We Have All Complaint About This Before

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I was watching Morning Style with Kathy ( I watch most fashion hours on QVC and Ideal world TV it is "window shopping" for me :blush: )

She was doing the show with Lesley Ebbetts and Kathy was flustered as usual, she even forgot her tweet (I think )id and was flustered even more.
We can forgive that because we all forget something or the other. (a few times I have forgotten my phone number:mysmilie_17: )

But what I can not forgive her is her ignorant treatment of Lesley today, she turned away from Lesley in the midst of what Lesley was saying and spent some time to read her iPad!!! I thought that was so rude:mysmilie_455:

Poor Lesley then very professionally's spoke to the monitor instead of Kathy's back and continued talking about the garment .

Many of us have posted here of how much we do not like presenters spending far too much time on their iPad , when they should be describing the product they are flogging at that hour.

If they do want to see what customers have written about the garments or how many stars the product has got, they should have done their homework before coming on to do the presentation ( like we do for our presentations with work.We do our homework before going on to give a talk or presentation, we do not do it in the middle of our presentation, do we? )

All tweets about products presented at that hour can be channeled to the floor manager or producer and they can feed it to the presenter via their ear piece and then the presenter can answer the customer's query.

It does not waste the very highly paid presenter's time and so will be cost cutting too (and it does not give an excuse for some presenters , like Sarah Griffiths checking on personal emails and tweets !)

Another thing that irritates me is when the presenters tell the viewers to ring Liverpool and they will be able to help us with the measurements......that is not true, the call center people are extremely nice and polite, but they only know the measurements on the web page which was no help in the first place:headbang:

Why can't the presenters do what they are paid for, and when in doubt, take the measuring tape or ruler ,( like they used to do,when QVC was good)and measure the item!!:mysmilie_455:

Kathy has sadly morphed from one of the nicest presenters to one of the rudest... so I wasn't surprised at what you saw.

Use of ipads on live tv is a blight. No other reputable, professional, organisation allows their presenters to blatently focus on the thing when they have a job at hand to do. They use other staff to summarise the messages from twitter etc into a discrete box on screen. Surely QVC could do this and get the staff to focus on the guest, the products, and providing the necessary information in a timely and concise manner? Once upon a time they were capable of doing this quite well. Little by little this has been eroded away.

Kathy joins the wall of shame: Sara Griffiths, Debbie Flint, Julia Robberts and now Kathy Tayler are the chief offenders.

I also thought how rude Kathy was to Lesley, she seem to be getting worse with her dithering as well as being glued to her ipad.

I didn't see it because I don't rate Kathy as a presenter with that pained, confused expression on her face, I always find myself willing her to finish her words and get her sentence out. I've always found her rude which was backed up when someone, I think it was here a few years ago, said how she'd replied aggressively and rude to a simple comment about QVC clothes, so no to be honest I'm really not surprised that more people are seeing how rude she is.

Funny I have read this a number of times on the QVC Facebook page about her rudeness to guests. I remember how people seemed to love her and her friendly style, never a fan myself she made me feel uncomfortable watching her. Confused.com was her style. Now its loads of how rude she is on the page.

I just don't think she has particularly great people skills. I'm amazed how she manages to continue on QVC as she never seems to have much of an idea about what's going on around her, she's certainly not a natural broadcaster.

She hasn't let Carla Laszlo get a word in on the NL hour today.

Totally agree, it was like a squawking contest.Carla is quite knowledgeable about the things she presents ,but my goodness Kathy was like a dog with a bone.She had to have the last word. I don't know what has happened to her.Maybe shes been told to stop waffling.If that's the case its morphed into something worse !

I had it on In the background and the racket irritated me even though I was doing other things.

Last edited:
Kathy has sadly morphed from one of the nicest presenters to one of the rudest... so I wasn't surprised at what you saw.

Use of ipads on live tv is a blight. No other reputable, professional, organisation allows their presenters to blatently focus on the thing when they have a job at hand to do. They use other staff to summarise the messages from twitter etc into a discrete box on screen. Surely QVC could do this and get the staff to focus on the guest, the products, and providing the necessary information in a timely and concise manner? Once upon a time they were capable of doing this quite well. Little by little this has been eroded away.

Kathy joins the wall of shame: Sara Griffiths, Debbie Flint, Julia Robberts and now Kathy Tayler are the chief offenders.

Great point there.
QVC ought to ban them using the iPads during presentations, because not only are they rude to the guests, they are also rude to us, the viewers/customers .

When they spend time checking on colours and sizes ( or in some cases using the excuse to do private messaging) and using the time to do their shopping, they are wasting our time too, because we watch the program to see the products and know the details about them, not to watch the presenters showing more interest to their iPads or to watch them doing their shopping.

Also, like I mentioned in my thread, they ought to know the details by the time they come on air.

Some of them, like Charlie, Catherine and Kathy show great delight in showing us proof that they have ordered products ( during the program)
Of course it is a ploy to brainwash viewers into thinking that if the presenters are ordering , then the product must be good.
It only irritates me, because they should do their shopping in their time not ours!
They have the privilege of seeing the products before the program.

I think she's changed quite a bit. I used to think she was one of the calmer, more restrained presenters, but when I've watched her over the past 6 months or so, she has been regularly interrupting guests. She also has a rather stroppy tone of voice that she adopts on occasions, as though you should already know what she is telling you. She's another one who could use a hairbrush, too - preferably before she goes on-air.

I just don't think she has particularly great people skills. I'm amazed how she manages to continue on QVC as she never seems to have much of an idea about what's going on around her, she's certainly not a natural broadcaster.

I also thought how rude Kathy was to Lesley, she seem to be getting worse with her dithering as well as being glued to her ipad.

Kathy uses the iPad a lot on air but it was her rudeness to Lesley (who seems a nice person) in such an obvious manner that prompted me to post.
I did try to get the video of the program, but I couldn't .

I hope Kathy and the Q will pay some attention to our feelings regarding the use of iPads on air as constructive criticism and do something about it.

I am shocked she ever got a job as a presenter! She was always dithering and looked like a deer in headlights tripping over her words. It was painful to watch and now she had gone the total opposite.

Funny I have read this a number of times on the QVC Facebook page about her rudeness to guests. I remember how people seemed to love her and her friendly style, never a fan myself she made me feel uncomfortable watching her. Confused.com was her style. Now its loads of how rude she is on the page.

Sometimes she looks so stressed and her stammering is worse then, it will be a vicious circle as the stammering will make her stressed more:sad:

I wonder if she has seen a speech therapist regarding her stammering:wonder:

Most probably she does not realise how bad her stammering is. Her daughter is a doctor, maybe she can gently tell her to try the speech therapist .

Maybe if her stammering is controlled, she will be less stressed and maybe, just maybe, that will be the end of her rudeness :nod:

She may not even realise that she is rude :mysmilie_506:

I cannot remember seeing her when she was a TV presenter, so I don't know if she had this stammer then and if it was this bad.

She has so many good things on her side, she is pretty, has a nice smile, has got sports medals, a good family, (with the daughter of whom she is so proud of,) a very well paid job, and good health, so maybe she ought to relax a bit more and be nice to people

I think she's changed quite a bit. I used to think she was one of the calmer, more restrained presenters, but when I've watched her over the past 6 months or so, she has been regularly interrupting guests. She also has a rather stroppy tone of voice that she adopts on occasions, as though you should already know what she is telling you. She's another one who could use a hairbrush, too - preferably before she goes on-air.

Sounds like she's got a bit too big for her Emus/Uggs or whatever boots she wears.The condition seems contagious in her workplace.:mysmilie_476:

I didn't see it because I don't rate Kathy as a presenter with that pained, confused expression on her face, I always find myself willing her to finish her words and get her sentence out. I've always found her rude which was backed up when someone, I think it was here a few years ago, said how she'd replied aggressively and rude to a simple comment about QVC clothes, so no to be honest I'm really not surprised that more people are seeing how rude she is.

I have seen her being abrupt with people and talk over them, and I have seen her not concentrating on what guests are saying, and looking vacant but thought she was slightly better than some people on Q who think they are great celebrities (DF) , great divas (Sara G ) great fashion icons (JF).

I too find myself wanting to finish her sentences when she goes on her, " emm...mmm...ermm" I felt like that with Debbie Greenwood also.

Latest posts

Back