Wait List

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Hello 'lovely people',

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the above option and how it exactly works. Do Q e-mail before they take the money out that the item is back in stock and do you want the purchase to go-ahead, or do they 'skip that bit' and go-ahead anyway? I have a feeling it is the second 'choice', it is just that there is a tablet that is (surprisingly) cheaper than anywhere else, however given that it is a Samsung it is a tad on the 'pricier' side and I don't usually have that amount of money in my Current Account, I would thus like so me advise.

Many thanks in advance.

I remember from others they take the money when it comes into stock, you get an email saying it is on its way. But, items have been known to come into stock, and they don't send. People found out it was in stock and had to contact QVC to tell them

It is many years since I ever had anything on advanced order, jewellery takes a long time to come back. I got two letters months apart asking me if I still wanted the ring? Yes, I did and got it after 4 or 5 months.

Hello 'lovely people',

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the above option and how it exactly works. Do Q e-mail before they take the money out that the item is back in stock and do you want the purchase to go-ahead, or do they 'skip that bit' and go-ahead anyway? I have a feeling it is the second 'choice', it is just that there is a tablet that is (surprisingly) cheaper than anywhere else, however given that it is a Samsung it is a tad on the 'pricier' side and I don't usually have that amount of money in my Current Account, I would thus like so me advise.

Many thanks in advance.
No they won't email you first

Clothes from waitlist are almost always returns that have been worn and not always washed.

I had some lights once on waitlist and they'd obviously been returned because they didn't work, not been checked and sent out to me. I don't order anything on WL now.

CC

I have become very cautious with Q.
Advanced Order - usually sent out earlier than advertised on air, running a coach and horses through any careful plans to pay at your next payday. It could be a sold order wasn't completed, or a fast return, or a broken or faulty item.
Wait list - you have to do all the legwork, highly likely to be a slow return (worn/used).
Stock item - could still be a return which is worn/used/broken/faulty.
Clearance - the home of the BRAVEST shoppers.
As is - could be described as open box. These seem to be, surprisingly, a good experience...but it could be sheer luck.

Personally, I have a preference for brand new items that Q hasn't stocked previously.. it's the only way to be reasonably sure it isn't a return.

In my early years with Q I waited in vain for wait list stuff. Even when I checked and found the item in stock Q had maintained absolute radio silence!

There have even been issues with TSV auto-deliveries being held up or missed, so that Q could sell a new item number at a higher price. Pretty sure it was Yankee or nail polish.

Q in the past have turned messing customers around into an art form. Ironically in these covid-hit days, deliveries are quicker than they have ever been. Be nice if the situation with waitlist and wishlist was managed better...but with their antiquated ways, we will have given up before they get to it!

I have become very cautious with Q.
Advanced Order - usually sent out earlier than advertised on air, running a coach and horses through any careful plans to pay at your next payday. It could be a sold order wasn't completed, or a fast return, or a broken or faulty item.
Wait list - you have to do all the legwork, highly likely to be a slow return (worn/used).
Stock item - could still be a return which is worn/used/broken/faulty.
Clearance - the home of the BRAVEST shoppers.
As is - could be described as open box. These seem to be, surprisingly, a good experience...but it could be sheer luck.

Personally, I have a preference for brand new items that Q hasn't stocked previously.. it's the only way to be reasonably sure it isn't a return.

In my early years with Q I waited in vain for wait list stuff. Even when I checked and found the item in stock Q had maintained absolute radio silence!

There have even been issues with TSV auto-deliveries being held up or missed, so that Q could sell a new item number at a higher price. Pretty sure it was Yankee or nail polish.

Q in the past have turned messing customers around into an art form. Ironically in these covid-hit days, deliveries are quicker than they have ever been. Be nice if the situation with waitlist and wishlist was managed better...but with their antiquated ways, we will have given up before they get to it!
Brilliant.

in the past I did some waitlists. Generally they never came into stock. On the one occasion it did, they were selling it on screen but my order hadn’t been filled. I was furious and vowed never again. Of course since being on here I am now wise to the Returns potential so wouldn’t touch it with the good old barge pole!

In my naivety in the early days I went on wait list all the time but rarely got an order, returns or not, fulfilled.

Now i would go on waitlist for jewellery (rings) as often returns are just because the size was wrong but I would have to really want it to bother.

Everything else I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole.

I'm waiting for 2 things on the waitlist and will promptly return if they have been used. The ****** cheek of Q doing that!

When I first joined QVC, I went for an item that was on waitlist. It never arrived so I ordered it later from elsewhere and it ended up being cheaper than my original order.

It wouldn't be so bad if people just tried clothes on then returned if unsuitable. It's the fact that they can wear them for 2 months, send them back and then they can be sent out to someone else. They don't check them all before re-sending as I've had clothes smelling of food/perfume/smoke. Even more galling is QVC still charge full price and P&P :mad:

CC

It wouldn't be so bad if people just tried clothes on then returned if unsuitable. It's the fact that they can wear them for 2 months, send them back and then they can be sent out to someone else. They don't check them all before re-sending as I've had clothes smelling of food/perfume/smoke. Even more galling is QVC still charge full price and P&P :mad:

CC
Well said!

Latest posts

Back