WEN Is Coming To QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has Alison Young been Wen'd ? Her hair looks greasy and lank , I was thinking how much better her hair looked on Thursday during the Beauty fix hour

They said on the previous show that she was "being WEN'd:.

I am tempted to try it sometime, but the lavender one does not appear to be available except in the trio and don't want the minty almond one.

Thanks I will wait a while. Akimbo put me right off the Almond mint one by comparing it to Cherry Tunes!

No that was the Fig, the Almond Mint is nice and I'd say the scent doesn't last long after rinsing; I didn't really like the pomegranate either.

I'm using it up but the Almond & Mint is the one I prefer, though the lavender is nice, and the Cucumber Aloe probably has the least scent. They have loads more options in the States so I'm hoping they come here eventually. QVC should do a TSV or a Try Me with smaller bottles (maybe 250ml) in lots of different flavours so we can test them and decide which we prefer. There'll be another sale on wenhaircare.co.uk in a couple of months, usually in June or July I think, which is the cheapest way to stock up.

I bought the Lavender one from the WEN UK site when it was on offer and love the smell. I wish QVC would do the Lavender in the Trail kit.

Almond Mint I was wary of, but the smell is clean. Fig is a big no for me because of the cherry tunes.

All the smells disappear once rinsed off anyway. Even leaving on pump in as a conditioner I do smell anything once dried.

Oh and for those that missed it. WEN is Vegan friendly, has the leaping bunny in the US, so no animal by products or ingredients used. A few kept asking on the FB page and then Chaz answered on the 4 pm show.

Since Chaz is coming over more often, makes me think the brand is doing well here and we hopefully will get a TSV.:mysmilie_3:

When I blow dry my hair it is healthy and shiny. However if I let it dry naturally that's a different matter so I wondered if Wen would be the answer to my problems. I saw the demo and he said he left it to dry naturally and the results were great - but they always are on telly!

Comments, please.

My hair is a short pixie so takes like 2 minutes max to blow dry. Haven't tried leaving it to dry as only started using in September, waiting for warmer months. I have left it in and gone to Zumba then rinse out after though. The styling creme really makes a difference makes hair really smooth.

After watching the presentation last evening, I used the Almond mint again this morning. I had forgotten how much I liked it and how shiny and manageable my hair is after use! I don't use more than 3 - 4 pumps each wash ( I use 2 washes and 2 rinses per shampoo). I don't leave a bit of the conditioner in after the final rinse, as I found in the past it left my very fine hair a bit weighted. I'm not too keen on the treatment sprays either, my hair didn't feel quite right for some reason after using them. It felt full of product. The shampoo / conditioner is fine though.

My hair is fine and straight and I don't do a leave-in application either, nor did I get on with the styling products (Mr Akimbo liked them in his short hair though). I'm not interested in a mixed TSV because I can stock up direct more cheaply but if they ever do a "taster set" of the different flavours of cleanser I'd probably buy it.

My hair tends to look the same whether I blow dry or not; now that it's longer than shoulder length I tend to leave it as I don't have the patience to blow dry it and it looks and feels ok, but as I say, it's poker-straight regardless. I might blow dry my fringe and tip my head forward and blast it for 5 mins with the dryer if I'm in a rush to leave the house.

Maybe someone with more textured or wavy hair will better answer you question Ilovechocolate.

After watching the presentation last evening, I used the Almond mint again this morning. I had forgotten how much I liked it and how shiny and manageable my hair is after use! I don't use more than 3 - 4 pumps each wash ( I use 2 washes and 2 rinses per shampoo). I don't leave a bit of the conditioner in after the final rinse, as I found in the past it left my very fine hair a bit weighted. I'm not too keen on the treatment sprays either, my hair didn't feel quite right for some reason after using them. It felt full of product. The shampoo / conditioner is fine though.

I forgot to add that I have fine, shoulder length hair and dry my hair with the Babyliss Big Hair so don't leave it to dry naturally.

I really want to try the Big Hair but it's been on wait list for ever even though it's "most wished for". It's not like it's unavailable elsewhere so I can't see the problem. I do want the MBG though. I live in hope.

I Love Chocolate, the 50mm Babyliss New Big Hair is available from Next, although it is a tad bigger than the one on QVC.

Thanks but i really want to be able to send it back if I don't get on with it. You can't return hairdryers to Argos etc and I guess that applies to Next too.

Well, the cucumber one arrived and I've been trying it out. Almost no smell at all, but unsurprising I suppose for Cucumber and Aloe. You get a lot of product dispensed with one pump, so for my first use I thought there's no way I can use 6 pumps on my short hair rinse and use another six, my hair would be smothered in the stuff. So for the first couple of times I washed my hair with Wen I used 2 and 2. No wow factor results, it didn't look any different from washing with a regular shampoo, but no negatives either. On the plus side though, there were no tangles to deal with.
I normally wash my hair every day, as my hair goes greasy at the roots; I tried washing my hair every second day and WEN made no difference to the greasy roots. At the weekend when I had more time, I washed with WEN this time using more pumps, I did 3 and 4 making sure I thoroughly rinsed. I think my hair did feel softer and looked better, but the downside was by mid afternoon the ends of my hair looked and felt limp, not normally something I experience as the ends of my hair are drier so have to put down the limpness to the WEN.
Whether I'll repeat purchase or not will ultimately depend how long the bottle lasts, as I don't think I'll be able to get away with not washing my hair every day. I'll try a 2 and 3 combination of pumps next and might actually measure how out how much product I'm actually using at each wash to decide whether it's too expensive to maintain longer-term.

I tried the 2 and 3 combination yesterday and my hair was lovely and bouncy, and this morning my hair is the best its ever looked on Day 2 hair with only slightly greasy looking roots. I'll continue with the 2/3 combination to see determine whether it was a fluke or if I've hit upon the right number of pumps for my hair.

Latest posts

Back