What is the point of a tracking link if it doesn't give any info?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I've been ordering online, so I get Hermes by default as the courrier. I've ordered 3 items in the past month which are my only new orders recently. All had the link to track your parcel, and while the link takes me to the Hermes tracking page it tells me there's no info!

Has QVC cut costs again? Have Hermes decided there are too many issues with QVC customers? It's a waste of pixels and time, regardless...

Anyone else experienced this?

I've been ordering online, so I get Hermes by default as the courrier. I've ordered 3 items in the past month which are my only new orders recently. All had the link to track your parcel, and while the link takes me to the Hermes tracking page it tells me there's no info!

Has QVC cut costs again? Have Hermes decided there are too many issues with QVC customers? It's a waste of pixels and time, regardless...

Anyone else experienced this?

MML, I've had a lot of issues with Hermes recently (through various retailers) and apparently they're having major problems with their software so the tracking details aren't being updated in realtime. Doesn't mean your parcel is lost, but obviously not very helpful if you want to find out where it is!

MML, I've had a lot of issues with Hermes recently (through various retailers) and apparently they're having major problems with their software so the tracking details aren't being updated in real-time. Doesn't mean your parcel is lost, but obviously not very helpful if you want to find out where it is!

I thought it was just me, I shop with an online catalogue shop and they use Hermes as their courier also, I had e-mails stating that I could follow the tracking process, however I got a 'sorry not found' type of message when I went on the website, the orders did all come, but still, considering they are one of the most used (for better or worse), courier firms especially by catalogue companies and their ilk, you would have thought they would have been quickly 'on top' of these glitches!

Hermes tracking is normally OK, but I've recently had 2 direct despatch deliveries via Parcelforce on different days.

One had full tracking, the other I didn't even have an email to say it had been despatched, it just turned up out of the blue. Luckily I was in.

I ordered the Decleor TSV Saturday evening,QVC email said order received on Sunday and this morning the email with link to Hermes tracking with "out with courier". That was 9.15 am parcel was delivered at 10.30 am.

I've always been able to track items that I've ordered from QVC and that are delivered by Hermes. I think they should also enable tracking when Royal Mail/ the Post Office deliver as well, but I suppose that would need too much effort on their behalf.

MML, I've had a lot of issues with Hermes recently (through various retailers) and apparently they're having major problems with their software so the tracking details aren't being updated in realtime. Doesn't mean your parcel is lost, but obviously not very helpful if you want to find out where it is!

That makes perfect sense! As my parcel arrived, the tracking is now academic, unless it's in reverse if I change my mind.

Latest posts

Back