What does anyone else think......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Of this statement during a preview of an up and coming item in the mid day hour.

Jackie Kabler preview introduction of a pick up tool.

“Ann and I were chatting, we are tall we often we go to the supermarket (Inject with what appeared to be a smark/giggle)
Small people ask us to reach for things off the top shelf, which it fine.
But if you bring that to the supermarket with you, pop it in your trolley and reach things yourself like that. (video showing something being taken out of a high cupboard) which is really good.

Interested to hear if anyone has any comments on what she just said

Of this statement during a preview of an up and coming item in the mid day hour.

Jackie Kabler preview introduction of a pick up tool.

“Ann and I were chatting, we are tall we often we go to the supermarket (Inject with what appeared to be a smark/giggle)
Small people ask us to reach for things off the top shelf, which it fine.
But if you bring that to the supermarket with you, pop it in your trolley and reach things yourself like that. (video showing something being taken out of a high cupboard) which is really good.

Interested to hear if anyone has any comments on what she just said
For the forseeable future we have to have a mask & hand sanitiser with us when shopping, some people even take gloves & she suggests adding a gadget that's nearly 18 inches long to the list..! I'd be useless taking anything off a supermarket shelf with one of those those because most things are tightly packed together & judging the weight would be iffy to say the least. I'm 5'5" & don't generally have a problem with the height of supermarket shelves, the only time I have an issue is if the items are at the back & then I ask a member of staff for help. In my opinion she often plays Lady Bountiful.

What, does she mean that on top of the heavy shopping these "small people" have to lug around, they also have to carry this awkward (ie not fitting into a shopping bag), heavy extra item to and from the supermarket, (or else go armed with a very long grabber pole and knock everyone around them senseless), just in case something they want is unreachable? Or they could just ask someone to help. It doesn't happen all that often so it's no big deal to reach up to the top shelf. I've occasionally had to ask a six-footer-plus person to get the last pint of milk from the back of the top shelf or get an assistant to stand on their kick-step to get it and I'm not one of the "small people". What rubbish!

Being a short arse, 5' one and a half tall I am used to asking normal height people if they can reach down to me? On the other side, I have a friend who is 5' 8" who asks me to get her stuff from the bottom shelf. I have been known to climb as in foot on the bottom shelf and reaching up to grab things. The other week I could not reach something in M&S fridge top shelf, using my brain I pulled out my folding umbrella extended the handle and used that to pull the item forward.

Well I’m only 5 ft and get really pissed off at all shops and the way they place products.

If it’s a packet of pasta you can usually manage to pull it down or ask someone for help.

where it’s a real PITA is if the product has a best before date - no one is going to search for the best date for you.
Clothes rails doubled up which you can’t reach never mind get the cost hanger off the rail is near impossible especially if you also have to search through every item to get your size because the wee plastic numbers are all on the wrong item.

However I won’t be using anything offered by Spaniel ears as I can’t stand the stupid b&&&h.
It amazes me that she is married to a doctor but reading Mazza’s experiences maybe it’s not such a mystery.

I’m waiting for her and Ann Dorrington (large people) to present the item.
And I’ll see if Jackie Kabler continues to be condescending and if she again resorts to giggle at the thought of her and Ann reaching for something for a (little person).

I have just turned over and she is presenting this again but now is calling us “little people”

Next presentation we will be “Hobbits”
Oh heck I hadn’t realised I’d gone back on the box to type just what she had said
Thanks for your post now got to catch up to see what she says

So yes she continues pointing to the high up can of beans, “oh that’s what we get asked to reach” 😖

Last edited:
Again something to say to try and sell something that’s there’s not an awful lot you can say about. “It’s a grabber it saves you bending down to pick things up, and it helps you reach things you can’t reach”-end of story. Rather than stand there staring at the screen , they make up scenarios on the spot without any thought as to how it may come across. Basically short people are a pita at the supermarket and expect us superior tall people to reach things down- so do us all a favour and bring a stick and a step stool with you ..and guess what? You’re in luck, we’re selling them!!!

I am 5ft 3" and my biggest problem is the cat food isles. The box of biscuits my cats want is always way way at the back of the top shelf and only one or two left. I try perching on the bottom shelf stretching my arm and nearly cripple myself and as loveallthingsitalian says, I nudge the other boxes and have nearly brought them down on my head. But ..... the pet food isles are always busy and there is always someone who gets my biscuits down for me. I don't ask anyone, but people can be very helpful. No way would I want to carry that thingamajig with me, I'm afraid I would rather rely on kind hearted taller people. I don't expect people to get things down for me, they just do. (probably cos I look a pathetic sight trying to reach something that will never be reachable for me.)

I'm only5,2 and I really dislike certain clothes shops that put things up so high I can't reach, this usually results in me walking away from the shop without purchasing anything, I resent having to ask a member of staff to get an item down for me.
Remember all the best things come in small packages 😊

I'm 5'7 and can never get the bottle of lemonade thats on the top shelf pushed to the back. Even a 'grabber' wouldn't pick up something that heavy. I do use one indoors for getting empty cake tins from the top of the kitchen cupboards and suchlike, or picking up the dog's toys to put away - (she's great at getting them out of her toy basket, but rubbish at putting them back 🤭 )

Well, some years back I was in a book store and wanted a book which happened to be on the top shelf. Okay, I thought to do the foot on the one from floor shelf step up the climb and grab the book. The ****** shelves were not screwed to the wall only slide in sort, I grab the shelf and the to pull the book and the whole shelf moved forward with me! I jumped down very quickly with the book in hand. I was more embarrassed in case anyone seen my nearly pulling down a shelf of books on myself.

Well, some years back I was in a book store and wanted a book which happened to be on the top shelf. Okay, I thought to do the foot on the one from floor shelf step up the climb and grab the book. The ****** shelves were not screwed to the wall only slide in sort, I grab the shelf and the to pull the book and the whole shelf moved forward with me! I jumped down very quickly with the book in hand. I was more embarrassed in case anyone seen my nearly pulling down a shelf of books on myself.
Oh my word Donna you were very lucky there could have been a nasty accident if they had come down on top of you :eek:

JK often has her foot in her mouth, so much so she’s learned to walk on one leg, she’s said in the past......
Divorce your husband if he won’t buy you shoes
The frying pan is so heavy you can hit your dog over the head if it won’t stop barking (I kid ye not, I hope another forum buddy can remember it)
Literally went in to hysterics over the word flaps
Said even if you’re on strong medication have a drink anyway (it was wine she was flogging)............

and many other faux pas.

I’m 5 foot 2 inches and my husband is 6 foot 2 inches and never minds passing anyone something that’s too high for them, so never hesitate to ask him for help if you ever see him in the supermarket. 😂

Latest posts

Back