Toiletries...hero products!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
After receiving the usual glut of toiletries that usually end up in a charity shop I decided this year I'm gonna plough my way through the lot and see if there's anything I'd actually buy again...and yes. So here's the list

Sanctuary spa - salt scrub - Absolutely amazing..smells delicious and makes you feel really clean and awake for hours afterwards especially used in conjunction with their bath creme...I received these items in a set. The hand cream is also lovely but the moisturising face wash dried my skin out, so I chucked that in the bin, the exfoliating body wash is ok, as is the shower gel!

Beautiful blends bathing petals - Got a box of these, though yeah very gimmicky, will be a waste of time. They look like pink roses and you drop a few in the bath...I expected them to just dissolve into a murky slime and do nothing...No, they foamed up a treat, smelled and looked gorgeous, the bubbles were plentiful and long lasting too!

Last but not least hubby received some bath and shaving products from DR Harris, one being a small round bar of soap in tin, only it's shampoo...wet hair, rub in soap...OMG its fabulous, you literally rub it onto wet hair and it foams up like regular shampoo, it washes out really easily and leaves you hair looking and smelling gorgeous..we've both used it plenty of times and it's hardly made a dent in the bar..don't think I'll ever use a regular shampoo ever again

Finally a Zoella brand christmas cookie candle...It's divine..what more can I say!

What are your hero bath products?

Lush make solid shampoo bars like that - very handy for travelling. I think they do a solid conditioner too, but haven't looked in ages.
After years of trying every hand cream and lotion on the planet, I've decided nothing beats Atrixo, which costs a couple of quid for a giant pot at 'Savers'. I use Aveeno moisturising cream on the dry skin of my legs - this is invariably on offer at Costco. Mitchum antiperspirant, also get that at Costco. The other thing I would never be without is ABC shower gel, I like both the Tea tree and the lavender, and use every day - and as I have very little biological hair and wear a wig most of the time, the ABC also does as shampoo for me.
(Wig care products, however, are a different matter altogether, and I have to use several products to keep them in good condition.)

I'd truly like to find a skincare that suits me though...Found Sen products on bid a few years back but it was obviously discontinued stock, found it in a few other places since but supplies are all pretty much dried up now..few bits on ebay but mainly cleansers and handcreams...it's the moisturisers and night creams I'm after. Wish people would bestow me with skincare instead of bath products at xmas and birthdays, but I guess it's more of a personal thing and are more pricey...however it'd be nice to try out a few without spending money...I've spent a small fortune of stuff over the years to find it irritates my skin, or at best makes it dry and blotchy. I remember one I tried from QVC which I actually sent back for a refund because the smell of it on my skin was horrendous, it smelled like petrol!

My hero products are Molton Brown shower gels, my favourite being fiery pink pepper. I also use MB fragrances as well.

For my hands, Margaret Dabbs nail and cuticle serum and her hand cream.

For cleansing - Garnier SkinActive micellar water (£5 for 700 ml)

For night - a retinol serum

Day time moisturiser - hyaluronic acid serum, with a boost of a cheap moisturiser when needed.

And I generally use an SPF all year round.

I’m lucky in as far as I don’t generally react to anything, despite having sensitive skin, and so I can enjoy the “luxury” of using cheaper brands instead of forking out for brands like Elemis, Decleor, Gatineau and the like.

I'll only ever use cruelty free products & recently changed all my toiletries & cosmetics to brands that don't contain palm oil & that aren't in plastic packaging. I buy from Bloomtown Botanicals & B Skincare, both based in Cornwall, & my make up comes from PHB Ethical Beauty & Zao. When I saw films of orangutans being forced out of the remains of their forests & post mortems on dolphins stuffed full of plastic waste I knew I couldn't live with myself if I continued to buy products that added to their misery.

B.Pure Micellar Oil is excellent - inexpensive, available at Superdrug, leaping bunny. It is also extremely effective, and highly recommended for removing suncream both mineral and chemical.
OGX shampoo and conditioners - my favourite is the Brazilian Keratin Smooth. It has an almost toffee-ish smell,but not overpowering, and your hair feels stronger afterwards (go lightly with the conditioner if you have more of an oily hair type).

Latest posts

Back