VONDA GUYS !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I find Skechers Vonda irritating enough, but this business of you Guys, you Guys, you Guys, every other sentence drives me nuts ! its an affectation that a lot of presenters/guests use (as do presenters of other tv progs, especially Dani on a Place in the Sun)

I am not a sodding GUY ! are men called Dames ?? of course not (well, most aren't anyway)

I want to scream when I hear this and want to poke their eyes out when it is said to my face especially in restaurants (no tip there GUYS)

Vonda with the “you guys!” is really annoying in fact, just her whole demeanour gets on my chesticles, even Chloe Everton says it too a lot. There’s a muscle/film/group called “Guys and Dolls” or in Vonda and Chloes case “Guys and Guys”

there is a cartoon character sorry brain blank and they say you guys, you guys!

Oh, hold on. Was it The Goonies?
Yes, it was Sloth. That was the most asked for last day of term film in all the years I worked in a school; I don't miss the claustrophobic last assembly or the tearful staff goodbyes but I loved all of us sitting on desks, eating rubbish & watching The Goonies.

I find Skechers Vonda irritating enough, but this business of you Guys, you Guys, you Guys, every other sentence drives me nuts ! its an affectation that a lot of presenters/guests use (as do presenters of other tv progs, especially Dani on a Place in the Sun)

I am not a sodding GUY ! are men called Dames ?? of course not (well, most aren't anyway)
It's all part of dumbing down & because so many like using Americanisms, which is fine if you're American.

I watch a lot of ‘Place in the Sun’ & the likes at the moment, anything to get a glimpse of a world out there! These presenters are especially awful for using ‘you guys’ all the time.One is especially bad a tall blonde with Scottish accent ,I have to mute!

Yep, thats Dani SF, she uses it constantly. It got on my nerves so much that I wasn't enjoying the programme and waited for the next 'you guys' - and counted 14 in one minute. So last year I wrote a memo to Channel 4 about it, and I even found her agents website and vented my spleen on that as well. Pathetic of me I know, but these programme makers have to take the criticism as well as praise.

I watch it too. The other younger blond one really does the hard sell she would be perfect for QVC. Are you going to put in a bid? Her face falls when the people looking decide to have a think about it. These apartments are very popular you need to move quickly.

I actually know someone who sold their apartment in Spain via the show. They were supposed to phone and let her know when they were showing the one with her apartment but it kept getting putting the air date back for months. I missed it too when they did show it. Jasmine was the one who showed her apartment.

They could use folks if they want a non gender-specific, single syllable collective noun! Would be americanised, but less objectionable, I feel.

When I was in holiday in Nerja Spain an English lady married, working and living there said that the “hillside“ villas were in the middle of nowhere and the “village” was totally abandoned by locals as no facilities or transport. We actually saw one featured. She also said to look out for the buyers and presenters in summer clothes and the locals in coats .

I read that the viewings take place over a number of days, and the participants and presenter have to wear the same clothes for continuation. They clearly take place out of season, as there is never a soul around the swimming pools.

Donna255 I think you are referring to Laura Hamilton, the shouty one who always pushes for an offer. I find Jasmine Harmon the most preferable presenter, she's not pushy, never ever says 'guys' and is more conversationally relatable.

I read that the viewings take place over a number of days, and the participants and presenter have to wear the same clothes for continuation. They clearly take place out of season, as there is never a soul around the swimming pools.

Donna255 I think you are referring to Laura Hamilton, the shouty one who always pushes for an offer. I find Jasmine Harmon the most preferable presenter, she's not pushy, never ever says 'guys' and is more conversationally relatable.
Brissles did you see Jasmines wedding photos? She was really lovely.

Well done Brissles for being pro active and bringing Ms You Guys to their attention!
True they are looking at deserted pools which as I know in Spain are too cold to use during the winter.Then in the summer it will be bedlam! I always took lighter bit more winter clothes when I used to go to Spain at Christmas especially in Malaga, where you would see the Brits in Tee shirts, shorts & flip flops, I had coat, gloves & scarf.

Just caught Ms You Guys this afternoon and the Brissles effect must have hit home!
Just caught 1 ‘You Guys’ instead of every other sentence!

My boss used to call us “guys” when addressing a few of us together. The funny thing was, although neither he nor the others (they were his ‘groupies’) seemed to realise it, was that his name was Guy ! 😂😂😂

My boss used to call us “guys” when addressing a few of us together. The funny thing was, although neither he nor the others (they were his ‘groupies’) seemed to realise it, was that his name was Guy ! 😂😂😂
Do you remember 'Drop The Dead Donkey' from the 90s with Robert Duncan as Gus, the man who loved his jargon?

Latest posts

Back