true call

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

worrier

Xena, sometimes
I'm seriously considering buying one of these because of all the phone calls I'm getting. I'm signed up for TPS but still get at least 4 international calls (I know bt can't do anything about these) and 2 or 3 'withheld' numbers a day. When I answer there's no one at the other end and they never leave a message on the answer phone. So I think I may invest in the True Call system they are selling on QVC. My quandry is which one do I 'go for' and why. As there is two different devices and £30 difference in price. I'm not sure if I would need the more expensive one with the extra features on it. Anyone got one?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.561761

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.562269

Same here love we get so many of those prerecorded sales calls it's only the price that puts me off but it seems a top piece of kit.

I'm seriously considering buying one of these because of all the phone calls I'm getting. I'm signed up for TPS but still get at least 4 international calls (I know bt can't do anything about these) and 2 or 3 'withheld' numbers a day. When I answer there's no one at the other end and they never leave a message on the answer phone. So I think I may invest in the True Call system they are selling on QVC. My quandry is which one do I 'go for' and why. As there is two different devices and £30 difference in price. I'm not sure if I would need the more expensive one with the extra features on it. Anyone got one?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.561761

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.562269

I have been getting International and withheld telephone calls too. Last week I had 6 in 5 days. They all seem to be from India sellingl cover for sky boxes etc. probably for some English company. I have told them several times I DONT want any cover and to stop ringing but the following day I still get at least one call. I have even tried ignoring and also turning my phone on and off to disconect them but them still ring back. Yesterday I got an International call, which I ignored then 2 mins later got a withheld which I answered as ex directory show as withheld, had a blazing row with guy on the other end as he was trying to peddle - yes you guessed it - insurance cover for my sky box. He told me not to talk to him in this manner to which I replied you rang me unsolicited and if he did not like my tone DONT RING BACK:mysmilie_61:

Glad to see its not just me getting fed up:mysmilie_73:

I have been getting International and withheld telephone calls too. Last week I had 6 in 5 days. They all seem to be from India sellingl cover for sky boxes etc. probably for some English company. I have told them several times I DONT want any cover and to stop ringing but the following day I still get at least one call. I have even tried ignoring and also turning my phone on and off to disconect them but them still ring back. Yesterday I got an International call, which I ignored then 2 mins later got a withheld which I answered as ex directory show as withheld, had a blazing row with guy on the other end as he was trying to peddle - yes you guessed it - insurance cover for my sky box. He told me not to talk to him in this manner to which I replied you rang me unsolicited and if he did not like my tone DONT RING BACK:mysmilie_61:

Glad to see its not just me getting fed up:mysmilie_73:

I don't get why people even try to converse with these callers.
When they USED to ring me ,I said,"I have to inform you that your now part of a police investigation and the call is being recorded. Ther person whose name you just mentioned is believed to have been kidnapped and every call is now being treated as possible evidence". It's an old trick but it works becasue I haven't had any calls in over a year.
If people haven't got the front to say that, then simply say,in an angry tone,that the call is being recorded.They hang up straight away..or simply tell them to F off and put the phone down.Nobody should even try to talk to these cretons.
They are ALL con artists.

we get these calls too...they tell you that your sky box insurance is expiring soon (ours is on rolling DD, it never expires) I just say no and put the phone down. I asked one guy how he got our number and he said that said he was actually from the firm sky subcontract the work to...so i told him he had breached the data protection act and that i would be reporting him to Sky...end of call!
We looked at True Call but we have withheld our phone number and if you go for any of the caller ID display gizmos, you have to allow your phone number to be displayed to other people so we decided against it.
I think that the reason that ex directory (which we are) isn't so effective now is these automatic diallers. They just start with an STD code and dial all the possible numbers sequentially until one rings then wait for an answer.

I reported a kichen firm who managed to get my number 2 days after I changed it to aviod calls of this nature. I went ballistic with them, they said that Virgin Media had sold them my number!!! pack of lies but I also went balllistic with Virgin Media, Turned out the kitchen people just do random dialling til they hit lucky or unlucky in my case! I think there should be much tougher legislation to tackle these calls. A friend of mine gets loads and does not want to change her number as her mum is elderely and would get really confused and upset.

Thought the government was looking into these phone calls and getting them banned. Everyone hates getting them and I cant see that they get much business from them, (my 84 year old nan was phoned recently asking if she'd like to change her mortgage as they could save her money. She told them her age and they just hung up lol).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back