Waitlist price change?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alibeth

Birdy
I have had a Tacori ring on waitlist for a while now @ £29. I have just checked it online to see if it might have come back in stock and it is now listed @ £31 though still out of stock in my size. When/if it comes back do you think they will honour the original price or hike it up? Ok so it's only a couple of quid but that helps towards p&p. My account is still showing it on waitlist @ £29 but I would not put it past them to change it. Anyone had a similar situation?

Last edited:
Yes it happened to me.

But I got a letter at the end of the expiry time saying the time was up & my order had been cancelled, even though by then it was showing as back in stock on the website.

Not had this problem, but have another waitlist issue. I have a bag on there, and on checking last night if it was back in stock, it was!! I promptly rang CS as still showing as 'awaiting stock' on my account, only to be told, no, still on waitlist. Checked online whilst on the phone and was indeed showing as unavailable. Perplexed, I was determined to prove it was actually showing as in stock, so checked later on. Again, it was in stock and allowed me to order it on cheque hold - without the usual 'are you sure you want to order this waitlist item' page. I am about to call them again to find out what the frig is going on! :confused:

Not had this problem, but have another waitlist issue. I have a bag on there, and on checking last night if it was back in stock, it was!! I promptly rang CS as still showing as 'awaiting stock' on my account, only to be told, no, still on waitlist. Checked online whilst on the phone and was indeed showing as unavailable. Perplexed, I was determined to prove it was actually showing as in stock, so checked later on. Again, it was in stock and allowed me to order it on cheque hold - without the usual 'are you sure you want to order this waitlist item' page. I am about to call them again to find out what the frig is going on! :confused:

That's so annoying Capirossi. I am loathe to put anything on waitlist as I've either never received the item or like you, kept checking and found it in stock myself. Hope you like the bag.

I just called them. Let me just say...:headbang::headbang::headbang:

GRRRRR!!! Firstly she kept saying it's on waitlist. So I had to repeatedly explain that I have one on cheque hold from last night and one in my basket as we speak. I asked why, if they were available, that they weren't going to the people on waitlist first, rather than being shown as in stock. She then explained that that's the way it is. :clapping: thanks for that in-depth explanation there :cheeky:

I then asked if I could cancel my waitlist order and use the 3 easy pay code on this new order. She tried, and said that I had already used the code. Yes, I explained, I ordered the bag and two other items on it. Oh, well you can't use easy pay on a waitlist item she says. Where is this mentioned I asked?!! Turns out, the ONE order I made using my code had been split into two orders, the code being used on the two received items and nothing on the bag.

I really was losing it at this point, and I never do as I have worked in CS all my life and there is nothing worse than someone losing it with you (unless it's your fault of course!!). So in the end, I cancelled all the orders for the bag. Returned to my computer and still showing as in stock. I have put it on cheque hold again, and am about to write to the CO's office to complain that a) where does it say you can't use easy pay on a waitlist item? If it's in the T&C's then it should highlight it at the point of ordering b) why are people able to buy the item when you are supposedly on a waitlist for it and c) please over-ride your archaic systems and allow me to have my bag on easy pay!!! Well, it's worth a go isn't it?! I have been dithering over 3 other products, whether to keep or not - they are going back, am not a happy bunny :tongue:

Capirossi, I would be interested in the CEO's reply. Last Christmas (cue for a song) I was enticed to use the 3EP code in the Christmas card and went for Lawn Magic amongst other things. Two in fact. On waitlist but when it was despatched some time later - no easy pay in sight. We get paid early in December so by the time January comes along there's not a lot left in the coffers. Having to stump up £50 quid in one go did not go down too well. Keep us posted!

Will do Rebus. Have received a read receipt anyway, so fingers crossed for a response. It's annoying isn't it? As soon as (if) I get my hands on my LG bag I may well have to seriously reconsider my future with them. This has really annoyed me now and I am prepared to cut off my nose to spite my face as bad customer service is my number one bugbear!! What you said about having to stump up the full amount, same here, they would have had hell of a shock if they had tried to take £270 off my bank card without my prior knowledge, hehe!

Hope you get the original price Alibeth :wink:

***UPDATE***

Just had a phonecall from an extremely lovely guy called Chris from the Chief Exec's office. Couldn't be more apologetic if he tried! I told him that I never complain, but I was really annoyed at this situation, especially when I spend so much with them etc. He said I was right to bring it to their attention - this implied that they are not 100% aware of what goes on in real life me thinks...:thinking:

Anyway, cut a long story short, he has put the bag on the 3 easy pay for me - so I am happy! I know I love the bag as went and perved at it in John Lewis and House of Fraser on Wednesday!! :heart:

He explained about the waitlist/in stock issue. He said it was a bit of a glitch to be honest, and something they are looking into. Apparently, waitlist orders are only fulfilled when "bran" (!!) new stock arrives and is scanned in at the warehouse. The 'in-stock' situation arises when someone has maybe had the item on cheque hold and cancels (or sends back, battered and bruised the cynic in me is thinking :dull:). So there we have it. One happy bunny - let's just hope the bag is in pristine condition after all that fuss! :tongue:

Glad you are sorted, Capirossi. :smile: It seems whenever the CEO's office get involved things get resolved speedily and to mostly everyone's satisfaction. But what's the betting that the next time someone has to ring CS they try the foboff routine on us. It would be better if the Senior Managment took all these issues that they apparently agree are issues, with the 'new' solution, and cascade down to the front line staff. Not just resolve as a 'one-off' on an ad-hoc basis. They seem to have a lot of glitches here and there - what about a Master Plan to invest time and money to bring themselves into the 21st century. If this was HMG they would no doubt have Focus Group to debate problems and then do precisely nothing. Oh yes, that is what has happened.:confused:

I agree. Yes it's great that individual issues get resolved by the CEO but they need to be doing more to sort out the everyday problems that don't get brought to their attention. Personally, I think that if an item suddenly becomes available again it should go to the first person on the waitlist - common sense?! Very frustrating.

Chris is the guy that rang me over my email complaint and almost said the same things- don't hestitate to contact if it happens again etc.. Reading so many terrible stories on here recently, it makes me wonder if QVC have become a victim of their own success. SO many problems, so suddenly for far too many FM.

Latest posts

Back