What Exactly Is A Clearance Please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacqualina

Registered Shopper
Last night I was flicking through the channels and saw Alan presenting a Silver Clearance. I have no idea about the prices on most of the items, but there were two rings that I bought only last week.
The first was an opaque kunzite ring(very pretty) which was pulled as nobody came in for it. The price was exactly the same as I'd paid for mine.
The second was an opaque aquamarine ring (also pretty)at£29 (I think they had four), which was exactly £5 more than I paid for mine last week.
So, I'm really confused - what is a Clearance? Surely it's not just a ploy to get people to think they are buying at reduced prices?

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself, Jacqualina. Over the last few 'clearance' sales, I've seen end prices way above what I've paid. There was a turquoise necklace last night that went for £59 that I got for £39 in a same quantity auction. Also, on Gems, some of the so-called birthday surprises have closed higher than they have in ordinary auctions, so I guess the surprise is that you pay more than you do at other times. Certainly brings out the cynic in a gal...

internet issues have prevented my response to this one :sweat: but at last I can now jump on and say
YES, I AGREE - dare I bring in the hot issue of chat but had it still been there, there would have been cries of "I got this for loads less" - at the risk of censure and poofing of course.
So to the original question - lets do a High Street Comparison - say M&S Clearance, Next Clearance etc etc etc for those of us who can be bothered to get up at the crack of dawn and queue, we expect AND get prices way below our wildest dreams, way below we have ever seen before. We rush home and show off our mega bargains.................. how does the Rocks Clearance compare? Ummmmmmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back