Tova tsv 28/06/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tova Clip on Fox Business

Hi:hi::wave:, I have posted on another jewellery channel thread but have not on the QVC channel before today. I've been reading the comments for a few months now and have enjoyed many of the them and have learned a lot from the shared comments. Many thanks for all the great advice about various products and the fun comments as well.

Over the past couple of days I have watched many of the Tova shows. I like some of her Diamonique pieces and have purchased a few of her fragrances - a "try me" special offer of Signature Platinum available before Christmas and Signature Autumn. They are both ok but having read many comments regarding the Signature controversy on both US and UK websites, I wonder what the "original" fragrance smelled like. I believe that women who have used the fragrance for years know what they are talking about when they comment that the fragrance has been changed. I also got the Love Everlasting Body Lotion duo last time and do like that a lot:star:. So I was thinking about getting the Signature Summer and/or Turquoise but see that both have not very good ratings.:confused:

One thing that seems to come up again and again about the fragrance is that it doesn't last or is weak. I guess the way a fragrance smells is personal but the weak or doesn't last bit is what I have a problem with.

Anyway I do like Tova:flower:. She presents herself well and has built up a successful business which is hard for anyone to do especially women for many reasons and back then when she started, it was harder. I came across this clip :movie: about Tova and thought I'd share it if that's ok. I find it interesting. I hope that this link comes through and that it's not something everyone has already seen. :)mysmilie_477:there is a bit of an advert running a few seconds before the Tova part begins).

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3888709/tova-borgnine-details-path-to-qvc-stardom

:up:Many thanks for all your great buying advice over the last few months. It's helped me to avoid a few things and save time and money!! :mysmilie_504:

Can anyone tell me roughly (or nicely!!) what it smells like? I mean, is it similar to anything else on the market, or which kind of family it belongs to? I read the description but it doesn't really help that much. the Amber one I'd assume would be like the Opium, Cinnabar (gosh I'm showing my age!!) group? Thanks!

no it's not at all spicy (ambre d'oro), it's fresh, citrusy, with a floral hint to it - gorgeous for this hot, sticky weather, and it's not overpowering either.

i placed my order at approx 10am yesterday and no payment has been taken yet, although my order is showing as 'in process'. anyone else's like this? :flower:

Hi:hi::wave:, I have posted on another jewellery channel thread but have not on the QVC channel before today. I've been reading the comments for a few months now and have enjoyed many of the them and have learned a lot from the shared comments. Many thanks for all the great advice about various products and the fun comments as well.

Over the past couple of days I have watched many of the Tova shows. I like some of her Diamonique pieces and have purchased a few of her fragrances - a "try me" special offer of Signature Platinum available before Christmas and Signature Autumn. They are both ok but having read many comments regarding the Signature controversy on both US and UK websites, I wonder what the "original" fragrance smelled like. I believe that women who have used the fragrance for years know what they are talking about when they comment that the fragrance has been changed. I also got the Love Everlasting Body Lotion duo last time and do like that a lot:star:. So I was thinking about getting the Signature Summer and/or Turquoise but see that both have not very good ratings.:confused:

One thing that seems to come up again and again about the fragrance is that it doesn't last or is weak. I guess the way a fragrance smells is personal but the weak or doesn't last bit is what I have a problem with.

Anyway I do like Tova:flower:. She presents herself well and has built up a successful business which is hard for anyone to do especially women for many reasons and back then when she started, it was harder. I came across this clip :movie: about Tova and thought I'd share it if that's ok. I find it interesting. I hope that this link comes through and that it's not something everyone has already seen. :)mysmilie_477:there is a bit of an advert running a few seconds before the Tova part begins).

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3888709/tova-borgnine-details-path-to-qvc-stardom

:up:Many thanks for all your great buying advice over the last few months. It's helped me to avoid a few things and save time and money!! :mysmilie_504:

I think her perfume hasn't ever been that strong or long lasting, but I guess it depends on your skin. A perfume maker on QVC once said that the best way to make a perfume last is to layer body lotion over the top of perfume as it's oil that keeps it from dissipating.

I haven't tried the new Platinium Signature but the original was fresh, hint of lavender, citrus and talc. I still have some of the original Signature and about a third of a bottle of Calm which was my favourite. I didn't buy the tsv as I thought nearly £50 was too much and I wasn't bothered trying Ambre D'oro and Signature Platinum is still getting mixed reviews. I've treated myself to a box of goodies from my perfume maker in USA, who's making me a perfume mix of Skin musk, Lavender and Neroli which I think will be a nice talc/fresh scent and will definitely last! If Tova brings back Calm then I'd spend £50, but until then I'll make do with what I have left.

paralax.......just hear say BUT ive heard that QVC bought her out & hence the DILUTION in the strength......i too was a true devotee of her fragrances & they not only lasted all day BUT they also lasted months on clothes in your wardrobe....it would stand to reason that qvc trying for more profit would 'water' them down as profit seems to have taken over from value......i do say yet again thats just what ive heard & i think im not on my own either on here maybe ive also read such things........bummer qvc PLEASE lets all go back & we will al start buying again...toll then people will keep sending them back dissappointed.

I hadn't heard that, but if true it would explain a lot, I tired Signature Platinum, and found it was nothing like the original, and I did it off the back of reviews from alledgedly long time users of the original, which just confirms my cynical take on reviews. If the original came back I would definately buy it again, l would probably bath in it! I have gone back to Opium now, but I do miss it. I am just very annoyed that they were not honest about it, so Tova and the Channel has gone way down in my estimation. Thanks for passing on the information.

Latest posts

Back