Ultrasun Question/Advice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICKY S

Registered Shopper
We usually pick up the glimmer 20 and the sport gel 20 which is usually on offer at Manchester Duty Free.
Maybe worth giving your airport a call to see what's on offer, better keep with the 150ml / 200ml sizes or you'll not have enough for a full body.

Last edited:
I am very fair. Best way is to keep out of the sun and still slap on the sun protection. I use factor 30 and make sure that my face, chest, neck and hands have it on. Also your feet. I wear a long skirt and a long sleeved t shirt. Beware of thinking that the umbrella over the sun lounger is keeping the sun off you - sometimes they are old and the sun gets through. Beware of reflected sun whilst swimming as well even if wearing a t shirt.
Spent a week in Tunisia last August with temperatures of 44C and I am proud to say I returned home without a sun tan!
I burnt myself very badly whilst swimming on a cloudy day in Madagascar about 10 years ago.

I had blood tests done by my consultant at the hospital to test my levels of Vitamin D, because lack of it can exacerbate autoimmune disease (I have such a disease). As it turns out, I am deficient and am being prescribed a 2 week Vitamin D course of tablets (My GP says Vit D tablets in the health food shops etc are useless) from the hospital pharmacy. Sunshine is the source for the body to synthesize your own Vitamin D and our obsession with Factor 50 sunblocks and avoiding the sun at all costs actually isn't good for your body trying to make enough Vitamin D. The advice I am given is to not burn (which causes sun damage and melanoma) nor get exposed during the hottest hours of the day but it is important to get sunlight exposure. I think Factor 20 is fine. I use Riemanns. I tried Ultrasun, but found it kept rolling off my skin and I burnt with it.

I have Roscea and wear ultrasun every day.It really suits my skin type.

However I would not use it abroad.

I used it last Aug in Tenerife and my face was quite burnt,as I believed the one day hype.

IMO its good for our weather.....but not hotter climates.

You may as well just go to boots and get your stuff there.Cheap,cheerful and keep applying.

If you are really fair then I dont think Ultrasun is for you, bought it for partner who is very fair and he got burnt and I had bought an spf50 and spf30

I now buy a product called Techniblock for him, you buy it off a website called something like Easy Sunspray, this is excellent is an SPF40 and he doesnt get burnt even in Turkey during August

I hope I am allowed to say this about another product, I dont work for them just purchase it

Latest posts

Back