Veronese remark by Gineta

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
You wouldn't think that I don't watch much qvc by the number of posts I make but I really watch very little. I do dip in quite often just to see what's on and it's amazing (amaaaazing!!) how often I hear or see something I want to comment on.

I tuned in to the end of a veronese show earlier today just in time to see a presentation of a tiger's eye magnetic bracelet with gold caps on each bead (item 686773). Gineta said that if the gold was solid 18ct then the bracelet would be over £1000 because the weight of the tiger's eye would count as total gold weight of the bracelet. There's a video of her saying this and I just can't believe it. I don't think any jeweller would get away with this kind of logic and surely no customer in their right mind would buy it. Tiger's eye on its own is cheap as fried potatoes and no way would I blow £1000 on the small amount of gold involved in a piece like this.

Gineta is very nice but she's been caught talking total boll*cks two or three times in the last few weeks so i'd take everything she says with a large pinch of salt. especially the "reechly clad" "verree thicklee coa-tedd" bits cos its just gold plated jewellery after all.

having said that i bought my mum one of her chains last year, she never takes it off and it still looks as nice as when it was new.

I never cease to marvel at the fact that her English is better than Jill Franks's. I have a couple of pieces and I really like them.

I don't disagree Burlz. Gineta does seem very nice, but one of the nice things about her is that she is reassuringly solid and sensible. The range looks to be excellent value but if I were looking to buy, my confidence would be shaken by that sort of wrong information. There's no point in it. Veronese is what it is and does it well.

I'm quite amazed sometimes how much worth presenters/guests put on gemstones......then you see the same gemstones yonks later on a silver show in a silver setting and the cost is pennies (not literally!!) - that just shows to me how cheap the gemstone is.......as silver certainly isn't expensive?

I like Gineta she reminds of Debbie Allen from Fame for some reason,Debbie in the 80's,not now.

Gineta does come up with some howlers, but I think her English is brilliant, she has a vocabulary far more extensive than a lot of natives.

Also, she reckons she's going a bit loopy coz she is going to turn 40 in a fortnight.

Puh-leeeeeeez Gineta.

Also, I hadn't realized she has a daughter,she spoke of her tonight in terms of giving her Veronese jewelry etc, and some of the pieces she talked about made me think her daughter must be in her 20's, but then the maths on that is a bit dodgy, unless Gineta pushed her out very young...who knows??

Anyway, I bought this one time only tonight, I don't usually wear gold metals but something about them appealed, so am dipping my toe in the Veronese pool for the second time, I bought some necklaces once, they were very well made, but they weren't me,so I sent them back. I think I'm more suited to the earrings.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...cid.cswb/walk.html.|ukhtml|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...cid.cswb/walk.html.|ukhtml|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html[/QUOTE]

I love those earrings, I was going to get them in the Rose Gold, tried talking my BF into 'treating' me but he was having none of it so by the time I decided to go for it they sold out! :sad: I think I might go on the waitlist for them. If you can let me know if you like them and if the quality is good that would be v. much appreciated as this would be my first Veronese purchase.

I happily overlooked Ginetta's remark like that as I think she's a great guest - best QVC have. She always seems fun and a good laugh. Think her daughter is about 14/15 as I seem to remember a photo being shown of Ginetta's wedding last year (or whenever it was) and mention was made of it then.

Silver incidentally is nowhere near as cheap as it used to be. I go to a special jewellery making class where we only pay for the silver we use not the tuition and 2 years ago it was 40p a gram, now it's 68p a gram and it has been higher. It's gone up like the gold price and other metals.

I happily overlooked Ginetta's remark like that as I think she's a great guest - best QVC have. She always seems fun and a good laugh. Think her daughter is about 14/15 as I seem to remember a photo being shown of Ginetta's wedding last year (or whenever it was) and mention was made of it then.

Silver incidentally is nowhere near as cheap as it used to be. I go to a special jewellery making class where we only pay for the silver we use not the tuition and 2 years ago it was 40p a gram, now it's 68p a gram and it has been higher. It's gone up like the gold price and other metals.

yep, silver is getting expensive! I too did a jewellery glass not long ago and was shocked by the price, makes you realise how cheap QVC do sell silver items for sometimes, thats why I'm always tempted by the silver items on QVC, esp chunkier pieces as the value for money is usually very good!

Last edited:

I love those earrings, I was going to get them in the Rose Gold, tried talking my BF into 'treating' me but he was having none of it so by the time I decided to go for it they sold out! :sad: I think I might go on the waitlist for them. If you can let me know if you like them and if the quality is good that would be v. much appreciated as this would be my first Veronese purchase.[/QUOTE]
*******************************************************************************************************
Yes, I definitely will let you know. They were dispatched today, so I will be able to let you know very soon. If they are any good, I may be able to get you the rose gold still at the OTO price, as I have a pair on cheque hold, so if you trust my judgement on the yellow gold ones, I could pay for the rose, have them sent to your address and you can pay me via paypal or something like that, anyway...let's see what they look like first :)

Ok, her daughter's age makes more sense to me now, not that the other scenario was impossible, just unlikely I thought, thanks for the clarification.

I love those earrings, I was going to get them in the Rose Gold, tried talking my BF into 'treating' me but he was having none of it so by the time I decided to go for it they sold out! :sad: I think I might go on the waitlist for them. If you can let me know if you like them and if the quality is good that would be v. much appreciated as this would be my first Veronese purchase.[/QUOTE]

*******************************************************************************************************
They arrived today. I really like them. They look really heavy, but are really lightweight-but at the same time substantial feeling,no dragging down the lobes or anything. A really well made earring, well balanced, good presence, the whole shebang.

Can recommend.:up:

Latest posts

Back