Voucher Misselling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
In this presentation Jackie Kabler clearly misleads the customer she says, “this immediately qualifies for you for the £150 limit on our voucher promotion you will get a £15 voucher back on this, so you can think of it as £135 not £150 essentially, which is really good.”

No mention the amount you need to then respend in the next few weeks to be actually able to use the said voucher, in order to get £15 pounds off that new spending.

That’s hardly the fountain costing you just £135.00 today!

If it were to now be buying a £150 item and that would qualify you for a 10% off voucher, meaning the fountain is costing you today £135.00.

https://www.qvcuk.com/Illuminated-IndoorOutdoor-Peacock-Fountain.product.518190.html?sc=SRCH
Please see item video with Jackie, Jill & Michael from 02.15

They don't make it clear on the presentations that if you take easy pays the purchase doesn't count towards the voucher and they also don't make it clear that there is a graded spend on the redemption of the voucher. If you have a £35 voucher you need to spend another £100 (excluding postage) to redeem it. I heard on a shoe show where a pair of shoes was around £35 the presenter saying the voucher would cover the cost of the shoes. Not true if that's all you were buying.

CC

In this presentation Jackie Kabler clearly misleads the customer she says, “this immediately qualifies for you for the £150 limit on our voucher promotion you will get a £15 voucher back on this, so you can think of it as £135 not £150 essentially, which is really good.”

No mention the amount you need to then respend in the next few weeks to be actually able to use the said voucher, in order to get £15 pounds off that new spending.

That’s hardly the fountain costing you just £135.00 today!

If it were to now be buying a £150 item and that would qualify you for a 10% off voucher, meaning the fountain is costing you today £135.00.

https://www.qvcuk.com/Illuminated-IndoorOutdoor-Peacock-Fountain.product.518190.html?sc=SRCH
Please see item video with Jackie, Jill & Michael from 02.15

Yes, and of course she wouldn't have mentioned the fact that you can't really get anything decent from QVC for £15 therefore you'd have to spend a further significant sum, only to get a nominal reduction.

I sometimes feel for the staff, being made to plug it all of the time.

They know it's ****, we know it's ****, & they know, that we know that they know it's ****. Must be embarrassing for them.

Claire Sutton just this minute said that even if you take easy pays it is the full amount that counts towards the voucher. That's not what it says in the terms and conditions.

CC

Wouldn't it be refreshing change if the presenters sang from the same hymn sheet as QVC does. They seem to make things up as they go along and that, in my opinion, wreaks of incompetence.

Claire Sutton just this minute said that even if you take easy pays it is the full amount that counts towards the voucher. That's not what it says in the terms and conditions.

CC

Who'd trust anything that faux ditsy lady says anyway?

I sometimes feel for the staff, being made to plug it all of the time.

They know it's ****, we know it's ****, & they know, that we know that they know it's ****. Must be embarrassing for them.

Yes I see your point, SB. I imagine it is tedious for them. They're doing that trick of announcing the advert that's coming up next, so the presenter tells us an advert if coming up - which is to tell us what's coming up.

I really wish QVC would return to some of their old values. The slick production just smacks of desperation - although it makes it fabulously entertaining when things go wrong. I had to giggle the other night when Glenn Campbell said: "And we're very lucky to have our stylist with us today," to which Jill Franks replied: "Why, are we not normally, then?" GC recoiled in brief, awkward silence before trying to qualify his statement, a transient flicker of panic chasing across his face!

Last edited by a moderator:
The terms and conditions have changed, I just looked. You can now use items on advanced orders, auto delivery and easy pay. Better go and see if I qualify to receive a voucher,however, the lovely doggy keyring which had to be prised from my hands is now on its way back to QVC. It really was overpriced but I loved it :sad:

CC

Talking about vouchers, I had a Sainsburys gift card for £7. It looks like a credit card, and there is no value shown on it, or any date.

It is about a 2 hour round trip by bus to get to my nearest Sainsburys, so I have been saving it for something I wanted.

Yesterday I went there to buy the new Buddy Holly CD, which by coincidence cost £7.

But when I got to the checkout, I was told the gift card had expired. They gave me a number to ring, which I did later.

They were absolutely inflexible, "there was nothing that could be done".

So Sainsburys have had £7 to buy this gift card, and now they won't let me use it.

Disgusting IMO.

Talking about vouchers, I had a Sainsburys gift card for £7. It looks like a credit card, and there is no value shown on it, or any date.

It is about a 2 hour round trip by bus to get to my nearest Sainsburys, so I have been saving it for something I wanted.

Yesterday I went there to buy the new Buddy Holly CD, which by coincidence cost £7.

But when I got to the checkout, I was told the gift card had expired. They gave me a number to ring, which I did later.

They were absolutely inflexible, "there was nothing that could be done".

So Sainsburys have had £7 to buy this gift card, and now they won't let me use it.

Disgusting IMO.

I'd write and complain Strato. I am always sending off letters and emails moaning about things.

Honestly, for the sake of £7 could they not just have let you have it for good customer relations. Companies are such jobsworths when they make millions. They can be nice if they want to though. I once took some cans of cider to the checkout at Morrisons and there was no price as they had been put on the shelf too early. There was no argument, no moaning, no umming and ahhing, the manager just gave them to me free! Was going to go back for more but that would have been toooooo greedy :mysmilie_17:

CC

Latest posts

Back