WEN Is Coming To QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Smells to me like cherry Tunes, so it's probably my least favourite. I fancy trying the Bamboo version and some of the other US exclusives if we ever get them here. My favourites are Almond & Mint and Lavender (in that order). I suspect if we ever get a TSV it'll be Almond & Mint.

Shudders at the idea of anything smelling of cherry Tunes(bad memories from chilldhood), I love the smell of Lavender so that was a no brainer for me. The Almond Mint is a great all rounder.

I ordered the mint one when it was very first on Q and have had it sitting in the draw waiting to be used, well I started to use it last week and am spectacularly unimpressed with it, so far I feel as thought I am having to use so much product it is going to end up costing me £££ per wash and I only have short hair. I won't be re-buying it and if I had gotten round to using it within the 30 MBG it would be going back.
I will finish the bottle as I don't like wasting stuff ! and maybe by the end I will fall in love with it.

MadMax you do not have use as much at they tell you. You work out how much really works for you. As I said I use 3 pumps first wash and only 2 second wash, I don't leave any in just use the styling creme. You need to really massage the scalp and rinse, rinse, rinse.

I am sorry you feel its not for you, but hopefully another range will be better for you. Life would be very boring if we all loved the same thing.

I wonder whether it's the massage and all that extra rinsing that is what is really cleaning the hair? In standard soaps and shampoos the SLS only lathers it does not add anything to the cleaning process, and with soap the chemical effect of it is to simply increase the surface area of the water particles and "make the water wetter". Maybe that's what WEN is doing, making water "wetter". I think it is an interesting concept but very expensive whe maybe just plain water and conditioner would work?

People at home generally do not rinse properly anyway. Hence so many think they have dandruff. In the hairdressers they really rinse and massage the product into your hair. With Wen that is why I kept saying to massage and then rinse properly as the main complain after price is their hair feels lank or they don't feel like they have washed it properly.

I was chatting to my hairdresser about the idea of Wen, she was unconvinced but did say, that those with very curly hair should just wash with conditioner only it was to do with the texture of the hair. She did not buy into the everyone could do it.

Yes, I use the deep conditioner. I really like it, even though you have to keep it on for 35 minutes +(the longer the better), I have put it in and gone off to Zumba then rinsed it out. Have to say I love the styling creme, gave the volume spray away.

Slightly off topic: I got bored with a hair colour and used ColourB4 under instruction by Scott Cornwall who produced the product. His comment was that people underestimate the length of rinsing time. ColourB4 need a full 10minutes rinsing in running water (make sure you have a full hot tank) but Scott C recommended using a timer because what feels like 10 mins is actually only 2.

So I'd recommend using a kitchen timer set to 2 minutes to rinse Wen for the first few times because most of us rinse for less than 30 seconds, plus having a foaamy shampoo makes it easier to judge when it's been completely rinsed away whereas Wen rinses away pretty much clear.

Back to the washing every dayers: try rinsing for longer because shampoo residue can cause the hair to look dull and lank as it seem as though it attracts dirt.

I didn't get a wow-factor from the Wen deep conditioner but I tend to get enough conditioning from the cleanser alone. I don't even bother with the leave-in pump after rinsing. I'd use it if it came in a set but wouldn't make a special purchase of it (QVC I'm hinting about a TSV again...I'd like a couple of the litre sized cleansers please).

After my first few washes with Wen (using differing numbers of pumps & rinsing times), I wasn't convinced that it was value for money for me.
I have now finished my first bottle & although my hair doesn't stay cleaner for longer, my hair & scalp feel extremely clean after washing & my hair is looking & feeling in great condition. I don't need to spend as much time styling my hair - the frizz has gone.
I will definitely repurchase.

I'd forgotten the shows were on so thanks for the reminder; much better to have Chaz explain the concept than Ali Young or worse Jill Franks!

I ordered the cucumber one on Sunday just before the 4pm show started when it was showing as three easy pays (wonder why they took the easy pay away as soon as it went to air?).
Been considering it for a while and decided to give it a go. Two months ago I couldn't contemplate not washing my hair every day as when I woke up my hair always stood on end - my hair is fine but lots of it, so when it was shorter (not quite Pipa pixie cut but along those lines, ie textured, choppy) it looked like I'd stuck my fingers in a socket. It's grown out now, not as long as Jackie's, but heading in that direction.
Since growing it a bit, I now find my hair tangles completely when I shampoo, even using a sulfate free shampoo, but it doesn't look quite so bad in the morning compared to when it was textured & choppy. Before ordering the WEN, I washed my hair using just a regular conditioner to try out the principle and that was OK, certainly no tangles. So I've gone for the WEN cucumber option in the hope that it will sort out my greasier roots and maybe day after hair will be better than it is currently. With my hair still being quite short, I'm hopeful I won't have to use too many pumps either. Will try to remember to report back once it arrives and I've had the opportunity to try it out.

I hope it works for you, just remember to rinse it for far longer than usual (use a kitchen timer because 30 seconds feels like 5 minutes when you're under the shower!). You won't need as many pumps as they recommend after the first couple of cleanses.

I ordered the sweet almond mint collection, despite having below bum length hair, and thinking it wouldn't last me five minutes. When I unpacked it, and - doh! - attempted to put the pump in the bottle, some of the contents came out, so I used that, and a little bit more when I did my hair. Next night, having put the pump in, I used THREE pumps on my hair IN TOTAL. Any more would have been overkill. After I again used the treatment spray. The only concern I do have, is my skin was feeling a little itchy, but I cannot say for certain the WEN caused that, until I've used it a few more times. Recommended usage for my length hair is, officially, 24 - 32 pumps, but Chaz also said up to 48 pumps. It doesn't lather, which I like and my hair is left feeling extremely soft and shiny and it is not as wet, after being towel dryed, possibly due to the lack of foam being absorbed by the hair when using regular shampoo. This range will work out cheaper for me, as I will only be using the cleanser, as opposed to a shampoo and a conditioner. I do wash my hair daily, so will use it every day but, as I am only using 3 pumps, that's no problem.
I just find it impossible to comprehend how I can manage on 3 pumps when the average for my hair length is 32. If I needed to use more, I would but, fundamentally, I don't. As long as I don't have a reaction to the product, I will definitely be trying the other varieties.
I would suggest to anyone thinking of buying from this range, try the amount of WEN you would normally use of your usual shampoo on your first wash. I only do one application. If that doesn't work for you, try using more. But chances are, you will find you don't need the recommended amount. You will have lost nothing by trying it, and may end up saving quite a bit of money.

Can I ask Louise66, why do you actually wash everyday?

I know some people do not think they are clear unless they wash it every day in the shower.

Others because it gets greasy.

I have lined up Wen as my next shampoo experience. I will wait for a bargain while I get through my current shampoo stock.

I ordered the cucumber one on Sunday just before the 4pm show started when it was showing as three easy pays (wonder why they took the easy pay away as soon as it went to air?).
Been considering it for a while and decided to give it a go. Two months ago I couldn't contemplate not washing my hair every day as when I woke up my hair always stood on end - my hair is fine but lots of it, so when it was shorter (not quite Pipa pixie cut but along those lines, ie textured, choppy) it looked like I'd stuck my fingers in a socket. It's grown out now, not as long as Jackie's, but heading in that direction.
Since growing it a bit, I now find my hair tangles completely when I shampoo, even using a sulfate free shampoo, but it doesn't look quite so bad in the morning compared to when it was textured & choppy. Before ordering the WEN, I washed my hair using just a regular conditioner to try out the principle and that was OK, certainly no tangles. So I've gone for the WEN cucumber option in the hope that it will sort out my greasier roots and maybe day after hair will be better than it is currently. With my hair still being quite short, I'm hopeful I won't have to use too many pumps either. Will try to remember to report back once it arrives and I've had the opportunity to try it out.

Well, the cucumber one arrived and I've been trying it out. Almost no smell at all, but unsurprising I suppose for Cucumber and Aloe. You get a lot of product dispensed with one pump, so for my first use I thought there's no way I can use 6 pumps on my short hair rinse and use another six, my hair would be smothered in the stuff. So for the first couple of times I washed my hair with Wen I used 2 and 2. No wow factor results, it didn't look any different from washing with a regular shampoo, but no negatives either. On the plus side though, there were no tangles to deal with.
I normally wash my hair every day, as my hair goes greasy at the roots; I tried washing my hair every second day and WEN made no difference to the greasy roots. At the weekend when I had more time, I washed with WEN this time using more pumps, I did 3 and 4 making sure I thoroughly rinsed. I think my hair did feel softer and looked better, but the downside was by mid afternoon the ends of my hair looked and felt limp, not normally something I experience as the ends of my hair are drier so have to put down the limpness to the WEN.
Whether I'll repeat purchase or not will ultimately depend how long the bottle lasts, as I don't think I'll be able to get away with not washing my hair every day. I'll try a 2 and 3 combination of pumps next and might actually measure how out how much product I'm actually using at each wash to decide whether it's too expensive to maintain longer-term.

Can I ask Louise66, why do you actually wash everyday?

I know some people do not think they are clear unless they wash it every day in the shower.

Others because it gets greasy.
Sorry for the tardy reply. I was diagnosed with OCD, before it became fashionable and routine is, consequently, ever present in my everyday life. Part of that routine, is showering and washing my hair daily. Used to be twice daily, so I'm doing well! Back to the WEN; As I say, my hair is way below my bum and 48 pumps would be overload. I don't even use a full pump on my hair, and that really is adequate. Any more, and I would be wasting it. I adore the scent of the almond and mint, and the spray is my new favourite for blow drying - I did use the ojon revitalising mist, which I am finishing off. I think the main reason I will stick with WEN, is that I like the fact that it doesn't lather and fill one's hair full of foam. One needs to ask, why is regular shampoo producing lather? The ingredients, which are absent from WEN and which is why it is, consequently, better for the hair.

Latest posts

Back