TOP 10 quality buys

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Actually the Efbe Schott looks good, we got a far more expensive Vax model from Argos and it's pretty poor.

They used to do a Gener8 model that seemed to create loads of steam although I don't know how well they are actually made.

Yes i think it looks like a good buy too. much cheaper than elsewhere. although the X5 rip off seems like the best one they do.

My top ten

Copper bottom pans which burn everything
Omelette maker which left black bits on everything
Silent I pod docking station
Size 11 trainers that wouldn't fit a size 9
Slow cooker large enough to cater for the whole street
Led lights battery ran out after about 5 minutes
Earrings Pat Butcher would be embarrassed to wear
Steam station with a bit missing that nearly took the wallpaper off the ceiling
Wind up radio that didn't
Sheets which unravelled whilst taking them out of the packaging

I don't know if I can come up with 10 but my top quality buys are....

Egyptian cotton bath sheets
Double pack of duvet covers & pillow cases
Solitaire diamonesque gold plated ring
Black winter boots
Victoria Jayne t - shirt tops
Sonic jewellery cleaner
T&K leather holdall style handbag

these are the things that stand out as being my bargains but also things that have lasted
my recent purchase of InDenim jeans is looking good, they've washed well so far and are very comfortable
if you're going for them, go down a size, they're very generous

I've also bought some utter tat but that's for another thread!

I don't know if I can come up with 10 but my top quality buys are....

Egyptian cotton bath sheets
Double pack of duvet covers & pillow cases
Solitaire diamonesque gold plated ring
Black winter boots
Victoria Jayne t - shirt tops
Sonic jewellery cleaner
T&K leather holdall style handbag

these are the things that stand out as being my bargains but also things that have lasted
my recent purchase of InDenim jeans is looking good, they've washed well so far and are very comfortable
if you're going for them, go down a size, they're very generous

I've also bought some utter tat but that's for another thread!

Funnily enough I haven't seen much T&K stuff of late, unless they just don't mention the name anymore?

With regards 'AAA' tanzanite at very low prices - have you actually had an appraisal from an independent jeweller... remember, AAAA is actually a made up value... AAA is the best and if it's under £100... or even £500 I'd be dubious to the quality (especially if mounted on sterling silver!).

But if you like it then I guess it doesn't matter much.

With regards 'AAA' tanzanite at very low prices - have you actually had an appraisal from an independent jeweller... remember, AAAA is actually a made up value... AAA is the best and if it's under £100... or even £500 I'd be dubious to the quality (especially if mounted on sterling silver!).

Indeed. I think the metal it is set in, which is invariably either plain or gold plated sterling silver is a bit of a giveaway as to it's value.

But if you like it then cool but some of the pre christmas sales of such pieces by Dirty Peter were a disgrace, hence all the posts on Bid's facebook page that were removed when the poor buggers complained after they got their pieces valued!

I agree, top quality Tanzanite is usually only seen in high end gold or even platinum from my experience. I now have four pieces of Tanzanite (all AAA), the most expensive was a loose gemstone which cost almost two months wages :doh: Its worth maybe double now. Some of the traders I buy gemstones from won't grade some tanzanite as AAA.. even though it is, the reason being is that its below one carat. I think Gems TV do something similar irc.

One piece of tanzanite that I would love to own is a piece of jewelry called the Queen of Kilimanjaro which has a 242 carat AAA tanzanite :whew: the guy from APPLE owns it... so not even a lottery win probably wouldn't purchase it lol.

Funnily enough I haven't seen much T&K stuff of late, unless they just don't mention the name anymore?

I know Wirral, they hardly mention 'brands' at all these days, especially if it's their own brands, they don't even refer to Cringles very much and I notice it doesn't come up in the on screen product details either like it used to (Rosa Benini, Fashion Essentials, T&K etc.) I've no idea why

Years ago (probably 6 or 7 to be honest), they used to sell an Evian skincare set.
You got 3no Cleansers, 3no Moisturisers and 3 bottles of something else but I can't remember exactly what.
It wasn't toner, but could have been a body cream I suppose.
Anyway, the set cost less than £20.00 including postage and was really good.
I bought a set, liked it & bought another one.
I haven't seen it since, which was a shame because IMO it was really good.

This is my top 10, as a few have said before it is a mix of quality, performance and how long it has lasted:

1. Gemstone globe
2. Egyptian cotton towels
3. Halogen Oven
4. Nostalgic radio/CD/record player
5. 18 piece saucepan set
6. 2200w cyclonic vacuum cleaner
7. Viners cutlery set
8. Wash balls
9. TV/radio dongle
10. Limited edition film cells

Latest posts

Back