Vacuum cleaners - concealing information? Would they!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Found out the other day that all vacuum cleaners now have to, by law, display their performance in an actual graded chart, you know like freezers etc do.
This was very interesting as I am currently really on the verge of buying a new vacuum! A quick scoot through the old argoose catalogue gives some shocks to the claims, as the facts and ratings are there for you to see, and often quite different from the schpeel.

There are 3 ratings, suction rating on carpets, suction rating on hard floors, how well it retains dust (ie filtration) and also a noise rating in db and the energy it uses.

Just watched the tail end of the Bissell lift off vacuum show, which really got my goat as there was debris clearly not being picked up on a couple of close up shots, which both people ignored and blathered on about how no debris got left.......
So I tootled on over to Bissell's site, and not only are they selling the vacuum for £149.99 a price I think they leave out of their comparisons, but the ratings told a different tale.

88.9 db, lol which is louder than the Karcher quiet,
B on a scale of A-G for suction on hard floors, but wait for the last 2:
D on a scale of A-G for suction on carpet, and finally.....
G for the filtration, the worst you can get :( 'F' on this scale means the vacuum re-emits 21% of the dust you just picked up, I can't get a percentage for G, it's that bad!!!

Needless to say, Ideal World are not showing these statistics on screen, they do show in words the ratings on the website, but have the carpet as C when Bissell themselves show it as D.

To anyone thinking (like me) of a new vacuum, these new ratings are magic as you may think a cheaper product will be worse, but now you can actually compare apples with apples, huzzah!

Well I knew nothing of this and the law came in last September. Very interesting. Just checked my lovely Vax and it's A across the board.

Typical of Ideal (not) World trying to sweep things under the carpet :smirk:

Yup. Ideal World peddling crap using the same tactics Bid TV use to.

Latest posts

Back