Visage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My eye bundle turned up today, I love the eyeliners, but I do so wish the lids would stay on them, does anyone else have this problem? Both lids fall off on the liner side - they fit fine on the smudge end

Bought my first bundle yesterday. The big mirror, spf cream, glow drops and tangerine lipstick. Very good price at £29.99 which was what the mirror originally sold for. The bundle prices seem very good. Again intrigued why they are doing this. I can only think they have huge stocks.
I think they are just trying to get cash into the business. The mark up on these things is probably huge, so they’re still making a profit with the bundles. I watched Katie’s show today and was almost tempted by the Mirror bundle, but I have the Mirror, the SPF and the lipstick, so it’s not such a saving. I bought the Tangerine lipstick when it launched, and remember Katie saying it was a Limited Edition, and she wouldn’t bring it back, but today she said she can’t keep it in stock, so how can it have been limited? I bought the two nude lippies too, one of them was so dark, very different to the colour onscreen and the other smelt awful so they both got binned.

I think they are just trying to get cash into the business. The mark up on these things is probably huge, so they’re still making a profit with the bundles. I watched Katie’s show today and was almost tempted by the Mirror bundle, but I have the Mirror, the SPF and the lipstick, so it’s not such a saving. I bought the Tangerine lipstick when it launched, and remember Katie saying it was a Limited Edition, and she wouldn’t bring it back, but today she said she can’t keep it in stock, so how can it have been limited? I bought the two nude lippies too, one of them was so dark, very different to the colour onscreen and the other smelt awful so they both got binned.
Yes I have the tangerine lipstick. It’s wearable. She def said it was limited edition at the time. I guess back by popular demand! I have lipsticks all over the place. I’ll pop that one in the office desk. Spf cream will be good to have so fairly happy with that bundle.

My eye bundle turned up today, I love the eyeliners, but I do so wish the lids would stay on them, does anyone else have this problem? Both lids fall off on the liner side - they fit fine on the smudge end
Missed the eye bundle. Hoping it will be repeated. Yes, same here.

I’m intrigued to know how much she earns. She always looks fabulous and has incredibly expensive tastes. Good luck to her just being nosey!

Yes I have the tangerine lipstick. It’s wearable. She def said it was limited edition at the time. I guess back by popular demand! I have lipsticks all over the place. I’ll pop that one in the office desk. Spf cream will be good to have so fairly happy with that bundle.
I opened my desk drawer in work the other day and I had eleven lipsticks in there, I am such a makeup junkie. 💄

I also get the impression Visage has a stronger presence than Destello.
So much cheaper to make, and less room to store. I might be wrong but I thought I heard Katie say you can now buy through TikTok?

I also get the impression Visage has a stronger presence than Destello.
The thing with Visage is that Kati Elliott believes in her products and its also her area of expertise. She uses her own make up herself, and I'm almost certain that she's mentioned that before she got into the Jewellery industry, she was a make up artist for celebrities. I could be wrong - but I'm fairly sure that I've read that either online or in the free booklet that Gemporia used to give away with orders every three months. Her prices are also reasonable.

Hattie, however, wouldn't be seen dead in most of the stuff she sells. A lot of it looks tacky. A lot of it is WAY overpriced.

She did a fleecy jacket thing one day last week. Nothing fancy about it at all. No patterns, no fancy design, it didn't even have much of a 'shape' to it - and it sold for £60. It looked no different to something that Primark or Tesco would sell for about £12-£15.

I’m intrigued to know how much she earns. She always looks fabulous and has incredibly expensive tastes. Good luck to her just being nosey!

The ITV documentary that was on a few years ago mentioned that presenters can earn around £50,000 a year. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but I can't imagine ITV would have been allowed to say that if it wasn't correct.

That was when they were just employees of Gemporia too.

Now, its an employee owned business - so I presume they get a share of the profits or some sort of renumeration for that. Plus some of the presenters also have their own jewellery 'collections' or other internal projects like Visage and Destello. Then some of them do freelance work or own their own businesses outside of Gemporia too - such as Angeline who does voiceover work, Kati Elliott is/was a hand model, Ruth works for an event hosting company (which is owned by Drew and Lucy, who alsos used to work at Gemporia), Poppy Hadkinson has just recorded a commercial for Currys, etc.

The thing with Visage is that Kati Elliott believes in her products and its also her area of expertise. She uses her own make up herself, and I'm almost certain that she's mentioned that before she got into the Jewellery industry, she was a make up artist for celebrities. I could be wrong - but I'm fairly sure that I've read that either online or in the free booklet that Gemporia used to give away with orders every three months. Her prices are also reasonable.

Hattie, however, wouldn't be seen dead in most of the stuff she sells. A lot of it looks tacky. A lot of it is WAY overpriced.

She did a fleecy jacket thing one day last week. Nothing fancy about it at all. No patterns, no fancy design, it didn't even have much of a 'shape' to it - and it sold for £60. It looked no different to something that Primark or Tesco would sell for about £12-£15.

The ITV documentary that was on a few years ago mentioned that presenters can earn around £50,000 a year. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but I can't imagine ITV would have been allowed to say that if it wasn't correct.

Now, its an employee owned business - so I presume they get a share of the profits or some sort of renumeration for that. Plus some of the presenters also have their own jewellery 'collections' or other internal projects like Visage and Destello. Then some of them do freelance work or own their own businesses outside of Gemporia too - such as Angeline who does voiceover work, Kati Elliott is/was a hand model, Ruth works for an event hosting company (which is owned by Drew and Lucy, who alsos used to work at Gemporia), Poppy Hadkinson has just recorded a commercial for Currys, etc.
Primark fleeced look better quality! This was an interesting post

Interesting. I know she says she was a dancer. Not heard about her being a make up artist. Have to say she is watchable and I do like how she showcases her range live. I agree you can tell she believes in her range. She is relatable. Funnily enough I was having a play with her make up range today. It’s good quality. My husband looked at me and said you look lovely he looked a little confused at what I had done …..😄

Interesting. I know she says she was a dancer. Not heard about her being a make up artist. Have to say she is watchable and I do like how she showcases her range live. I agree you can tell she believes in her range. She is relatable. Funnily enough I was having a play with her make up range today. It’s good quality. My husband looked at me and said you look lovely he looked a little confused at what I had done …..😄
Yes, I heard her say she was a hand model and a Nail Technician and toured with the rich and shameless.

I really like Visage, I even went mad and ordered the facial glow stuff the other day. I have always been very anti fake tan, but all the good reviews made me join in (like a lamb to the slaughter lol)

I really liked my eye bundle too, really good value. I'm not mad about the facial glow spray though. I used it twice and woke up a bit jaundiced looking, but fake tan has never been my thing.

Latest posts

Back