Two sides to a coin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What I would like to see, is a "pro bid" post from a new poster, that is just that and nothing else. Eg...I bought a steam cleaner from bid it's brilliant only cost £30 delivered and it's better than the Vax I used to have that cost me £60. I love Mike Mason, I do, he's really cheerful and cheeky!....but for some reason most come on all guns blazing telling us that we're sad, have too much time our hands, are being mean, rude etc etc - and I reckon that is why pro-bidders think that if they post something positive about the channels they're going to get shouted down. To me, it's plain to see that it's not the pro bid comments that are disagreed with, it's the downright rudeness that accompanies it most of the time that gets people's backs ups!

What I would like to see, is a "pro bid" post from a new poster, that is just that and nothing else. Eg...I bought a steam cleaner from bid it's brilliant only cost £30 delivered and it's better than the Vax I used to have that cost me £60. I love Mike Mason, I do, he's really cheerful and cheeky!....but for some reason most come on all guns blazing telling us that we're sad, have too much time our hands, are being mean, rude etc etc - and I reckon that is why pro-bidders think that if they post something positive about the channels they're going to get shouted down. To me, it's plain to see that it's not the pro bid comments that are disagreed with, it's the downright rudeness that accompanies it most of the time that gets people's backs ups!

A great post. thank you.

Dear Bingo,

It appears you are suffering from 'selective eye sight' syndrome.

There are many threads/posts on here 'praising' Bid/price drop etc when they get things right. Unfortunately not all the time as well you (and the ASA (and now Ofcom)) know ~ you even admitted Mr. Russell can talk 'BS' in another thread where others were praising him. I quite like JR now, there aren't many presenters doing a bad job - for me personally the real sour grapes in the Sit-up organisation are their management team who direct the whole circus (they are ultimately to blame for not abiding by regulations set out in the industry).

Well if thats not an insulting personal attack i dont know what is. luckily im not a big cry baby who goes running to momma each time someone says something to them. There are occasional threads praising BID. but more often than not 'pro BID posts' are shot down. i cant imagine a thread which insults and makes personal attacks on a presenter being taken down !

Well if thats not an insulting personal attack i dont know what is. luckily im not a big cry baby who goes running to momma each time someone says something to them. There are occasional threads praising BID. but more often than not 'pro BID posts' are shot down. i cant imagine a thread which insults and makes personal attacks on a presenter being taken down !

I suppose you could start some pro Bid threads, maybe about a presenter or some products you have bought and see what responses you get? It's just an idea and you never know, you might be surprised :happy: For example I bought another batch of Panjaban Curry Sauces/Chutneys yesterday, fantastic product and excellent value and no P+P!. I assume, like many of us, you are actually a customer of Bid?

But again, thank you for your comments.

Last edited:
glad you took the plunge with panjaban wirral

watch this space i am told they will tie up a supermarket deal for next year fairly soon

(not like jpd and debenhams)

I suppose you could start some pro Bid threads, maybe about a presenter or some products you have bought and see what responses you get? It's just an idea and you never know, you might be surprised :happy: For example I bought another batch of Panjaban Curry Sauces/Chutneys yesterday, fantastic product and excellent value and no P+P!. I assume, like many of us, you are actually a customer of Bid?

But again, thank you for your comments.

How are they for ingredients Wirral? as I don't really like buying ready made sauces because a lot of them contain stuff you wouldn't find in your store cupboard at home...If they're just natural ingredients then I might just give them a whirl! If I am going to buy a ready made sauce I've found the "seeds of change" range really good..available from the dreaded supermarket lol!

How are they for ingredients Wirral? as I don't really like buying ready made sauces because a lot of them contain stuff you wouldn't find in your store cupboard at home...If they're just natural ingredients then I might just give them a whirl! If I am going to buy a ready made sauce I've found the "seeds of change" range really good..available from the dreaded supermarket lol!

They are excellent Merry, purely natural but the main reason we like them is they are not greasy as they only contain Olive Oil and no Ghee but it dosen't affect the flavour, far from it.

I believe Seeds of Change are good too.

It's only an observation, I'm sorry if you feel offended but there is no need too! If you wonder why people are so 'anti-Bid' on here.... negativity (which Bid give off through their presentations) will only ever give off further negativity! The same can be said for positive actions!! All Sit-up need to do is give the viewer a truthful presentation and hey presto we'll all be happy.

The word FORUM derives from ancient Roman meaning. it was a place in the city where people would meet and debate issues. a place of assembly. a place where both sides would air their opinions.

Is there any chance that on THIS forum the people who actually like BID TV can have their opinions treated in the same way as those who dont?

I think this is a fair and reasonable request

Bingo

If you weren't rude about forum members, you may have had some respect.

The word FORUM derives from ancient Roman meaning. it was a place in the city where people would meet and debate issues. a place of assembly. a place where both sides would air their opinions.

Is there any chance that on THIS forum the people who actually like BID TV can have their opinions treated in the same way as those who dont?

I think this is a fair and reasonable request

Bingo

I would love a debate about bid. Okay let's strike whilst the iron is hot. What do you make of when bid sell knock off Chinese brands as top quality world beaters? I know there are some excellent Asian brands but none on bid.

PJ

I would love a debate about bid. Okay let's strike whilst the iron is hot. What do you make of when bid sell knock off Chinese brands as top quality world beaters? I know there are some excellent Asian brands but none on bid.

PJ

Great topic. I think it has been great for the customer that BID make affordable copies of expensive products. I have purchased a few and Been thinned with them. The X5 steam mop/gun copy by gener8 is cracking as are the your kitchen products I have bought. They provide a very affordable alternative. Should they pass these brands off as great quality established brands? No of course they shouldn't and I haven't heard of that for a while. Equally though I don't think they should be expected to introduce them as 'cheap Chinese copies' they are a retailer after all. Honesty is one thing. But honesty to the point where you ate talking people out of buying is another. I think what I want is honesty but within reason.

Great topic. I think it has been great for the customer that BID make affordable copies of expensive products. I have purchased a few and Been thinned with them. The X5 steam mop/gun copy by gener8 is cracking as are the your kitchen products I have bought. They provide a very affordable alternative. Should they pass these brands off as great quality established brands? No of course they shouldn't and I haven't heard of that for a while. Equally though I don't think they should be expected to introduce them as 'cheap Chinese copies' they are a retailer after all. Honesty is one thing. But honesty to the point where you ate talking people out of buying is another. I think what I want is honesty but within reason.

I think you make some good points. From my point of view shops like Poundland (which I shop in, great buys) call it how it is. This is a cheap shop so don't expect Apple products. The way some on bid talk is thy are the Harrods of the shopping TV world wheras in reality they are far from it.

PJ

I think you make some good points. From my point of view shops like Poundland (which I shop in, great buys) call it how it is. This is a cheap shop so don't expect Apple products. The way some on bid talk is thy are the Harrods of the shopping TV world wheras in reality they are far from it.

PJ

Very true. Although BID do sell some tat. i wouldn't call them 'poundland' i think they are more a cross between TK Max and TJ Hughes. neither of them have done a 'Ratners' and claimed their products are 'cheap crap'. i dont expect BID to do it anytime soon either it would be retail suicide. that approach certainly works for a pound shop in a recession but i think they are unique in their ability to 'say it as it is'

Very true. Although BID do sell some tat. i wouldn't call them 'poundland' i think they are more a cross between TK Max and TJ Hughes. neither of them have done a 'Ratners' and claimed their products are 'cheap crap'. i dont expect BID to do it anytime soon either it would be retail suicide. that approach certainly works for a pound shop in a recession but i think they are unique in their ability to 'say it as it is'

You're right, Bid would never say that. However, it reminds me of what James Russell said on facebook when he was leaving Gems TV. He said, direct quote in his exact words:- "Wahoooooooo. Last day at gems TV...I have fought the burning desire to throw a sicky and am about to head off. It's gonna be my last stint infront of camera for a while and definatly my last stint at flogging crap on shopping channels. Good night, god bless... Much love !"

Of course when he came crawling back to Sit Up with his tail between his legs he claimed it was all a joke, what a noob!

You're right, Bid would never say that. However, it reminds me of what James Russell said on facebook when he was leaving Gems TV. He said, direct quote in his exact words:- "Wahoooooooo. Last day at gems TV...I have fought the burning desire to throw a sicky and am about to head off. It's gonna be my last stint infront of camera for a while and definatly my last stint at flogging crap on shopping channels. Good night, god bless... Much love !"

Of course when he came crawling back to Sit Up with his tail between his legs he claimed it was all a joke, what a noob!

That is the very definition of 'burning your bridges' luckily for him the bridge to BID has asbestos lining lol. silly little man. i bet he regrets saying that!

Latest posts

Back