Two sides to a coin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bingowings

Registered Shopper
The word FORUM derives from ancient Roman meaning. it was a place in the city where people would meet and debate issues. a place of assembly. a place where both sides would air their opinions.

Is there any chance that on THIS forum the people who actually like BID TV can have their opinions treated in the same way as those who dont?

I think this is a fair and reasonable request

Bingo

The word FORUM derives from ancient Roman meaning. it was a place in the city where people would meet and debate issues. a place of assembly. a place where both sides would air their opinions.

Is there any chance that on THIS forum the people who actually like BID TV can have their opinions treated in the same way as those who dont?

Bingo

been a busy day!

Bingo

Yes everyone is entitled to state their opinion but intentionally stirring up trouble by repeating a closed thread is not acceptable.

keep it fun and light hearted and i hope you are hear to stay

i flirt between the two sides when it comes to bid, i enjoy the channels latterly especially price drop and have been happy with all 5 purchases i personally i have made

some things i still despise about them but a lot less than 6 months ago

Yes everyone is entitled to state their opinion but intentionally stirring up trouble by repeating a closed thread is not acceptable.

i am not going to name individual posts but do the same rules apply to personal attacks on presenters Sazza?

if so it would be good to see this implemented on either bid staff or posters on here or neither

thanks

keep it fun and light hearted and i hope you are hear to stay

i flirt between the two sides when it comes to bid, i enjoy the channels latterly especially price drop and have been happy with all 5 purchases i personally i have made

some things i still despise about them but a lot less than 6 months ago

i concur with this sentiment, i see the presenters as characters but i also respect there are people who have their reasons for disliking them, at times it can get a little excessive but i just like the forum being as busy as possible with people that are passionate above either perspective.

Hi Sazza
I wasnt trying to stir up trouble. i was trying to stir up debate and thought by editing my original post. removing the part that caused an issue and replacing it with a bit of tongue in cheek humour it would be fine. there are far worse threads that are ANTI BID TV than my PRO BID post. it feels like if you like BID TV and express it in a post you have to tread on egg shells. but if you are ANTI BID you can say pretty much anything you like.

i hope i am wrong

Bingo

i am not going to name individual posts but do the same rules apply to personal attacks on presenters Sazza?

if so it would be good to see this implemented on either bid staff or posters on here or neither

thanks

Graham has always stated that opinions positive and negative on presenters is allowed.

Bingo

Most of us do like Bid & I think that's your main problem as you don't seem to realise you can be critical about certain aspects of Bid... but enjoy it in general and you can post whatever you feel without resorting to immature personal attacks against anybody that disagrees with you.
For every negative comment posted about Bid there must be at least five singing the praises about certain presenters or products.

Many of us here follow presenters on Twitter such as Andy or Marina, or even belong to fb groups such as Peters or even Mikes. The majority of people here enjoy Bid or did enjoy it before they started getting sloppy on their standards & the ASA & ofcom got involved.

Graham has always stated that opinions positive and negative on presenters is allowed.

not really what i was asking

positive and negative is allowed i can see that and have made both myself

it appears bingos thread was taken down for some personal remarks about posters, will past and/or future posts which refer to presenters weight for example (i think you will agree a pretty personal remark) be taken down as quickly?

thanks

Most of us do like Bid & I think that's your main problem as you don't seem to realise you can be critical about certain aspects of Bid... but enjoy it in general and you can post whatever you feel without resorting to immature personal attacks against anybody that disagrees with you.
For every negative comment posted about Bid there must be at least five singing the praises about certain presenters or products.

Many of us here follow presenters on Twitter such as Andy or Marina, or even belong to fb groups such as Peters or even Mikes. The majority of people here enjoy Bid or did enjoy it before they started getting sloppy on their standards & the ASA & ofcom got involved.

Hi Mr Mobo
I think that is the case for many. especially the 'used to like BID sentiment' but not for all. but thats what a forum should be about right? the coming together of opinions to create debate?

I really like the channel (obviously) i used to like it more when it first started but i cant see those days coming back and i am also friends with a number of the presenters on FB and love to chat about all the gossip. if you read my posts i am also critical of BID and have my share of issues with them. but i have the right to defend them too. there are plenty on here who are more than keen to insult the presenters on BID TV. some pretty nasty ones too. its my opinion that if you are big enough to give it you should be big enough to take it. not a sentiment that is shared by all though.

Anyway. thank you for the reply. i really like your posts Mr Mobo. they are intelligent and rational and always make a good read.

Bingo

it appears bingos thread was taken down for some personal remarks about posters, will past and/or future posts which refer to presenters weight for example (i think you will agree a pretty personal remark) be taken down as quickly?

thanks

Personal attacks on fellow forum members are not tolerated.

I cannot give you a blanket yes or no answer. There will always be comments on presenters and how they look etc....just look at other sections of the forum and you will see such comments. Occasionally there will be comments that over step the mark and they would be dealt.

Remember that there is a report a post button on every post so members can bring a post they feel is inappropriate to our attention or you can contact Graham or myself direct.

thanks

But i removed those remarks and it was still taken down?

thanks for your reply

must say i find the whole premise that you it seems can call a presenter fat or something similar but are not allowed to "insult" (if it was that) somebody who is not even a real name just somebody on the internet

thanks for your reply

must say i find the whole premise that you it seems can call a presenter fat or something similar but are not allowed to "insult" (if it was that) somebody who is not even a real name just somebody on the internet

yeah me too. maybe its because presenters arnt actually real people? BUT Anonymous internet users are?

Hi Sazza
I wasnt trying to stir up trouble. i was trying to stir up debate and thought by editing my original post. removing the part that caused an issue and replacing it with a bit of tongue in cheek humour it would be fine. there are far worse threads that are ANTI BID TV than my PRO BID post. it feels like if you like BID TV and express it in a post you have to tread on egg shells. but if you are ANTI BID you can say pretty much anything you like.

i hope i am wrong

Bingo

Dear Bingo,

It appears you are suffering from 'selective eye sight' syndrome.

There are many threads/posts on here 'praising' Bid/price drop etc when they get things right. Unfortunately not all the time as well you (and the ASA (and now Ofcom)) know ~ you even admitted Mr. Russell can talk 'BS' in another thread where others were praising him. I quite like JR now, there aren't many presenters doing a bad job - for me personally the real sour grapes in the Sit-up organisation are their management team who direct the whole circus (they are ultimately to blame for not abiding by regulations set out in the industry).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back