Ultras tsv 3.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 95
Ultrasun Sun Protection 4 Piece Holiday Top-Up Collection

QVC Price £65.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £3.95

Single

Auto-Delivery

Whether youre in family mode or party mode this summer, weve got all your SPF needs covered with this Ultrasun collection in a choice of Family or Tan options. Both collections offer sun protection from top to toe and include Aftersun to help lock in moisture and prolong your tan all summer long. One application is all thats needed so you can spend time enjoying the summer with all your nearest and dearest.
*A great saving: If you were to buy the Glimmer or Family items individually, directly from Ultrasun you’d pay £96 for the Glimmer and £90 for the Family items. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £29.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £62.07 on the Glimmer and £56.07 on the Family collection.
Long-lasting protection - just one application of SPF from this Ultrasun range provides long-lasting protection - although another application may be required in extreme circumstances - and offers gentle formulas that are suitable for all skin types. With a shelf life of up to two years after opening these products will help keep your skin protected season after season.
EcoSun awarded - known for their patented lamellar technology and broad spectrum sun protection formulas, Ultrasun was the first suncare brand worldwide to be awarded the BASF EcoSun pass status. For more information on the BASF EcoSun pass, please visit carecreations.basf.com/ecosun-pass.
The choice is yours - whether you’re looking to protect the whole family all summer long or add a little gimmer to your sun protection, there's an effective SPF formula to suit you. Just take your pick from the Family option, which includes Family SPF 30 and After Sun for whole family care and protection or the Tan option, which includes Glimmer SPF 20 and an After Sun Tan Booster to help enhance your natural tan and give you that extra holiday glow.
Keep it coming - make sure you're protected for late-in-the-year heatwaves or autumn city breaks with our Auto Delivery option. Select it, and you'll receive the same great collection in 60 days' time at today's fabulous price.
Free from oils, emulsifiers and perfumes
Make your choice
Family Option contains:

• 1 x Family SPF 30 (200ml) - especially suitable for sensitive and allergy-prone skin, this water-resistant formula is ideal for protecting you and your little ones in the sun. A fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky UVA and UVB sun protection gel with GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Face SPF 30 (50ml) - an anti-ageing sun protection that helps maintain optimal moisture levels and works to reduce the appearance of sun-induced ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles and larger pores. Provides a combination of lamellar broad-spectrum SPF protection with GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and Ectoin. Especially ideal for sensitive skin
  • 1 x Face Mist SPF 50 (75ml) - a non-greasy, quick-drying transparent spray that can be worn on top of or beneath make-up and is gentle enough for the most sensitive of skins
  • 1 x Aftersun (100ml) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky liposomal gel formulated to help moisturise and soothe your skin for up to 24 hours after exposure to the sun. With Aquarich, Glycerin and anti-free radical elements
Or
Tan Option contains:
  • 1 x Glimmer SPF 20 (200ml) - a fast-absorbing, non-sticky, non-greasy UVA and UVB (SPF **) sun protection gel, suitable for sensitive skin, which is water-resistant, easy to apply and contains reflecting pigments to catch the light, plus a golden glimmer to add a glow to your skin. With GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Tinted Face SPF 30 (50ml) - a tinted anti-ageing sun protection that helps maintain optimal moisture levels, reduces the appearance of sun-induced ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles and larger pores. Provides a combination of lamellar broad-spectrum SPF protection with GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and Ectoin. Especially ideal for sensitive skin
  • 1 x Face Mist SPF 50 (75ml) - a non-greasy, quick-drying transparent spray that can be worn on top of or beneath make-up and is gentle enough for the most sensitive of skins
  • 1 x After Sun Tan Booster (100ml) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, lightly perfumed gel with 2% DHA Plus to enhance your natural tan. Gives an instant cooling effect after exposure to the sun and helps to maintain skin's natural moisture levels. With Questice(R) Liquid and HydraSynol DOI

That’s a great deal. I’m going to try this set. We’re off to Cyprus in august hopefully will be a good kit. I got the big deal too x

It’s great value… but I have a big 400ml bottle of the family 30 so can’t justify it this year….
Im definitely buying the smaller sizes when my stash has run out… those big bottles take years to use up, I’m sure they will be out of date before I finish them

The product might be good but I can’t listen to Abi Cleeve for more than a couple of minutes. She knows her stuff but I don’t like her presenting style - just a barrage of words, doesn’t take a breathe and doesn’t break it up into ‘sentences’. Coupled with Debbie Flint last night with her incredulous, disingenuous whispers and it was just too much for me.

I use Ultrasun all year round, on my face, because I’m fair skinned and I only have to look at the sun and I go a gentle shade of red which isn’t a good look. 😳 I’m not a sun lover and I’ve never sunbathed. Even at my age I don’t really have any wrinkles but don’t know whether that’s because I’ve avoided the sun or whether it’s down to my genes. I do like being outdoors though but I spend the time darting between the shady bits.

However, I know what kind of Ultrasun suits me and so I don’t need to listen to Abi waffling on any more. I just stock up when they do duos or special offers.

I avoided the midnight show for that reason but also because I can’t watch Debbie, for several reasons, so I don’t watch any shows when she’s the presenter.

A great saving: If you were to buy the Glimmer or Family items individually, directly from Ultrasun you’d pay £96 for the Glimmer and £90 for the Family items. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £29.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £62.07 on the Glimmer and £56.07 on the Family collection.

Family

Family SPF 30
(200ml) - £32 cost £12.06
Face SPF 30 (50ml) - £22 cost £8.30
Face Mist SPF 50 (75ml) - £20 cost £7.54
Aftersun (100ml) - £16 cost £6.03

Total £90 cost £33.93 incl p&p used in calculations.

Glitter

Glimmer SPF 20 (200ml) - £32 cost £11.31
Tinted Face SPF 30 (50ml) - £26 cost £9.19
Face Mist SPF 50 (75ml) - £20 cost £7.07
After Sun Tan Booster (100ml) - £18 cost £6.36

Total £96 cost £33.93 incl p&p used in calculations.

Thanks SCW for RRP prices.

I realise there are fans of this brand, and I've often been tempted, but when reading in various mags the top and best sun creams to use, and also in a Which survey, Ultrasun is rarely mentioned. I find that strange when you consider the price of this so expect it to be one of the best on the market.

I use Ultrasun all year round, on my face, because I’m fair skinned and I only have to look at the sun and I go a gentle shade of red which isn’t a good look. 😳 I’m not a sun lover and I’ve never sunbathed. Even at my age I don’t really have any wrinkles but don’t know whether that’s because I’ve avoided the sun or whether it’s down to my genes. I do like being outdoors though but I spend the time darting between the shady bits.

However, I know what kind of Ultrasun suits me and so I don’t need to listen to Abi waffling on any more. I just stock up when they do duos or special offers.

I avoided the midnight show for that reason but also because I can’t watch Debbie, for several reasons, so I don’t watch any shows when she’s the presenter.
The product might be good but I can’t listen to Abi Cleeve for more than a couple of minutes. She knows her stuff but I don’t like her presenting style - just a barrage of words, doesn’t take a breathe and doesn’t break it up into ‘sentences’. Coupled with Debbie Flint last night with her incredulous, disingenuous whispers and it was just too much for me.
Blimey, the two of them together would be enough to put anyone off….
I know what works for me now so don’t need to watch Abi preaching and Flinty just being Flinty….

That said, has anyone tried the anti-pigmentation cream? It’s got mixed reviews, mostly bad! But I would like to try it

I haven’t tried the anti pigmentation one, so I’m afraid that I can’t help. I use the face Ultrasun 50, and an SPF 30 on my arms, hands etc. Luckily I haven’t got any pigmentation marks anywhere, despite having freckles. I’m wondering if the reason that I’ve haven’t is because I’ve always used an SPF on my face. 🤔

I haven’t tried the anti pigmentation one, so I’m afraid that I can’t help. I use the face Ultrasun 50, and an SPF 30 on my arms, hands etc. Luckily I haven’t got any pigmentation marks anywhere, despite having freckles. I’m wondering if the reason that I’ve haven’t is because I’ve always used an SPF on my face. 🤔
I’m using the face Ultrasun now. It’s the mineral fluid and I really like it. Not like a 50 at all.
I bet that’s exactly what it is! I might just buy a bottle of the anti pigmentation cream and see how it goes…

I love Ultrasun. But I have recently bought a ton of the spf30 face anniversary edition, and have a large tube of the familt spf30, so have not bought. I have never found another spf I can wear right up around and on my eyelids without irritation. I have to be super careful with ingredients, as there is a family of chemicals which causes my skin to go red and swell up. I know Ultasun won't cause me problems and also won't make me look like Casper the friendly ghost!

I did listen to some of lecturer Abi's show with Debbie Flint. Did anyone else hear when she said QVCUK are the biggest retailer of Ultasun in the WORLD that's astounding. Ultrasun must love Ms Cleeve, that's for sure.
It's definitely the case that Q always seem to have the best prices, bar occasional stonking offers elsewhere (I always look). The big shocker would be if Q ditched them, ehich I suspect won't happen anytime soon.

Makes me wonder if QVC have encompassed Ultrasun as one of its own brands, or at least have a big stake in the stock share.

I decided to buy the TSV but I do have some reservations. Keen to try the spray, hope the glimmer is not too sticky, the tinted face is not too dark and the aftersun tan booster is not streaky.

There have been a couple of sunscreen-related segments on BBC Morning Live that were of interest and if I don’t get on with the TSV, it will be going back and I will explore the high street options. I have been put off in the past as Boots Soltan used to be really, really greasy!

17/06/2022
Morning Live Series 4 (27:07 to 31:46)

Dr Ranj has exclusive results of the Which? SPF 30 sunscreen trials.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0018bc8/morning-live-series-4-17062022

Which? Tested UVA protection, UVB protection , plus comfortability. While chemical sunscreens are gaining in popularity, the cheaper chemical sunscreens were found to provide the best protection:

Superdrug Solait SPF 30 Moisturising Sun Spray (200ml) £5.49
Asda Protect SPF 30 Cooling Clear Sun Mist (200ml) £3.60
Nivea Sun SPF 30 Protect & Moisture Spray (200ml) £5.00
Boots Soltan Kids SPF 50+ Protect & Moisturise (200ml) £10.00

Attachments

• 5D17B32D-568B-4325-9EE3-DCB2AD444251.jpeg
    5D17B32D-568B-4325-9EE3-DCB2AD444251.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 64
I did listen to some of lecturer Abi's show with Debbie Flint. Did anyone else hear when she said QVCUK are the biggest retailer of Ultasun in the WORLD that's astounding. Ultrasun must love Ms Cleeve, that's for sure.
It's definitely the case that Q always seem to have the best prices, bar occasional stonking offers elsewhere (I always look). The big shocker would be if Q ditched them, ehich I suspect won't happen anytime soon
It's definitely the case that Q always seem to have the best prices, bar occasional stonking offers elsewhere (I always look). The big shocker would be if Q ditched them, ehich I suspect won't happen anytime soon.
I’m not actually surprised. QVC do stock a really good range of products compared to other sites, even if you do have to pay p&p.
As others have said, once you know what products suit you, you just need to wait for a decent offer and grab them!

17/06/2022
Morning Live Series 4 (09:22 to 18:20)

Gethin Jones and Michelle Ackerley have an exclusive investigation into the extra water resistant claims of some of the major sun creams on the market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0018sl4/morning-live-series-4-27062022

Not much difference was found between the “water resistant” and “extra water resistant” products so it may not be worth spending more on the enhanced version.

Two of the cheapest brands ended up performing best on the water resistance test:

Boots Soltan Protect & Moisturise SPF 50+ (200 ml) £4.00
Boots Soltan Kids Once 8hr Protect & Play (200 ml) £10:00
Asda Protect SPF 30 (200 ml) £2.80
Asda Protect Kids SPF 30 (200 ml) £3.90

(The online reviews mention staining of clothes for the “extra resistant” products.)

Attachments

• ABCA7E69-15BB-4775-9EBB-A0F25EBA9370.jpeg
    ABCA7E69-15BB-4775-9EBB-A0F25EBA9370.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 5D32E2B1-C1E2-4E20-88B1-6217B7E09F19.jpeg
    5D32E2B1-C1E2-4E20-88B1-6217B7E09F19.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back