight for him, and since the Aldi pair he just bought are really comfortable (wide fitting), there's no point in keeping them. They were cheap, as well.

However, I bought myself another Aldi top this morning. Well, I haven't got that colour and it was only £7.99. (Maybe nobody will notice because I've put it in tiny little letters.)

I (almost) get as much pleasure in chucking things out as I do buying them! And I 've chucked/donated/given away all manner of things...some very expensive. I really can't be doing with trying to Ebay, or advertise in local magazines/websites. Seriously I left a telescope outside for someone to take as I could never get to grips with it and it was just taking up precious room. I just hope someone got some joy out of it. I'm a lot more careful with what I buy these days though and that QVC dress and an Ashwood handbag (also donated) have been the only mistakes for a long while.....and it's made me think even harder. It won't stop me buying new things from Q, or anywhere else where you can't actually see the goods until they arrive but it will make me return them immediately if I'm not completely happy with them!

Stratto you and Mr L have much in common. He has always gone for top notch hi if even when as newly weds when we didn’t have 2p to rub together. Big into computers but not so much gadgets (me more but usually household things)

However I think you’re not into cars and whilst he can barely change a tyre he likes cars.

Not into cars myself, but my OH had a Porsche Taycan 4S parked outside, very incongruous for the area, so I looked it up.

It turns out that it is ELECTRIC and 165mph, 0 to 60mph in 4 seconds, so that would make me travel sick!

The very basic price is about £65,000 but by the time you've chosen your wheels, upholstery, radio etc, it could be well over £150,000. It's been coming and going for a few days, but we don't know where the owner lives yet.

Sorry Stratto when I first read it I thought your OH owned the Porsche and had parked it outside your house!

My neighbour who owns another house and only visits a couple of times a week has a Bentley, Jag sports, and a BMW. He doesn’t get on with his other neighbour who have loads of visitors parking over his driveway so he also has a Range Rover (albeit oldish) which he uses as an expensive traffic bollard parked in such a way the neighbour can’t park too near.

Well I’m always filling bags with clothes for charity but what can we do with makeup I seem to have so many eyeshadow palettes a lot of them from Q I would love someone to have use of them.😊
It depends how used they are. If there is a women's shelter, and it's lightly used, it may be acceptable. Wet stuff or eyeliner/kohl/kajal, it's best to bin it.

Like many on here I've been ruthless, and had a dumping session where I took 3 full black bags to the Salvation Army donation centre. The shame of it, some even had the tags still on :eek:. Its like throwing food away, I don't look when they go into the bag. But doesn't it make you feel so much better !

Merry, when buying anything paisley and its a dark colour - leave well alone, because regardless of what Kimmy says, that pattern combination suits NO-ONE. Its ageing and is best left to aged grannies in their 90's.

Like many on here I've been ruthless, and had a dumping session where I took 3 full black bags to the Salvation Army donation centre. The shame of it, some even had the tags still on :eek:. Its like throwing food away, I don't look when they go into the bag. But doesn't it make you feel so much better !

Merry, when buying anything paisley and its a dark colour - leave well alone, because regardless of what Kimmy says, that pattern combination suits NO-ONE. Its ageing and is best left to aged grannies in their 90's.

Funnily enough though I've got another Paisley Kim & Co dress and it's black with shades of golds and browns,cream etc..It's a midi with a flounce and the sleeves also have a flounce..I realise I'm making this dress sound terrible, but it really isn't, and I always get compliments when I wear it, but it's a bit too special for every day wear. It was on the back of this that I went for the other one hoping for something I could just slip on in the daytime and look effortlessly chic lol! ...but this particular dress whilst based on burgundy has a lot more colours in the pattern and it doesn't look so nice and it just hangs there. I wouldn't call it unflattering as it doesn't emphasise lumps and bumps, the colour doesn't suit me at all and it just makes me look "covered up" not the look I was trying to achieve, especially since last year I had a major cull of my wardrobe and literally got rid of everything that fell into that category. Anyhow.....Good riddance to the dress and hello to one dress less I'm down to 15 now!

Sorry Stratto when I first read it I thought your OH owned the Porsche and had parked it outside your house!

My neighbour who owns another house and only visits a couple of times a week has a Bentley, Jag sports, and a BMW. He doesn’t get on with his other neighbour who have loads of visitors parking over his driveway so he also has a Range Rover (albeit oldish) which he uses as an expensive traffic bollard parked in such a way the neighbour can’t park too near.

I had a neighbour with a collection of very upmarket cars, including a Bentley and a Range Rover, he was a "financial adviser".

It turned out he was actually a conman running a ponsie scheme, and ended up in jail. It also turned out he was renting the house, so it couldn't be taken away as an asset.

blob:https://www.qvcuk.com/634e8762-e14a-4332-bbae-751446c50773

Here's the link to the horrible dress...I bought the dark burgundy..It doesn't even look that great on the model who's hairstyle and colouring is very similar to my own....Lord knows what possessed me...it's horrid! Link doesn't work I'm afraid and pic too small but you've not missed much will try and post a pic of the nice dress!

Attachments

• 1602512252363.png
    1602512252363.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 156

Latest posts

Back