What a bummer!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mr jones

Tired and old
I bought a superb Star Sapphire t'other day and it has a lovely six point star BUT - there is a chip like irregularity on the polished surface and beside it a cut like the polishing wheel has slipped. So my great plan for a commissioned ring is in tatters and it's on it's way back. Maybe I'm being picky but there we are. First disappointment in my buying record with Rocks alas.

Was it a one off gem stone or can they replace it so you can try another similar one
and see if you get a better one (or is that a dumb question)?

I bought a superb Star Sapphire t'other day and it has a lovely six point star BUT - there is a chip like irregularity on the polished surface and beside it a cut like the polishing wheel has slipped. So my great plan for a commissioned ring is in tatters and it's on it's way back. Maybe I'm being picky but there we are. First disappointment in my buying record with Rocks alas.

Thats dissapointing Mr Jones sorry to hear that....can they not polish the chip out..or would this detract form the star?

I hope you find a solution x

As per Rocks were on the case after reading this thread and more are coming along - not so heavy but I will check them out. Well done Rocks CS :60:

How disappointing, but glad to hear they've got more coming. Will have to keep an eye out for those.

:doggie:

singalong with me:

Oh sh1t! There goes the credit card
Looks like I'm gonna be stuck here the whole summer
Well, what a bummer
I can think of a lot worse places to be
than shopping with good old Rocks TV!!

That's a real disappointment mr j. Star sapphires are amazing and i hope you get a replacement soon. Pictures to follow please. :)

OH that is disappointing Mr J, glad their CS is on to it though.

My only problem is that I talked my busy little jeweller into taking the job on and now who knows how long I may have to wait. I am told that a similar sapphire was auctioned last night which is a pain. :17:

Katherine has emailed with a solution so hopefully me sapphire will be on it's way to a ring soon. :18:

Latest posts

Back