Tonight's launch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes Jantac they give the total carat weight in the info box and other info is given on a strap below with gold weight and weight of accents.

If you fancy a large pink Kunzite ring for £180.74 weighing in 5.62 ct in 9K WG with diamond accents, the item number is 107184!

Atm they are showing a 9k Black Star Sapphire/diamond pendant weighing 2.97ct for £57.02.....haven't mentioned if chain is included, don't think.

Last edited:
I've possibly got a bit of a short fuse but I couldn't stand the double act so turned off.

What funny prices! - not nice rounded off figures at all

I suppose it's to make you think that the prices have been taken down to the lowest possible amount.

Anybody bought anything yet?

Just had a quick look, the set is very clinical, perhaps a bit too clinical for me. Don't know who the girl is thats on now, but her voice would grate on me for any length of time.

So what's everyone's opinion so far?

I've only had it on for about 45 mins as I've been out but sorry to say it's not my cup of tea. The format is just like they tried on Gems TV2 which was unpopular and didn't work. Personally I need the fast moving games and can't sit and watch this format - would rather watch paint dry! Also, no disrespect, but I could never ever watch Caroline on Gems so nothing could make me watch her on any other channel! I'm not a fan of female presenters in general (oops sorry) as I find the bulk of them to be over-excitable, boring, a bit smarmy, waffling and just totally uninteresting so unfortunately their line up, IMHO, is a big mistake! If they had researched more thoroughly they would have found out that men are far more popular!

I am disappointed as I was hoping for some competition for Gems and TJC (won't count Rocks as they are not on TV) but unfortunately I really don't think in the current format they will do them any damage!

To finish on a good point - yes there is one - I did see a few nice pieces so will have a proper look on the internet when the site is working but will I watch on TV - absolutely............NOT!

I think I'll echo a few of those sentiments Klos, very slow and not my thing at all, I can't watch QVC for the same reason. The old Gems format was spot on IMO so back to Rocks for me, you can drop in and out and not miss anything. I still get a buzz when I'm bidding. Will have a look at Rocks & co. website when it's up though.

Thanks ARA for coming on here to let us know about the website.

I don't have Sky and by the sound of it wouldn't want to watch it anyway, but I'll certainly buy online if there are pieces I like at prices I like!

Any marcasite...?

Oh dear.... not a good start for me. I find Caroline too strident and Victoria is downright unwatchable. (Sorry girls, but if you have a hope of ever selling anything to me you need to get those awful vocals under control.)

I just couldn't watch with the sound on.:(

For those that have seen this on Sky, what is your opinion of the actual jewellery? And what are the prices like?

well i was very tempted by a few pieces earlier on ,the prices were very good from what i saw and some really lovely pieces aswell.I will definately be watching,some of the items such as the alexandrite and tanzy,kunzy pieces reminded me of the other side when they were good ..

I will keep lookin.xx

only tuned in an hour ago after a monster back to back catch up of the Tudors (ogling the jewellery there too lol)

first impressions?

good points:
pretty items so far
good range of gemstones and metals
quite nice videos between segments altho we'll probably get sick of them after a while lol

not so good points:
the graphics - the old chestnut of white on turquoise - illegible, small font if you are more than 4ft from the telly
no bracelet lengths in the graphics for a speedy decision
harsh lighting
too much focusing on the presenter rather than the piece
strange pricing. wonder what the thinking is behind that?
less than smooth changes between video links at midnight. hopefully this will get better with practice.
waited a long time for ring size to be mentioned on any item
lip synch'ing for Victoria in the current Round Up hour not purrfect - in fact it's well out of whack!
gabbling presenter earlier on (Irish lass)

Observation: one of the pieces shown just now in a promo was identical to a Sally Morgan piece I saw this afternoon on GTV!! (a massive round blue chalcedony with gems set in the tops of each of the 4 prongs)

Caught a smidgen of this earlier, saw some really nice pieces. Especially liked a Kunzite and diamond ring, sorely tempted.....Can someone confirm that the Irish lass Sammi referred to (Sharon Clancy) was presenting a while back on TJC???

Caught a smidgen of this earlier, saw some really nice pieces. Especially liked a Kunzite and diamond ring, sorely tempted.....Can someone confirm that the Irish lass Sammi referred to (Sharon Clancy) was presenting a while back on TJC???

Yes The Jewellery Channel, The Great Big British Quiz and auditioned for The X Factor last year.

So much for Rocks& Co not using presenters from other channels then:rolleyes:.. Caroline Lindsay and Sharon Clancy must be the exceptions to that rule then?

What funny prices! - not nice rounded off figures at all

I suppose it's to make you think that the prices have been taken down to the lowest possible amount.

Anybody bought anything yet?

Because we don't play games we make sure we give our viewers the best price first time, down to the last penny. To some it make look like a marketing ploy but to our dedicated product team it is their mission to make sure they give you, the viewer, the best price on the item that we possibly can.

Thank you for all your feedback on your likes and dislikes, we do take it on board and continually strive to deliver the jewellery and entertainment that you're looking for.

For those that have seen Rocks & Co round up, which plays when we are not live between midnight and 3pm, you will have noticed there's been some audio gremlins in our playout system causing an audio sync problem. I think someone forgot that you shouldn't feed gremlins post midnight! I'm very glad they did get wet as well.

On the good news front, the website should be up and running later today, so those of you without Sky can see what all the fuss is about. Thanks to those who were passing on the information yesterday.

Overall the Rocks & Co. team are very happy with yesterday's shows and based on the sales a lot of you were happy with the Jewellery!

We are back live again from 3pm today with Sam and Sharon.

Latest posts

Back