Ultrasun TSV 27/03/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can I please put a 'warning' out for Ultrasun (and not to use it). I have a friend who has 'bits of' skin cancer (nothing major and certainly not life-threatening), however 'sun care' is thus obviously a major issue and for her two 'freckly' children. After the hype and the 'protestations' from the 'Sun Police', she thought she would try it for a holiday here in the UK (North Yorkshire to be exact so hardly boiling). The week she went was nice ambient weather and she used family for her children and 40 for herself (and the separate face). All was well, however I am not sure that Ultrasun factors in for 'sea fret' and the glorious 'winds of the sea' (trust me it is exhilarating ) as this may have somehow 'lessened' the impact of the protection. Anyway, whilst there was no 'burning' per se, the children were a little 'redder' than perhaps they should have been and she had sensitivity in her skin (akin to prickly heat). This decided for her that maybe the 'hype' was just that!

Here you go SB, see at the top left the very last photo at the bottom. Actually Amazon price is better than Wilko at the moment, especially the auto delivery.

Last edited:
Ultrasun 5 Piece Complete Sun Protection Collection

Single

Auto-Delivery

QVC Price £69.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.98
P&P £2.95

This five-piece set from Ultrasun comes in two options to suit your SPF needs, and includes a duo of new Lip Protection SPF 50, plus, in the Tan option, Tan Activators for the face and body and Glimmer - all offering SPF 30 protection while helping you achieve a gorgeous glow, or, in the Family option, Family SPF 30, Face SPF 50+ and Extreme SPF 50+, ideal for days in the garden or family outings. Whether youre aiming for a gorgeous glow or getting the whole family set for the sun, this great summer protection pack will help you to enjoy the sun safely.

*A great saving: if you were to buy these items individually directly from Ultrasun you’d pay £115. So for our Today's Special Value price of just for just £39.98, plus P&P, you're saving £72.07.

For the glow-getters - enjoy peace of mind, knowing that your skin is protected whilst still achieving that coveted glow, by opting for the five-piece Tan selection. Body Tan Activator SPF 30 and Face Tan Activator SPF 30 will help to ensure you're protected from top-to-toe while helping you get a sun-kissed look, then for that bikini-ready skin, Glimmer provides a flattering shimmer instantly.

For the whole family - if you're looking for high UV protection for the whole family, no matter their skin type or age, opt for the Family selection. It includes a jumbo offering of Family SPF 30, perfect for those with sensitive skin, as well as Face SPF 50+ and Extreme SPF 50+ to help ensure you and your family are covered.

Long-lasting protection - just one application of an SPF from the Ultrasun range provides all day protection - although another application may be required in extreme circumstances - and offers gentle formulas that are suitable for all skin types. With a shelf life of two years after opening for most products, you can keep your skin protected whenever you need to.

Top it up - select our Auto Delivery option and receive your chosen selection twice more, one in 60 days and another in 120 days, at today's great price.

EcoSun awarded – known for their patented lamellar technology, broad spectrum sun protection formulas, Ultrasun has been the first suncare brand worldwide to be awarded the BASF EcoSun pass status. For more information on the BASF EcoSun pass, please visit www.carecreations.basf.com/ecosun-pass .

• Can be applied once a day (reapply in extreme circumstances)
  • All-day protection against UVA and UVB rays
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • SPF products are free from oils, emulsifiers and perfumes
  • Can be used for up to two years after opening

Both collections contain:

• 2 x NEW Lip Protection SPF 50 (4.8g) - an intensely moisturising lip balm with a high SPF formula new to QVC, infused with vitamin E, that helps to keep your lips feeling hydrated and protected from UV rays. Can be applied to ease dry lips throughout the day

Make your choice:
Tan option:

• 1 x Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (250ml) - this clever formula helps to protect your skin with a very high UVA, and contains a revolutionary natural tan enhancer, which has been shown to help accelerate the tanning process
  • 1 x Face Tan Activator SPF 30 (50ml) - offers both SPF 30 protection for the face, plus an added tanning accelerator so you can achieve that sun-kissed glow safely
  • 1 x Glimmer SPF 30 (150ml) - a water-resistant, fast-absorbing and long-lasting formula, designed to help protect your skin from harsh UV rays without feeling sticky or greasy. Works to leave a subtle shimmer on your skin with its gold sheen

Or:
Family option:

• 1 x Family SPF 30 (250ml) - a gentle, fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula designed to be water resistant, which provides protection for areas that easily catch the sun, and is a great choice for those with sensitive skin
  • 1 x Face SPF 50+ (50ml) - a lightweight, water-resistant and moisturising cream with a fast-absorbing and non-greasy texture ideal for ultra-sensitive skin, which provides high UV protection for the face, neck and décolleté. Contains antioxidants, ectoin and GSP-T
  • 1 x Extreme SPF 50+ (150ml) - a super-sensitive, water-resistant formula suitable for all skin types including babies, young children and those with sensitive skin. Enriched with antioxidants and vitamins E and B5

How to use:
For all products:

• Apply in the shade (ideally indoors) to clean, dry skin 15 - 30 minutes before sun exposure

Please refer to the sun account to make sure you use the right level SPF for your skin and do not exceed the amount of time you can spend in the sun

Sorry tba pain...can someone post the ingredients?
Ingredients
Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octocrylene,Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tricontanyl PVP, Glyceryl Stearate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Dimethicone, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Ceteth-20, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Decyl Glucoside, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Parfum, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA.

i use the Factor 20 & love it

ml for ml

Both collections contain:

• 2 x NEW Lip Protection SPF 50 (4.8g) - an intensely moisturising lip balm with a high SPF formula new to QVC, infused with vitamin E, that helps to keep your lips feeling hydrated and protected from UV rays. Can be applied to ease dry lips throughout the day Worth £10 each direct- £20 ,cost £3.73 each - £7.46
Make your choice:
Tan option:

• 1 x Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (250ml) - this clever formula helps to protect your skin with a very high UVA, and contains a revolutionary natural tan enhancer, which has been shown to help accelerate the tanning process Worth £39 direct cost £14.57
  • 1 x Face Tan Activator SPF 30 (50ml) - offers both SPF 30 protection for the face, plus an added tanning accelerator so you can achieve that sun-kissed glow safely Worth £28 direct cost £10.45
  • 1 x Glimmer SPF 30 (150ml) - a water-resistant, fast-absorbing and long-lasting formula, designed to help protect your skin from harsh UV rays without feeling sticky or greasy. Works to leave a subtle shimmer on your skin with its gold sheen Worth £28 direct cost £10.45
£115 direct

Or:
Family option:

• 1 x Family SPF 30 (250ml) - a gentle, fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula designed to be water resistant, which provides protection for areas that easily catch the sun, and is a great choice for those with sensitive skin Worth £41 direct cost £15.31
  • 1 x Face SPF 50+ (50ml) - a lightweight, water-resistant and moisturising cream with a fast-absorbing and non-greasy texture ideal for ultra-sensitive skin, which provides high UV protection for the face, neck and décolleté. Contains antioxidants, ectoin and GSP-T Worth £24 direct cost £8.96
  • 1 x Extreme SPF 50+ (150ml) - a super-sensitive, water-resistant formula suitable for all skin types including babies, young children and those with sensitive skin. Enriched with antioxidants and vitamins E and B5 Worth £30 direct cost £11.20
£115 direct

Cost £42.93 incl p&p used in calculations.

Not read up thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned previously.

Surely Scabbie will be on the 'we must be in the garden getting fresh air/excercise amid the isolation, so make sure YOU & YOUR family are protected'

or

Sun comes through glass. And bricks & down the chimney/phone/out of any square screen. And up the lavatory, so always do a standing up wee if possible.

I have used the Ultrasun Factor 50 face formula for several years but I still have new pigmentation marks.I am looking at other sources and reviews to replace this. I rarely if ever see Ultrasun listed in these articles/ reviews.

TSV is now 27/03/20

I wondered wtf!! with it being posted up as a pre view etc. Thought maybe no one was buying! Thanks, Super for clarifying that.

We all need your 'service' in these hard times...demisting the Q...Keep yourself & that Mum of yours safe....dunno how old she is (ie if at risk) xxx

I don't think people will be buying much as we are facing travel quarantine for a few months now
I know others have (and I have probably been 'guilty' of it myself), said possibly slightly negative things about Abbi, but I do actually feel a little sorry for her now. Whether you like or not her product, she is going to be losing a lot of money, because people will only be buying minimally. No, whilst I may think the products aren't necessarily 'my bag' (and I don't), this doesn't mean to say that I do feel for her at the moment!

I wondered wtf!! with it being posted up as a pre view etc. Thought maybe no one was buying! Thanks, Super for clarifying that.

We all need your 'service' in these hard times...demisting the Q...Keep yourself & that Mum of yours safe....dunno how old she is (ie if at risk) xxx

trust me for me its service as normal with my crazyness & postings & wild wording of things that i share

Latest posts

Back