Arcade Machine TSV 3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 91
Arcade 1 Up Partycade 16.7" LCD Game Machine, 4 Games including Pacman
Item Number 520886
QVC Price £249.00
TSV Price £198.96
P&P £5.95

3 Easy Pays of £66.32

Only currently available at QVC UK, the Partycade Games Machine from Arcade1UP comes in a compact size for a true at-home arcade experience and boasts four officially licensed retro games they all remember - Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian and Dig Dug. The Partycade will make the best gift this year for the big kids in your life and allow them to re-live those cherished childhood memories all in one compact tabletop-sized machine.

Eye-catching gaming - this versatile machine can be played anywhere in your home that has a mains outlet. It comes with screw in tabletop legs for when you're sitting, hangers so it can be easily attached to the back of a door, or you can even mount it to a wall for stand up gaming. Designed to look like a classic arcade machine, Arcade1UP features original artwork and classic joystick controls to add fun colour and coveted retro style to your decor.

Hi-tech retro games - turn your hand to these four old-school games and enjoy seeing Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian and Dig Dug with a full-colour hi-resolution display on the large 16.7" LCD monitor, plus make the most of the volume control so you can play wherever and whenever you want.

Games included:
Pac-Man - outrun the ghosts and collect Pac-Dots while navigating Pac-Man through the maze. Complete each stage by collecting all the dots and avoiding the tricky ghosts
Dig Dug - eliminate the Pookas and Fygars with your bike pump or crush them under falling rocks; once all enemies have been eliminated, move on to the next level
Galaxian - take charge of the Galaxip starfighter on its mission to protect Earth from aliens
Galaga - aliens are attacking from space! Shoot the enemy to prevent the Galaga forces from destroying the human race

What's in the box?
Partycade Games Machine - made from MDF and wood
Table top feet
Door hanger
Wall mount
Power cord
User guide

Surely Craig isn’t going to get one ‘to try’

I see him sitting at it in his latest blog but it looks as if he’s had to share it with other presenters . Shock horror! Mind you who would want that monstrosity in their house 😱

Apparently one has been set up in the staff playroom. Fair enough, that’s the best way to go about the presenters sampling items. I notice that in the latest bogs, although they are showing themselves using the new cooker thing, ( obviously in their homes) they don’t actually say ‘I’ve been lucky to have been given’ any more. Perhaps words have been said?

Or it’s such a monstrosity to look at that they’ve refused to have it .... even as a freebie. The fact that it’s made of MDF and plywood makes me think “cheap.”
If you read Julia’s latest blog she’s saying the presenters do buy things themselves and only occasionally get freebies......so maybe she’s been tasked with defending them against our posts on the subject. She makes a point of saying she BUYS a centigrade coat every year but then references that she’s been given the latest TSV! 😉

Was great in the pub after a few Stellas in about 1981. Our local in Highgate had a Space Invaders machine in the form of a table with the screen flat on top. A real upgrade from the Binatone black and white 'tennis' machines from about three years previous. I'm not sure, though, I would have liked to have carried the table home with me and found a space in the living room for it.

I get a similar feeling watching the Arcade 1Up. Where would you put it? The wife would have heart failure if you put it in the dining room. Equally, it would be rapidly removed from the lounge. And the man cave is full of stuff you bought thinking you would use and didn't already. The garage, in its original packaging, waiting for the next car boot sale?

Pac-Man is an okay enough game, but I think I'll stick with an app version, where it could live quite comfortably on a tablet, in a drawer.

I bought a plug and play retro console for the kids in the early 90's and it had all those games on it, space invaders, pac man etc etc...they weren't the "official" games but played and looked pretty much exactly the same, and it was brilliant, many of the games, there was 127 of them were really addictive. It just hooked up to the telly via the aerial socket if I remember rightly and you just went to the av channel and it was ready to go. I think I played with it more than the kids did. I ended up getting rid of it because I wasn't able to use it with a modern tv set. I keep checking to see whether a new updated version has come out but sadly not. It was called "TV Boy" obvs trying to make it sound like it was part of the gameboy franchise.
This tsv is definitely something to give the person who's got everything, and I'll be honest I'd love it, but a) I can't afford it and b) it's far too big and bulky. It's making making me miss my old TV boy so much, so much that I've been looking up retro consoles. Seen one in Argos for £60 that looks promising and it'll fit nicely in the drawer upstairs, if I finally get rid of the rechargeable massager I've got that feels as though you're lying on a bag of rocks....again one of those purchases that I was in denial about...no pain no gain! It must be doing me good. No it's not, it's awkward to use, totally not relaxing..yeah gonna get rid and make room for a retro console instead...payday's not far off!

I would also ask if people would be buying this because they genuinely want to play the games again or because it's a funky looking hipster gadget? Even if it's a combination of both, you'd need enough space and the right setting in which to display it. It's not the sort of thing you'd be able to store easily when not in use and I could imagine it being a pain in the backside to drag out when you want to use it. For me, it would contribute to the clutter and not look at all cool or funky. I'd rather download an app, or buy a small retro console I can play on the big screen and then tuck away neatly when I'm not using it. I'm sure they'll sell a lot though, round my way most folk have got man caves and dens in their back gardens....some of the ones I've seen are bigger than my front room!

Apparently one has been set up in the staff playroom. Fair enough, that’s the best way to go about the presenters sampling items. I notice that in the latest bogs, although they are showing themselves using the new cooker thing, ( obviously in their homes) they don’t actually say ‘I’ve been lucky to have been given’ any more. Perhaps words have been said?
I still can’t see how Dale and Anne having one at home helps the potential customer. It’s the BA’s job to have tried the product out and guide the buyer through the functions etc. The presenter is there to ask questions in anticipation of what the viewers might need to know. They just like getting freebies. I did predict in another thread that having been made aware of the views expressed here they will start saying they have bought the products. They will of course omit to say for a token amount. Greedy. Reasonable staff discounts I understand but this freebie culture, which has recently got out of hand judging by the blogs, is in my opinion distasteful and offensive to viewers being encouraged to spend, spend, spend.

I still can’t see how Dale and Anne having one at home helps the potential customer. It’s the BA’s job to have tried the product out and guide the buyer through the functions etc. The presenter is there to ask questions in anticipation of what the viewers might need to know. They just like getting freebies. I did predict in another thread that having been made aware of the views expressed here they will start saying they have bought the products. They will of course omit to say for a token amount. Greedy. Reasonable staff discounts I understand but this freebie culture, which has recently got out of hand judging by the blogs, is in my opinion distasteful and offensive to viewers being encouraged to spend, spend, spend.
Debbie and Julia have been given a centigrade coat each. I expect others will have been given them too.

It’s all very well Julia Roberts trying to make a point on her blog that she does buy products but I notice her latest blog shows her free coat, candles and Korres, most of their blogs display products in their homes that have not been aired. Received in advance I suspect means free/sample. We are not silly, it doesn’t help us if presenters test a coat, sheets, toiletries, household goods.............it’s not as if they will say anything negative. These are freebies on a huge scale. I don’t want to buy from QVC and facilitate this situation.

It’s all very well making a point about buying things, with a generous staff discount, they’re never paying full price, so what they don’t get for free they get for a discounted price anyway. It’s a win win!* Also, I wonder what happens to all the products used for demonstrations? I bet their dressing rooms are bursting with stuff.

Latest posts

Back