WEN Is Coming To QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The thing that many cannot get their head round is NOT WASHING EVERYDAY, I have read reviews of those complaining they have to wash everyday or not feel clean.

Wen should work for you. QVC do give an instruction leaflet. As AY some get it straight away(Akimbo and Me), others have to get their heads round a different way of using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6bCcCbf8ZA

About the video of Chaz demo on your type of hair.
The thing is you get your own way of using.

I would love to use this range but, as 48 pumps wouldn't be enough for my below waist length mane according to WEN's Chaz Dean, it wouldn't be economically practical. Has anyone found they can use a lot less than recommended?

Being someone who currently washes hair every day, I do find it hard to understand how this system can stop hair becoming lank and or greasy on day 2 so that it doesnt need washing.

Yep that's what I was trying to say, Lou66. I haven't seen any shows today. Does he recommend 48? I'd think about 20-22 would be enough for the first use, given that your hair's probably about 4-6" longer than mine, and then far less than that. I think the thorough rinsing is key to get the best out of it.

I understand people wanting to wash frequently if they need to restyle but the most I've had to do is dampen and blow dry my fringe if I wake up with it looking kinky.

If you fancy trying it you can choose between QVC and their 30 day "fair usage" MBG or Wenhaircare.co.uk 60 day empty bottle MBG and you'd really only lose your postage.

20 pumps, let alone 48 pumps is one helluva lot of product per week so how much does each hair "wash" work out at on that basis, if Wen costs £30-odd per bottle? How many times can you use one bottle?

I'd never pay that either, but I just bought 2 x 480ml bottles direct at £17.95 each. If one bought 250ml ojon shampoo from Boots it'd cost £18.50 plus I'd need a conditioner as well (and use a palmful every wash on my hair to detangle; every day).

I can understand the reluctance to try in case you're saddled with an expensive hair product habit, but I don't think I pay any more on Wen over a year's usage than I would on other haircare.

ps I don't work for Wen but feel free to send me a crateful Guthy-Renker if you're reading my posts!

Phillip Kingsley advises to wash hair (scalp) every day, like you do the rest of your skin. I certainly have to to feel clean and have non-limp hair, unless I use product. But then when I have used it, my scalp feels dirty so I have to wash it! I saw a demo yesterday with a red haired model and her hair looked very greasy. I know it's horses for courses, but in my opinion this is just another marketing ploy. It's a substance that cleans your hair. What you do with it after washing is where the damage occurs, not at the washing stage. I have used everything from 99p shampoo to high end stuff and my all time favourite is Superdrug coconut and almond. It smells amazing all day and gets my hair really clean. It doesn't give me amazing hair, no shampoo ever has. If it works for you and you like it, then great. Same as skincare, whatever floats your boat, but I can't help feel the whole concept is a bit pretentious.

First it wasn't Chaz today, a British hairdresser who is a Chaz hairdresser(of course AY had him naming the celebs he works with a long list including US).

He actually said the number of pumps Chaz tells you is a guide to start with (Yah!!! that man explaining that), after one of two uses you get your own way of how many pump etc. Oh and if he said 40 pumps its meant as twenty for first wash and then the rest the second, not first and second

He said what usually happens the first time people use it is:

They do not wet their hair enough and do not rinse properly at the end.

They are used to spending more time on the mid to end parts of hair. With WEN you really need to massage the scalp with the pads of your fingertips.

I have short hair and I mean Judy Dench crop, I use 3 pumps first wash then rinse and then just two second. I am still using my first bottle of the 300+mls size and I will say only half way down the bottle. That is me washing usually two to three times a week. Yesterday I washed my hair as I had coloured it at the weekend, I only did one wash of 3 pumps and the used the deep conditioner.

It's horses for courses as with any product and I can only speak from my own experience, but I've been very happy with it for three years; the longest I've ever stuck with a hair brand.

You don't suppose the idea of daily washing is a marketing ploy? My mum's generation and older had their hair set once a week and that was it until the next week's appointment.

I've found that hairstylists always want to cut my hair into a layered style which always requires 6 weekly trim. They're not stupid are they? Now I stick with my hair all one length which makes it appear lovely and thick, is easier to put up and I only have a full cut and blow dry about 4 times a year. When I'm on holiday and in the sea or a pool every day, wen is a godsend in terms of time-saving getting ready for the evening, and even though I'll use it every day for a fortnight it doesn't fade my hair colour.

Of course, it seems everything is these days! Best thing to do is to try for yourself and do what suits you, rather than what you're being told to do. I'm the same with you and the hairdressers. I hadn't had my hair cut in about 2 years, preferring to cut my own. For some reason I decided to pay them a visit last month and £46 poorer my hair looked no different to when I do it! You're right actually about the older generation and their sets. I can't ever remember my nan washing her hair at home.

Thanks very much to all for your very comprehensive guide to Wen! A lazy, unglamourized cheapskate like me won't be tempted at that price - not now, not ever. (My daughters know not to mention to me the price they pay for their hairdos, to avoid a fit of the vapours.) It used to be a twice weekly wash with Molton Brown shower gel which needs just a couple of pumps, but since that's changing, I'll stick to SBC. I find that the more I wash my hair, the more it needs to be washed, so less is more for me.

Phillip Kingsley advises to wash hair (scalp) every day, like you do the rest of your skin. I certainly have to to feel clean and have non-limp hair, unless I use product. But then when I have used it, my scalp feels dirty so I have to wash it! I saw a demo yesterday with a red haired model and her hair looked very greasy. I know it's horses for courses, but in my opinion this is just another marketing ploy. It's a substance that cleans your hair. What you do with it after washing is where the damage occurs, not at the washing stage. I have used everything from 99p shampoo to high end stuff and my all time favourite is Superdrug coconut and almond. It smells amazing all day and gets my hair really clean. It doesn't give me amazing hair, no shampoo ever has. If it works for you and you like it, then great. Same as skincare, whatever floats your boat, but I can't help feel the whole concept is a bit pretentious.

No offence but Philip Kingsley to be a hair expert look at the brillo pad he has on his head.

I remember he used to do a column in the Daily Mail, he dissed every other brand out there. Had nothing against SLS as a foaming agent even though its been proved to dry the scalp out.

No offence but Philip Kingsley to be a hair expert look at the brillo pad he has on his head.

I remember he used to do a column in the Daily Mail, he dissed every other brand out there. Had nothing against SLS as a foaming agent even though its been proved to dry the scalp out.

I bought the elasticiser when it was pick of the month because every review I read seemed to be positive. As we all know, it is not a cheap product; I don't mind what I pay to ensure my oh so long hair is in a premium condition, so thought I would give it a go. Totally useless. Perhaps it did work on Audrey Hepburn's hair, being so short, but I wouldn't have thought the length would have affected the result. I returned it, and wouldn't buy anything else from this man's range.

I have a tub of elasticiser bought originally when I ruined my hair over-bleaching, and it did work to restore the mushy candy-floss textured mop that remained after the breakage stopped. So maybe it really only works on knackered over-processed hair (doesn't sound like our Audrey does it?). DD uses it as conditioner (not a pre-treatment) and so it'll get used eventually. She doesn't like Wen because she doesn't like the minty coolness and also it makes her hair too slippery which doesn't suit her style; it's longer than mine but she has cultivated a huge permanent tangle at the crown which works like back-combing but without the effort. What amazes me is that if she wants to colour her hair she'll spend a whole day (a good 12 hours solid) combing out this pad of hair. Just goes to show that wen isn't suitable for everyone and also that she's a lazy as her mum! I've created a monster in my own image!

Well I tried the Pomegranate Wen this morning and it's very similar to the Fig version, just a slightly lighter fragrance. I'll use it up but wouldn't repurchase. It also took more rinsing than the usual Almond Mint Wen so maybe it'd suit someone with drier, coarser-textured hair than mine.

Bought the Almond Mint on a whim last week when (wen?!) it was on EP. Have tried co-washing before and didnt like the results so was sceptical.

Well, I LOVE IT! Hair feels so silky, looks shiny and yet still feels clean. Am trying to grow out a pixie crop and it's about ear length now, but it's laying much better and more smooth.

Judgement reserved for the longer term though as I wonder if it will build up? Also not sure how long the bottle will last. I've settled on 10 pumps in total and it seems enough, with half a pump as a leave in.

Will keep an eye on the Wen site in case they do another sale in the new year maybe.

I'm not sure they'll have another sale until about June, but you never know! You can experiment using fewer pumps or skipping the last half-pump leave-in, my hair doesn't really need the leave-in application unless my ends are feeling dry and fluffy.

That is great you are enjoying the Wen.

Okay, next wash try 4 good pumps for first and second wash. Lets see how you get on?

As said before you really need to rinse well and massage the scalp when rinsing and when actually washing with the Wen.

I have to say I have not got any build up at all.

Well I tried the Pomegranate Wen this morning and it's very similar to the Fig version, just a slightly lighter fragrance. I'll use it up but wouldn't repurchase. It also took more rinsing than the usual Almond Mint Wen so maybe it'd suit someone with drier, coarser-textured hair than mine.

I like the sound of the fig; what's it like?

Latest posts

Back