Um.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The vegan years were the most annoying, she doesn’t mention it every two seconds now so I’m assuming it didn’t last, like learning Welsh, learning Scottish, designing for Clog-Eye........

When she first started her vegan trip, it wasn’t for ethical reasons no, it was because her beautiful soul was one, obviously didn’t bother him that she still used her leather bags and leather shoes so he too obviously wasn’t a committed vegan either...............a match made in Sainsbury’s. 😂

She mentioned being vegan the other day shopperholic :sleep:

Me too CC. No kids, widow, own house, few shares. Unless I go into care and have all my money spent on keeping me, then most of my 'estate' will go to animal charities, and a token few quid to my brothers and their offspring. I think my brothers are expecting to be in my Will, but when I asked my brother if I was in his, he kept quiet. Of course, their finances will go to their kids, but isn't life unfair when relatives expect a windfall just because the deceased relative had no kids ?

I’ve put on the lockdown lard too 😆
That with post menopause cravings ... walking more than I did but defo can pinch that pesky inch 🤨 the trouble is choc for me makes everything easier to handle .. especially the inch I can pinch ... but you know we are all human ..: it’s been a tough few months.. even myleene class said she had put on 2 stone so I don’t feel so bad lol

To be fair to CHuntley she does pile on the weight quickly, but she can shift it quickly as well. Probably indicates poor eating habits.

My money is going to charity too, except for some tokens to a few friends who either helped me a lot or my late mother.

Gosh I wish I only had one inch I could pinch. It was terrible round my tum before my accident and is even worse now. I think it has doubled!!!

I have a tractor tyre round my middle but am now trying to do something about it! Just eat as sensibly as possible Mazza but you do deserve the odd slip up with your present situation!

On the other matter, great to leave money to charity but please acknowledge those who have been significant in your life.It is not about money or possessions but about about recognition, it means a lot to those left behind.

On the other matter, great to leave money to charity but please acknowledge those who have been significant in your life.It is not about money or possessions but about about recognition, it means a lot to those left behind.
Dogs have been the most significant friends in my life. All too often people have not been kind to me, including my own family. I still intend Dogs Trust to benefit but there's still time for others to step in ;)

CC

When both of us have disappeared those who will benefit are our younger daughter & her family & my animal charities Sadly, because our older daughter & her husband have been spiteful to me & her sister for several years they won't get anything, however, there are legacies for their children. They have both said that they detest anything second hand so I've left instructions that they're not to take any items from our home. She's changed so much & I find it hard to believe she's our daughter.

I’ve put on the lockdown lard too 😆
That with post menopause cravings ... walking more than I did but defo can pinch that pesky inch 🤨 the trouble is choc for me makes everything easier to handle .. especially the inch I can pinch ... but you know we are all human ..: it’s been a tough few months.. even myleene class said she had put on 2 stone so I don’t feel so bad lol
I adore chocolate. Very very rarely found one that I don’t like. My best memory of eating chocolate is being in a promotional area at the Hampden Court Flower show where they had chaise longues that you could rest on and they bought us samples of Côte d’Or chocolate. The only thing missing was cups of tea as large quantities of chocolate need a drink.

I have a tractor tyre round my middle but am now trying to do something about it! Just eat as sensibly as possible Mazza but you do deserve the odd slip up with your present situation!

Yes thats true. But I'm now at an age where I have cogitated about the past, and the people I have met and befriended. Its said you only have less than 5 real friends throughout your life, and I thinks thats true. For me its just one bestie that has been constant since our teenagers years, with a couple of other good friends, and many acquantances. The rest I have been whoopsied on from a great height at one time or another, and I've cut them from my life. No argument or discussion, just gone. I look from the point of view 'life is too short to have these people in my life that cause me aggro and aren't enhancing my life, so whats the point'. Sadly 'significant' is not always in a good way.

Yes thats true. But I'm now at an age where I have cogitated about the past, and the people I have met and befriended. Its said you only have less than 5 real friends throughout your life, and I thinks thats true. For me its just one bestie that has been constant since our teenagers years, with a couple of other good friends, and many acquantances. The rest I have been whoopsied on from a great height at one time or another, and I've cut them from my life. No argument or discussion, just gone. I look from the point of view 'life is too short to have these people in my life that cause me aggro and aren't enhancing my life, so whats the point'. Sadly 'significant' is not always in a good way.
Good for you. I did that last year when I told my Mr T his response was "At last, I'll never have to hear about her womb again".

As friends tend to be of a similar age it’s a strong probability that they will either be gone or in care when the time comes!

My "nearest and dearest" will not get a bean. As you sow, so shall you reap...
I have lovely charities which mean a lot to me, and some token amounts to the next generation when I head off into another dimension.

I knew an elderly lady who was not very well off but extremely careful with her money. She worked in a factory until she was 70 and to save a few pence she walked to and from work (a fair walk), brought work home every night but was poorly paid.

She saved every spare penny and when she passed, the little she accumulated she shared it out between great grandchildren who just spent it in one go on trivial things and then got fed up in a short time. The money was worth much more when she was saving it and would have made a hard life a little easier rather than leaving it to ungrateful teenagers.

I've already started to give some inheritance away to my son and daughter and grandchildren, all within the HMRC rules (you are allowed a certain amount each year) They may as well use it now, rather than wait a (hopefully) lot more years for it.

BTW I've also had my headstone made to my design so it would be to my liking, I went to see it recently when it was finished, very pleased with it.

Latest posts

Back