Waitlist

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Now I know that no one in their right mind goes on waitlist but…..

I saw a pair of sandals in various colours which I thought would do to wear with summer dresses and had numerous 5* reviews and I had a fiver off to pay for post. However the 2 colours I really fancied were on waitlist so I bought a different colour and put one on waitlist knowing it had no chance of actually arriving.

However my size and colour is now in stock at full price £62 yet my order at £49 is still showing at “on waitlist“. Del Boy and her mates don’t explain that when they are doing the hard sell.

The sandals were very comfortable and I would really like a second pair but is it a case of cutting off my nose to spite my face not to pay the extra £12?

How irritating. What’s the definition of waitlist? Is it just for returns? I always thought it was a back in stock feature. Could you talk to customer services and persuade them to honour the cheaper price? The extra £12 would stick in my throat on principle but as you say, don’t miss out if you really want the shoes.

Unfortunately I had to phone CS 2 weeks ago and was on hold for over 25 minutes so don’t fancy doing that again as I might not be in the best frame of mind to ask for a favour.

I had a failed order for an Elemis tsv once, it never left the warehouse but said it was shipped…anyway, phoned customer service and they placed another order, the TsV had sold out but they could order it for me at the TsV price but it was on waitlist,,,when it came back in stock, I waited and waited for the email saying it would be sent, nothing… phoned customer service who didn’t apologise or anything just said ’that’s your order now going through is there anything else I can do to help’ and that was it…

I’d definitely phone customer service they can get your waitlist order sorted for you!

Unfortunately I had to phone CS 2 weeks ago and was on hold for over 25 minutes so don’t fancy doing that again as I might not be in the best frame of mind to ask for a favour.
I thought when it came to waitlist items then the price should be honoured. If this is not the case then surely they should post a warning to customers that the price may be higher if they come back into stock. I think you should give C/S another try and just put hold on speakerphone and get on with stuff you've got to do whilst you wait. You may even be lucky and not have to wait too long. I'm not sure I'd pay the extra.

There seems to be no automatic link between the waitlist and the intake of new stock. Incredible, I know, you would think the system would just generate the orders but there you go. I’ve read about this happening so often I don’t use waitlist. And yet they can do it for advanced orders which is surely a similar thing???

There seems to be no automatic link between the waitlist and the intake of new stock. Incredible, I know, you would think the system would just generate the orders but there you go. I’ve read about this happening so often I don’t use waitlist. And yet they can do it for advanced orders which is surely a similar thing???
advanced order is garanteed stock waitlist is basically they cant garantee if it will come back in or not

Can you send an email if you don't want to ring again, and explain the situation. They do eventually reply, and I have had help that way in the past. They should honour the waitlist price I think. Otherwise, what is the blooming point of it.

This is QVC's antiquated system.🤣🤣🤣

If I've ever had anything on waitlist it has been a very obvious worn return. I don't bother with it now.

CC

I normally wouldn’t have but thought that someone may have just tried them on to discover they were wrong size/too wide or not wide enough and just sent directly back.

In the past I had three things on advanced order and I ended up cancelling two of them. The advanced order option gave me time to decide whether or not I wanted them ….. I didn’t.

I ordered something on waitlist when I first started shopping with QVC. The 90 days ran out and it didn’t turn up so I haven’t bothered getting anything on waitlist since. I’m willing to bet that much of what’s on waitlist would be a return anyway, with the odd exception.

I’d ring CS and ask why your waitlist order hasn’t been processed as the is now more stock available … not mentioning and change in pric , you’ve order at one pric and that’s the price you’ll pay

I used to read this quite a lot on QVC Facebook. People on wait list then asking why as it showed in stock their order not being sent? The answer was always to phone CS.

Many years ago, more than 10 I ordered a ring which my size was on wait list. Three months later I got a letter asking if I still wanted the ring, if so phone and confirm. I did yes I wanted the ring, it was white gold with tanzanite. Another few months passed, and the ring arrived, really loved the ring. Then a few months after that, a stone fell out. I could not get a replacement as they no longer stocked it. So got a full refund. This was back when QVC actually seemed to be on the ball.

I used to read this quite a lot on QVC Facebook. People on wait list then asking why as it showed in stock their order not being sent? The answer was always to phone CS.

Many years ago, more than 10 I ordered a ring which my size was on wait list. Three months later I got a letter asking if I still wanted the ring, if so phone and confirm. I did yes I wanted the ring, it was white gold with tanzanite. Another few months passed, and the ring arrived, really loved the ring. Then a few months after that, a stone fell out. I could not get a replacement as they no longer stocked it. So got a full refund. This was back when QVC actually seemed to be on the ball.

Those were the days!

I have had orders on waitlist in the past, and they haven't been sent out even though stock has come in in the meantime. When I rang cs they were able to get the items sent out. I am not sure exactly what they need to do, but I did get the items at the price which was on my email confirmation when ordered.
I dont think the waitlist option is automated, so even though the stock levels are back up, nothing happens. Definitely worth a call to give them a nudge.

Latest posts

Back