Very happy with Glenn Lehrer ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just received my Glenn Lehrer honey citrine, cognac diamond and white diamond pendant. It's quite spectacular - can't wait to see it in the sunshine.

Oh - and I got two authenticity cards signed by Glenn Lehrer - bonus!

View attachment 7634View attachment 7635

I've been reading these posts ... and Meeshoo's thread about her Lehrer purchases with interest. I really did think that the issue of chipped stone, "wonky bottoms" and some wishy washy pieces on air had put me off trying the range.
But...you knew that was coming didn't you? :blush: I saw the show at the weekend and was quite taken by some of the things I saw. Decided to go for this pendant :TBPS08 LEHRER TORUSRING GREEN AMETHYST ,WHITE & BLUE DIAMOND 9K GOLD PENDANT ATGW 6.55CTS because I am quite fond of green amethyst and thought the blue diamond centre was that bit different. Was extremely doubtful, after placing order and looking at photos on web that the green stone would be too pale and yucky... but it has just arrived (DPD working late in these parts, for sure!) and I am very pleased... just like Emza!

The fancy cut shows to good advantagel on the green amethyst, catching the light nicely and the blue diamond centre stone shows up well. The accent white diamonds along the top of the bale are bright and sparkly and thought the gold weight is pretty tiny, the overall feel of the thing is good. I'm glad I went for it. Thanks Emza!

Forgotten how to post pix.... even if I could find the bloomin' camera! If you enter the code number on the Gems website ... look at the video rather than the pix... it's better... though not as pretty as in real life.

I'd post a link but I cannot get any searches to work on the Gems website tonight. Nothing happens no matter what I search for. Tsk!

I'm so glad you liked your pendant, Mathilda - it sounds fantastic, and I'd love to see photos! I bet the combination of green amethyst and blue diamond is fabulous.

Having read Meshoo's posts and seen the pictures, I wondered if I'd missed the 'wonky bottom' problem, but I'm pleased to say that my bottom is not wonky :D There are a couple of not-so-good things about the pendant - in particular, I think the white diamonds are not well matched, and one of them is slightly chipped (but then again, they're tiny so you don't see that) - but overall, I adore it. It really does do wonderful things with the light. The setting is, as you say, light on the gold, but it's so well designed for the stone that it really doesn't matter. I wonder if the problem with Meshoo's ring, the way it sat so high, was because the setting wasn't specially designed for the torusring cut - it looked to me like it was designed to accommodate a stone with a full-size culet.

I have taken a few more pictures but I still can't seem to get the one I want, which is where the light looks like it's going round in a disco spiral ... if you know what I mean. I also really like the large table to the stone which makes the most of the clarity and lets the facets cut into the reverse cone really do their thing.

Glenn Lehrer 3 - side view.JPGGlenn Lehrer 4.JPG

I'll be paying for it for at least two months, of course, but sure, who needs to eat?

Emma x

Latest posts

Back