Topaz - is it me, or TJC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RubyRose

Registered Shopper
Am I going nuts? Or have TJC started describing pale blue topaz, that I've previously seen called sky blue or baby blue, as SWISS blue?

To me, Swiss blue topaz is a really vibrant, rich colour. I have a ring and pendant (bought from TJC a couple of years ago), that I absolutely love, to prove it. But lately, I'm seeing stuff described as Swiss blue that just looks... pallid.

Anyone else noticed this? If I'm not imagining things, why are they doing it? I know topaz colours are produced by irradiation, so why bother to call an enhanced colour something it's not?

I don't get it!

Hey Lurgey me old mucker :mysmilie_12: I haven't watched TJC in ages because I can't stand certain presenters who are never off the screen!! However, I thought exactly that myself some time ago. As you say, Swiss Blue is a vibrant blue and Sky Blue is the very pale blue. I know colours may look different on TV but I wouldn't have thought they would be that different!

Hmmmm... so I'm not imagining it, then?

IMO, because topaz colours are enhanced and distinctive, if you buy something described as 'Swiss' or 'London', you should know exactly what you're getting. And it's hardly a rare stone. So why, why would they start misrepresenting the colours?

Do they think we can't see that the colour's not what it should be? Do they think their customers are dim? What can they possibly achieve, except to damage our trust in the company?

H'm... wonder what they'd say if I wrote and asked???

Latest posts

Back