Vanish Gold Fabric Stain Remover Powder Pink 2.4kg

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can never get greasy food stains out of Mr CC's clothes even with Vanish. I find the best thing is to scoosh the stain with cheapo washing up liquid before washing. Haven't tried the gold Vanish though to be fair. I find most stains really hard to shift but maybe it's my old washing machine that's not up to the job.

CC

I can never get greasy food stains out of Mr CC's clothes even with Vanish. I find the best thing is to scoosh the stain with cheapo washing up liquid before washing. Haven't tried the gold Vanish though to be fair. I find most stains really hard to shift but maybe it's my old washing machine that's not up to the job.

CC

Snap we try a sponge with Fairy first then pop in the washer as soon as.

This is cheaper elsewhere online and smaller sizes readily available in supermarkets etc.....no need to buy it from Q.

Never had much joy with any vanish product.

My method is to use Ace liquid for spot or smallish areas. First I rub normal washing liquid like Bold etc on stain then a cap full of Ace on top of the Bold and then pop in machine and wash as usual. Works 90% of the time even green marker pen on a pink top last week.

A few years ago a group of girls tried to mug me in Boots. They tried to distract me by dropping some coins on the floor thinking I would bend over to pick them up. As if! That didn’t work but the I felt something cold and wet on my back. They picked on the wrong person because my reaction was not to be distracted but to become super defensive, put my back to the counter, held onto my bag and told them to pick up their coins. Once they disappeared I realised that my top was covered in foundation. They had obviously taken one of the he samples and emptied it on me. After washing my top a couple of times the foundation just wouldn’t wash off. I googled the problem and like many of you discovered the magic of fairy washing up liquid. I apply some undiluted to stains, rub it in, put into the washing machine on a regular wash. Sorted.

Really hard stains will come off with the Dylon dab-on stain removers. I got splattered with oil at a steam engine fair. It was my favourite pale pink top! Took me several goes and the stuff stinks, but I eventually got my lovely top back to looking like new.

I use good old fashioned washing soda crystals. Cheap as chips from places such as Home Bargains and can be used for a multitude of things. Add a tablespoon of crystals to your washing powder or directly into the drum or add to a bowl of warm water for soaking.
They can also be used on a hot wash, add a cup full to the drum and run a full cycle empty to clean your machine and remove limescale.
Pour crystals down drains and sinks, leave for a while then add a kettle of boiled water to clean drains and remove blockages.
Dilute crystals in a bucket of water for general cleaning or mopping.
Add some crystals to tea stained cups and fill with hot water, leave for a while and brown stains wipe off.
Sprinkle crystals on moss covered drives or paths, dampen them slightly, leave until the moss turns brown then brush off and rinse away residue.
Lots and lots of uses for the crystals, they`ve been around over 100 years and they`re a natural product and not full of chemicals.
https://experthometips.com/soda-crystals

Loved reading these posts and if anyone has a cure for a melted yellow post it note in a trouser back pocket, the resulting stain refuses to go, or the yellow stain left on WHITE shirts by a curry (who the hell wears a white shirt when eating curry? Oh yes, Mr CC), then I thank you in advance.

CC

Is model Emma brand ambassador? :mysmilie_17:

Huh?.......

A few years ago a group of girls tried to mug me in Boots. They tried to distract me by dropping some coins on the floor thinking I would bend over to pick them up. As if! That didn’t work but the I felt something cold and wet on my back. They picked on the wrong person because my reaction was not to be distracted but to become super defensive, put my back to the counter, held onto my bag and told them to pick up their coins. Once they disappeared I realised that my top was covered in foundation. They had obviously taken one of the he samples and emptied it on me. After washing my top a couple of times the foundation just wouldn’t wash off. I googled the problem and like many of you discovered the magic of fairy washing up liquid. I apply some undiluted to stains, rub it in, put into the washing machine on a regular wash. Sorted.

Vile people. Clever you. Where in the country was this? I hope the police were called.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved reading these posts and if anyone has a cure for a melted yellow post it note in a trouser back pocket, the resulting stain refuses to go, or the yellow stain left on WHITE shirts by a curry (who the hell wears a white shirt when eating curry? Oh yes, Mr CC), then I thank you in advance.

CC

If the post it note is a sticky glue stain, try acetone pure (99p at chemist) or nail polish remover (not on bright cols)

Curry is harder. If it's been washed & ironed a lot , the stain will be 'set in'. Soaking in vanish with added soda crystals, or the ace bleach up thread. Just soak the offending part, may need overnight work, then rub with toothbrush before hot wash with stain treatments added (60deg)

What brand of powder are you using?

Huh?.......

Vile people. Clever you. Where in the country was this? I hope the police were called.

It was on a pleasant Hertforshire high Street. The Boots staff dealt with it. The girls were a group of Romanians who had been causing trouble in Boots for a few days. How it had been allowed to carry on for a few days I don’t know.

It was on a pleasant Hertforshire high Street. The Boots staff dealt with it. The girls were a group of Romanians who had been causing trouble in Boots for a few days. How it had been allowed to carry on for a few days I don’t know.

I hear that groups of Romanians can be quite naughty. Not all of them of course.

Definitely not all of them! That’s just what the Boots staff told me. What they did to me was very naughty though. I really liked that top and I had just withdrawn £200 from the bank before crossing the road to Boots! I think they may have been watching me.

It beggars belief that QVC are selling products freely available in any local supermarket. Some "Harrods of selly telly"!!!

The most interesting thing about this thread are the stain acquisition and removal tales of fellow forumites. Vanish is the least interesting part of the thread. I'm a Dylon stain remover fan, but I've also got some Blue Magic from Ideal World, which has had some good reviews. I was given some by a family member who has been very impressed with its stain removal capabilities.

Latest posts

Back