Todays Top Tech TSV 22/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They currently have a man they say is from the studio production staff placed in front of one of the Pac-Man machines. He doesn't appear to move or acknowledge comments directed his way. I am beginning to think he is prop and not actually human. Or perhaps he has been bored to death by being forced to play the games on offer?

I can't see any point in having a retro game from 40 years ago.

It may have been state of the art at that time, but now is so crude compared with modern games.

It's like throwing away your 65 inch flat screen high definition TV and replacing it with a 14 inch black and white TV with a fuzzy picture in a huge brown cabinet?

Oops, I may have given QVC an idea for another TSV.

As I said before, I thought it looked hideous (and cheap.) I wouldn't have given it house room even if they’d paid me to do so.

(Apologies to anyone who bought one.)

I can't see any point in having a retro game from 40 years ago.

It may have been state of the art at that time, but now is so crude compared with modern games.

It's like throwing away your 65 inch flat screen high definition TV and replacing it with a 14 inch black and white TV with a fuzzy picture in a huge brown cabinet?

Oops, I may have given QVC an idea for another TSV.
I must admit back in the day I totally enjoyed playing the likes of pacman and space invaders and my gaming hasn't progressed very much since. I play a wood block game on my phone, played Candy Crush for a while until I got sick of it and that's about it. I can see the point of playing a retro game, but totally wouldn't spend that sort of money to do so. I think this is more about the cool retro vibes and the look of it. It might look funky in someone's flat but I doubt if anyone will spend a lot of time actually playing it, they'd be bored in seconds. It's style over substance. Another prime example are these retro phones with a turning dial....they might look funky and retro, but who wants to have their landline phone fixed in one room, have no caller id, no quick dial or voicemail...sod that!

Latest posts

Back