Unbelievable !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Feeling grumpy this morning. Just sat down for a few mins of Q with coffee and this frock appears. Hardly any fabric, skimped skirt that pulls across the very slim model’s bottom. The first thing that hit me between the eyes was total lack of pattern matching at the waist 😱😱
The second slap in the face was the price £61.75 inc p&p.

something of similar “quality” would be £14.99 on Chelmsford market.

A very blatant p💦ss take🤬
A5460D1E-9E0E-4146-8FD0-4BC521732896.jpeg
3240FCB7-0F97-498D-8E69-7EC316B36774.jpeg
2AB1E9D3-D4DB-4072-8FB7-C3A95640DB60.jpeg

The pattern matching or lack of it gets me every time. Since I've been watching sewing bee, I've seen so many of the participants being chided for pattern matching issues, and most of them are nowhere near as glaring obvious as this. Funnily enough one of Dannii Minogues creations I saw the other day had most appalling pattern matching on the back of the garment I was shocked it was even passed for sale let alone being put out there for a similarly ridiculous price as this one. I agree this is completely market stall! and here's a pic of Dannii's dreadful offering

My dear mum always said patterns should match, especially on seams and collars. It’s something I always look out for and it’s incredible how often expensive garments look like shoddy shortcuts have been taken.
To quote many of the QVC presenters, 'absolutely' !!

Even if the pattern matched perfectly it would still be one of the most hideous dresses I've seen in a long time. Dark green is a difficult shade for many, it was my school uniform colour & I'm not a fan, & defo not for summer. As for the 'tan' it looks like 'fake dog poo' :poop: Kim, what's going on?

Companies aren't bothered though are they. They bang out thousands of frocks on a huge cutting machine in the good old cheap poly / elastene, which not only QVC loves, but everywhere that sells fashion from supermarkets to catalogues, and its all about profit.

As for the price. Recently I've noticed that EVERYTHING is more expensive, not only clothes, but at the wholesalers where I buy my florists materials costs have gone up, and apparently there is a huge shortage of construction materials (stocks of concrete have been bought up by the building of HS2), and timber, particularly garden fencing is hard to come by. - sorry I've diversified but I do keep an eye on the business news.

Even if the pattern matched perfectly it would still be one of the most hideous dresses I've seen in a long time. Dark green is a difficult shade for many, it was my school uniform colour & I'm not a fan, & defo not for summer. As for the 'tan' it looks like 'fake dog poo' :poop: Kim, what's going on?
Just checked it out and on the tan, the flower matching looks even worse and yes, it looks like the model has been rolling around in a flowerbed that's just been manured - disgusting!!!

Companies aren't bothered though are they. They bang out thousands of frocks on a huge cutting machine in the good old cheap poly / elastene, which not only QVC loves, but everywhere that sells fashion from supermarkets to catalogues, and its all about profit.

As for the price. Recently I've noticed that EVERYTHING is more expensive, not only clothes, but at the wholesalers where I buy my florists materials costs have gone up, and apparently there is a huge shortage of construction materials (stocks of concrete have been bought up by the building of HS2), and timber, particularly garden fencing is hard to come by. - sorry I've diversified but I do keep an eye on the business news.
Newspapers have gone up this week as well

As previously mentioned on here I attend a lot of fetes/fairs where I have a stall. So after many years of paying £5, £10, tops at £15 for a space, we're now being charged £20, £25, even £30 just for a few hours (i.e. 10-4) on the day.

Plus its now the cost of hand sanitizers, public liability insurance (which we've never had to get before), and investing in a card payment machine - as cash is less used, and you start to wonder if its all worth the enjoyment you get from creating your own products ! My friend and I are just enthusiastic crafters, certainly not businesses in any shape or form, but a lot of the organisers treat us as such.

As previously mentioned on here I attend a lot of fetes/fairs where I have a stall. So after many years of paying £5, £10, tops at £15 for a space, we're now being charged £20, £25, even £30 just for a few hours (i.e. 10-4) on the day.

Plus its now the cost of hand sanitizers, public liability insurance (which we've never had to get before), and investing in a card payment machine - as cash is less used, and you start to wonder if its all worth the enjoyment you get from creating your own products ! My friend and I are just enthusiastic crafters, certainly not businesses in any shape or form, but a lot of the organisers treat us as such.
Good grief. I love your new avatar ❤️

Obvious lack of pattern matching has been a bugbear of mine for decades. I used to sew many of my own clothes and would take care to match. It's a joy to see it being done on Sewing Bee.

As for prices going up, anyone else noticed prices rising in the supermarket as well as clothes shops since Brexit? I've also noticed 'shrinkflation' on several products, too.

I misunderstood this. I thought you were saying the model’s tan (not the dress) looked like dog’s poo!!!!

I was around a size 28/30 for years so it was neally impossible to get nightwear. QVC was a good stop gap. The quality was not great looking back nearly everything "bobbled" and "pilled". Or the fit was off. Watching the Cuddl Duds show :( so glad I don't need to buy anymore QVC clothes.

MML and Twi, thanks for that - very kind of you. Its part of this year's new "collection" 🤭 of headbands and fascinators that I make.

Boffy, if you are still curvilicious then I've bought several (non poly/elastene) bits from here, - cheap and cheerful but cool to wear.

Obvious lack of pattern matching has been a bugbear of mine for decades. I used to sew many of my own clothes and would take care to match. It's a joy to see it being done on Sewing Bee.

As for prices going up, anyone else noticed prices rising in the supermarket as well as clothes shops since Brexit? I've also noticed 'shrinkflation' on several products, too.
Completely agree with you about the pattern matching, but that's the least of the problems with that dress.

Where does she get such hideous fabric from? It looks like someone let a nursery full of toddlers have fun with some poster paints and a halved potato.

Latest posts

Back