Well well well... Look what I found.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Well, despite what QVC constantly tells us about returns not being resold (though none of actually ever have believed them...) I've just stumbled across a document that shoots them in the foot a bit. Well, a lot.

I was looking at whether there was any info online about refusing a QVC delivery so I googled and came across QVC UK's vendor manual, which makes for quite interesting reading, particularly the fees they charge people wanting to sell with them, and also of particular interest was section 5.2 which states, for those not wanting to bother reading it, "In practice, the warehouse teams will endeavour to put any non-faulty customer returns back into stock".

Busted.

Good find Miss Marple !
Many of us have known for a long time that Q re-sells used items. Someone on their FB page the other day had received a skincare set which had obviously been used.

Well, well, well, now there's a surprise - not.

Well done, supersleuth! Obviously a good read of their terms and conditions will provide some entertaining reading.

That's very interestin indeed. I had a quick look and I think some of the mystery of how qvc deal with their vendors is explained.

Looks like qvc buy the stock up front, reserving the right to ask the vendor to take back unsold items within 365 days. It is likely though that they will keep undamaged stock to try to sell it again.

If stock is returned damaged by the customer (I presume that includes half eaten pies or used beauty) then the vendor must take such goods back. If they don't take them back within a certain amount of time then qvc reserve the right to dispose of it.

I guess that a lot of damaged returns are not retrieved by the vendor and probably end up in the outlet shops, judging by the poor reviews of Warrington and Shrewsbury, but some of them must find their way back to customers if the warehouse staff aren't vigilent, and don't check clothes for food stains or handbags for teabags! It certainly makes me wonder about earrings being resold although they say they aren't.

I remember reading a review one time actually on QVC from someone whose "new" kipling bag had a supermarket receipt in it!

I remember reading a review one time actually on QVC from someone whose "new" kipling bag had a supermarket receipt in it!

We`ve had people on this forum who`ve found all sorts of things indicating their items have been previously used. Everything from stains and body odour to tubes of cream !

I distinctly recall one forum member receiving a pair of used PJs with what she delicately referred to as 'lady stains'. :puke:

Well, despite what QVC constantly tells us about returns not being resold (though none of actually ever have believed them...) I've just stumbled across a document that shoots them in the foot a bit. Well, a lot.

I was looking at whether there was any info online about refusing a QVC delivery so I googled and came across QVC UK's vendor manual, which makes for quite interesting reading, particularly the fees they charge people wanting to sell with them, and also of particular interest was section 5.2 which states, for those not wanting to bother reading it, "In practice, the warehouse teams will endeavour to put any non-faulty customer returns back into stock".

Busted.

Those of us that have been with QVC for a while, me from day one, know this, and I personally have been told this by customer services. The list of things I've had that they've tried to pass off as new are, Yankee Candles with wax in holder, Kipling bag with lip stick in pocket, Ninja with yogurt in it and a shopping list in a Centigrade coat, this is only a small selection of the returns I've had that they want to charge me full price for, robbing gits! Apart from them being the dearest place to shop, the returns is why I rarely shop with them any more. Yes I know they have to put returns back out for sale, but I'd expect them to be of perfect quality.

I distinctly recall one forum member receiving a pair of used PJs with what she delicately referred to as 'lady stains'. :puke:

Oh my word! That's disgusting! They always blame the Warehouse staff for letting visibly used items be put back out for sale, but good grief! Which sick so and so would put that back out for sale? Obviously not doing their job properly...........yuk! That's disgusting! :puke:

Oh my word! That's disgusting! They always blame the Warehouse staff for letting visibly used items be put back out for sale, but good grief! Which sick so and so would put that back out for sale? Obviously not doing their job properly...........yuk! That's disgusting! :puke:

I also think the customers have a lot to answer for too. If I had worn pj`s and decided to return them under the 30 day MBG I would certainly wash them first, same with those people who return unwashed kitchen gadgets, used bedding and clothes which stink of fags or perfume, or anything which can be polluted by bodily fluids or food. For my own peace of mind I`d hate to return anything which was soiled even though it SHOULD either be binned by Q or end up in an outlet shop.

I also think the customers have a lot to answer for too. If I had worn pj`s and decided to return them under the 30 day MBG I would certainly wash them first, same with those people who return unwashed kitchen gadgets, used bedding and clothes which stink of fags or perfume, or anything which can be polluted by bodily fluids or food. For my own peace of mind I`d hate to return anything which was soiled even though it SHOULD either be binned by Q or end up in an outlet shop.

Yes that's very true, I would never dream in a million years of doing that, yes I wash things I've returned, not many things or clothes, I don't buy clothes from QVC but yes, anything else I wash first totally agree.

The crafty swines have started selling SBC litre bottles with the pump separate in the box, a more cynical person would say this is because if someone has used a few pumps and returned it, but not enough to tell that it's been used, they can send it back out again with a new pump. It was the pump that was the give away if an SBC product was used, crafty eh?

well, despite what qvc constantly tells us about returns not being resold (though none of actually ever have believed them...) i've just stumbled across a document that shoots them in the foot a bit. Well, a lot.

I was looking at whether there was any info online about refusing a qvc delivery so i googled and came across qvc uk's vendor manual, which makes for quite interesting reading, particularly the fees they charge people wanting to sell with them, and also of particular interest was section 5.2 which states, for those not wanting to bother reading it, "in practice, the warehouse teams will endeavour to put any non-faulty customer returns back into stock".

Busted.

i have often wondered since we all have our likes and dislikes about qvc and its practices, if you or for that matter, anyone else has ever approached qvc at their headquarters in london to bring up these points - i think that's the best way of them knowing we, the public, are not idiots and are not so easily taken in.

I write to people complaining when the need arises and i'm listened to, same applies with qvc. I have not written to them about particular things yet, but i have a lot on my mind so fully intend writing to them.

I am just one of those people who thinks it's ok to moan and complain on here, but why not do so in writing direct to them.

I sent an email to Q stating my disgust at Presenters using Q as a vehicle for free publicity for their forthcoming books. I am still waiting for a reply.

As for returns, I know immediately I've opened the parcel whether its 'for me' or not - clothes are tried on and kept, or returned with labels, - all within 7 days. I've never returned anything half empty, half eaten, and certainly no stained clothes (clearly not brought up right!); but there will always be those people who will keep labels on clothes so they can wear for an 'occasion' then return. Bad as thieving in my eyes.

i have often wondered since we all have our likes and dislikes about qvc and its practices, if you or for that matter, anyone else has ever approached qvc at their headquarters in london to bring up these points - i think that's the best way of them knowing we, the public, are not idiots and are not so easily taken in.

I write to people complaining when the need arises and i'm listened to, same applies with qvc. I have not written to them about particular things yet, but i have a lot on my mind so fully intend writing to them.

I am just one of those people who thinks it's ok to moan and complain on here, but why not do so in writing direct to them.

I did it just the other day - as always i got the stock reply churned out: 'we are always looking to improve blah blah crap crap pass comments on blah blah wiffle waffle'. They couldn't give a toss.

I do, many people on here do, but QVC don't listen.

Latest posts

Back