Treatments .... update.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you PPC , I appreciate your reply . I expect the poor man is run off his feet , hope you get a response soon , B x

i had a telephone call on Sat to say that the test showed my fading Tanzanite was not coated BUT Andrew said that is is in need of a clean so that might be why it has gone lighter bullocks to that, it will make it go duller and murkier but not make it fade from an AAAA to an AA he said that our perception of the colour in our jewellery when we have had it for a while can be different to what it was when we got it bullocks to that as well, I know an AAAA to an AA any day and told him if it had been that colour when it had arrived they would have had it straight back ,will wait and see what the next step is:mysmilie_81:

Hi,

Sent my coated pink diamonds off for the promised refund on the 21st. They received and signed for them on the 22nd.
Guess what....no refund. I have chased them. -how long do they normally take to process a straightforward refund??
Also waiting for confirmation on treatments on some yellow diamonds I have - I am expecting heat and irradiation as that is common for yellow diamonds but apparently ' they don't have the records'.....
I agree with all the posts regarding the decline of Gems TV. I have watched and bought from the very beginning but now.....such a shame.

Hi,

Sent my coated pink diamonds off for the promised refund on the 21st. They received and signed for them on the 22nd.
Guess what....no refund. I have chased them. -how long do they normally take to process a straightforward refund??
Also waiting for confirmation on treatments on some yellow diamonds I have - I am expecting heat and irradiation as that is common for yellow diamonds but apparently ' they don't have the records'.....
I agree with all the posts regarding the decline of Gems TV. I have watched and bought from the very beginning but now.....such a shame.

It took a while for my refunds as they always refund back onto the card the purchase was made on, but mine were bought a good few years ago so they had to take my new card details and then refund which took them a couple of weeks.

You can trust them over this Imspim. Andy Lovett is doing all he can to rectify the current problems and I'm sure your refund will show up quite soon 'Normal' returns/refunds can take up to 21 days so don't panic. I was in the same situation as GC with an expired card but Carl in CS soon sorted it out.

You can trust them over this Imspim. Andy Lovett is doing all he can to rectify the current problems and I'm sure your refund will show up quite soon 'Normal' returns/refunds can take up to 21 days so don't panic. I was in the same situation as GC with an expired card but Carl in CS soon sorted it out.

Totally agree PPC . Ive just had a very helpful phne call fom Mr Lovett , He was very pleasant , explained that the process of checking back through the records may take a few weeks ( my purchases where in 2006 ) and stated he would keep me informed of the process. I am pleased with the response and I feel that I am being listened to and taken seriously , Thanks to all of you on this thread or I would never have thought to check . B x:mysmilie_687:

I have now had another call from Gems to say they are about two weeks behind on the returns process. They also were able to confirm the treatments my other stones have received.
To be fair to them if I email they do respond quickly.

Totally agree PPC . Ive just had a very helpful phne call fom Mr Lovett , He was very pleasant , explained that the process of checking back through the records may take a few weeks ( my purchases where in 2006 ) and stated he would keep me informed of the process. I am pleased with the response and I feel that I am being listened to and taken seriously , Thanks to all of you on this thread or I would never have thought to check . B x:mysmilie_687:

Same here. I'm delighted they way it's been dealt with so far.

Hi all
I have just sent an email to Gems TV about my padparadscha sapphires purchased during 2005-2006
Can you let me know what the process is?
Do I need to send all of them to Gems for checking on or will items codes be enough?

Kind regards, Sapphireblue

Hi all
I have just sent an email to Gems TV about my padparadscha sapphires purchased during 2005-2006
Can you let me know what the process is?
Do I need to send all of them to Gems for checking on or will items codes be enough?

Kind regards, Sapphireblue

It may take them a few days to get back to you initially , but they will be intouch

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback
Do you think that the planned redundancies in Thailand will impact how Gems TV resolve these issues on this thread?

Sapphireblue

That's a good point SB, but I shouldn't think so. The paperwork/records will still exist. xx

I would doubt it SB. My understanding is that they are only outsourcing their jewellery making operation. They will still keep a presence there for example, Richard Hughes is based there and the buying team I believe. The buying records will either stay with the buying team or, if it's moving elsewhere, will be moved with them I should think. Don't worry, they've managed to track most things down up to know so I'd just sit back and wait.

It is about time they either played an on air message or sent a letter to each and every customer.

GemsTV are just not playing fair.

Just thought you might be interested ...
I bought a black opal pendant and when a local jeweller looked at it he told me that it was a doublet!! Eek, was well past the returnable date so I kept it and have been wondering ever since. Then I found this fab forum and after reading your posts here I also became concerned about a Majestic emerald pendant which my hubby bought as we had been looking for a Zambian stone (for sentimental reasons, as I lived in Zambia as a young girl).
I have been following this thread with interest and decided to contact Andy Lovett to (hopefully) put my mind at rest about these pieces. I have just received a telephone call from Andy (lovely guy) to say that he expects some news early next week. I am now keeping my fingers crossed that the news is good and I will, of course, post the results.

I also had a call from Andrew this afternoon about the Padparadscha sapphire ring, just to let me know they're waiting for information back from Thailand and he'll be in touch as soon as it's available.

Latest posts

Back