Well Done Julia !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I have just been watching the Radley hour, and Julia was smashing with the guest. She did not talk over her and really put her at ease.
It was so different from the last time I saw the Radley presentation with this guest ( I think she is called Tara )
That time the presenter was Sara G, and she was overpowering, talking over the guest and was so condescending.
Sara also says some silly things during her presentation, trying to impress , but failing badly.
At one time Sara was comparing the colour of a bag as " soft pink colour, like Plaster of Paris" :giggle:

It was such a calm and enjoyable hour today. It was so professional and yet friendly.
Next it was Simon Biagi, so I switched over :whew:

Ah but did she have the twatter machine (AKA iPad) attached like a growth? If only she would stop that I could watch her again as she is by far the best of the woman.

I don't mind SB too much but then I don't see him very often.

Julia IMO is by far the most professional presenter but agree if only she would put the B***** ipad in the bin.I saw a snippit of the Radley hour this a.m & here we go again with the colour names.Why oh why can't QVC get this right--describing a purse that was obviously BLUE 'we are calling this grey' with the guest having to stress it really is more BLUE.I can't see why they make things so complicated, it always happens with Lola Rose--do people ever get the right colour?

There was a jewellery show in the other day (a range not on very often) and none of the blasted colours were right, the sizes, the stock, everything you could imagine being wrong was.
It was with Dale who even as a seasoned presenter was in a total mess. The guest was the girl who does the frozen watches and normally I find her (Olivia?) a bit of a dipstick but I must say she and Dale were real troopers. If it was me I think I would have walked off the studio floor and slapped those responsible

They are a very professional outfit aren`t they? I wonder when jobs are offered is it a case of not what you know but who you know?

Ah but did she have the twatter machine (AKA iPad) attached like a growth? If only she would stop that I could watch her again as she is by far the best of the woman.

I don't mind SB too much but then I don't see him very often.

I can't remember her using it, in Radley hour, but I have seen her " twattering" during Butler & Wilson hours and other presentations .

I have also heard her apologising to viewers for nor reading their tweets and will do so in the break ( which should be the only way to do it )

I wonder if they have all been told to use Twitter as means of " bonding " with viewers :wonder: Or are they competing with DF, and following her example of tweeting during presentations.

Everyone ( at least the male presenters are not guilty of it, or am I wrong?) is at it, aren't they?

I often find Sarah not paying any attention to what is going on around her or listen to the guests at times , because she is so busy reading tweets.

Although JR says she will check in the break within seconds she is at it, even admits she is addicted to it. The straw which broke the camels back for me was the day she said that she knew a lot of people didn't like her twatting during the shows but she smirked that was going to do it anyway (so stick it up your **** as I am Queen B here).

If they used twatter to answer PERTINENT questions ONLY and not to show us 300 Kipling bags, Bears, Eek rings, or to swarm all over the presenters I would be delighted because it would have a purpose not a tool for sycophants to feed the ego of sales people.

AND stop using it to order personal items on air under the pretence of showing how easy the app is

The colour confusion thing is at its worst in the Kipling shows. Not only do they change the names Kipling has given the colours so you continually have the "If you want the blue, order the green" situation, but they give the same colour different names on different bags. This week the same print was called "turquoise jungle" on one bag and "turquoise floral" on another. There was one colour not long ago that had three different names on three different bags!

I have just been watching the Radley hour, and Julia was smashing with the guest. She did not talk over her and really put her at ease.
It was so different from the last time I saw the Radley presentation with this guest ( I think she is called Tara )
That time the presenter was Sara G, and she was overpowering, talking over the guest and was so condescending.
Sara also says some silly things during her presentation, trying to impress , but failing badly.
At one time Sara was comparing the colour of a bag as " soft pink colour, like Plaster of Paris" :giggle:

It was such a calm and enjoyable hour today. It was so professional and yet friendly.
Next it was Simon Biagi, so I switched over :whew:

I suppose because she has been 'in the business' as it were for many years, then she knows how to interact with guests, this was a 'first time appearance' for the guest, so yes Julie did do a good job and quickly filled any gaps (but didn't talk over) and yes she really seemed to make her at ease, for what must be a daunting thing to go through. There was also a new Decleor guest (along with Fiona Bracken) and Alison Young was the presenter and she wasn't rude at all to the 'newbie' (of course it was 'business as usual with Fiona), wonder how long it will be before AY gives the same treatment to the new guest (sorry forgotten her name).

I suppose because she has been 'in the business' as it were for many years, then she knows how to interact with guests, this was a 'first time appearance' for the guest, so yes Julie did do a good job and quickly filled any gaps (but didn't talk over) and yes she really seemed to make her at ease, for what must be a daunting thing to go through. There was also a new Decleor guest (along with Fiona Bracken) and Alison Young was the presenter and she wasn't rude at all to the 'newbie' (of course it was 'business as usual with Fiona), wonder how long it will be before AY gives the same treatment to the new guest (sorry forgotten her name).

The new Radley guest was on a 2 or 3 weeks ago too, yesterday was not her first show. The new Decleor guest was on with Julia and Fiona yesterday, not AY.

If QVC's computer system cannot cope with the manufacturers' own descriptions of their product it's time for a major upgrade!

It is so unprofessional when you see everyone: guest, presenter (and off-screen the gallery) all floundering around about which is what colour. Surely they could have done all of this when "preparing" for the show? That way they could also avoid bringing out models in clothes in colours that are sold out (often months before the show in question).

Generally speaking I think most of the presenters are good with new guests, and help them along through any nervousness and hesitation. I will however never forget the first show Richard the Skechers guest did with Debbie Flint. He was understandably nervous, but being a proper Skechers person he spoke "shoe-speak" and referred to part of the shoe as a unit repeatedly. Debbie told him off for it live on air, which I thought was dreadful bad manners on her part... it really showed me the unmasked Debbie rather than the matey Debbie. It's a wonder he recovered from that baptism of fire, but now he's an excellent guest. I love it when a guest really knows their stuff and is passionate about the brand. It shows up the quality of the rentagobs.

In terms of Julia doing a good job - I should hope so after all the years and years she's been there (and never lets you forget). In fact I would say it's an indictment of the general drop in quality of this previously model professional that it is now remarkable when she does a good job.

MayML you have it in one - preparation, preparation, preparation. This no longer exists and would reduce the awfulness of the computerised system if they knew what the problems could be in advance. But oh no let's spend preparation time twatting about our new book etc.

The other thing I don't understand is each and everyone of the presenters has gone through this repeatedly but yet they never seem to remember. Do they all have the memory of a goldfish?

There was a jewellery show in the other day (a range not on very often) and none of the blasted colours were right, the sizes, the stock, everything you could imagine being wrong was.
It was with Dale who even as a seasoned presenter was in a total mess. The guest was the girl who does the frozen watches and normally I find her (Olivia?) a bit of a dipstick but I must say she and Dale were real troopers. If it was me I think I would have walked off the studio floor and slapped those responsible

I think I saw a bit of that hour - Azuni jewellery? The bit I saw was a fiasco. Both the presenters and the brand ambassadors need to properly prepare to minimise any confusion over colour options. Especially where colour mix ups are repeatedly made, eg Kipling and lola Rose. Even if the confusion is generated by qvc naming of the colours you'd think the brand ambassador - company owner in some cases - would want to get it right otherwise it looks like they don't know the product range they're representing.

Colour 'confusions' could be handy if you wanted to discombobulate the viewer and sell the less popular colours... and colours as named by qvc can differ from what they are called by the brand anyway, which accounts for the 'brand ambassador' being confused... so it's 'confusion' all round for a vital few seconds and, hey, you might shift some more of the less popular colours! :mysmilie_59:

Although that can work against the brand.....pi&s off the customers by giving incorrect info. about colours, and when they get it home it's not the colour they wanted, can come back and bite them on the bum. If they'd done that to me (assuming I bought from Q, which I don't) then I would never buy that brand again. How in hell's name can the brand person not know which colour description goes with which item? Shows a total lack of preparation and not doing their homework. This confusion should just not happen. And for Q to call them by a different name to the brand is ridiculous. What with the Q presenter not having a clue, and the brand person not having done their homework, it's just another day at Q...

Colour 'confusions' could be handy if you wanted to discombobulate the viewer and sell the less popular colours... and colours as named by qvc can differ from what they are called by the brand anyway, which accounts for the 'brand ambassador' being confused... so it's 'confusion' all round for a vital few seconds and, hey, you might shift some more of the less popular colours! :mysmilie_59:

They keep telling us that even though they KNOW the colours are incorrect the system cannot be changed. Funnily this does not apply to prices or the ever increasing postage.

However if they know that grey is being called sea green then say so from the get go and stop with the "is this grey, is this orange, is this ...... Oh no we don't have the orange in stock, well we do have purple which is really grey blue" Just state clearly that it is definitely grey but order sea green, bad and all as that is all the faffing about only makes it worse.

Of course to do that the guest, presenter, producer, cameraman, floor manager would have to actually to their job before going on air and we must never ever expect them to do that.

They inadvertently (I assume) tested that theory recently. The warehouse caused chaos when they put some Kipling stock on the wrong shelf and everyone who ordered a particular bag in Black received it in Tobacco Metal! Much moaning on FB ensued as everyone advised they were returning the shiny metallic bags pronto! I didn't see anyone say they were going to keep the wrong colour. Maybe if it had been a nicer colour than Tobacco Metal some would have kept it.

Sometimes the phrase 'the show must go on' is never more appropriate. I know it is a measure of how 'seasoned' they are as presenters, when they can talk through 'graphic' problems (information on the side of the screen telling you how much the item is going to 'fleece' you by), or when they are getting information 'in their ears' and whether they can carry on talking whilst they have 'voices in their head' or whether there is a pause. No some presenters are better at this than others and I think you will find the better ones are people who have previously had careers in the TV and Radio etc, where they talked 'guff' for a living and thus could improvise. People like JF, haven't quite managed to listen and talk at the same time and they say women can multi-task, she is a discrgace to women everywhere :)

Latest posts

Back