What is the weight that - - - -

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just had this QVC delivery left by Hermes in my wheelie bin, despite a notice on my door saying that I was in and to ring the bell.

No note left, I only looked in it by chance when it was well overdue.
Hope they haven't damaged it, dropping it in.

I was under the impression that QVC would pay the postage for any returns over 4kg, but I cannot find any details confirming that, so maybe it has changed.
I have found that on occasion it is worth using Hermes via the QVC link to return things as you pay a fixed price for items upto 15kg and it can be cheaper than elsewhere. (abt £3.95 if they collect or a little bit less if you drop off at one of their parcel points). I suppose it does depend on the size and weight of the parcel.

Sounds silly but I have been umming and ahhing about buying the studio but firstly wanted to see if i can pair my sonos one with an echo but can't seem to do it, I have removed the echo from the room it was in and removed it from the alex app in that room, it works in another room but I cannot get them to pair, its saying on the app not compatible, is this correct? Or is there a way I can get them to work and play together, thanks for any help anyone can offer as I am losing the will to live now!

Sounds silly but I have been umming and ahhing about buying the studio but firstly wanted to see if i can pair my sonos one with an echo but can't seem to do it, I have removed the echo from the room it was in and removed it from the alex app in that room, it works in another room but I cannot get them to pair, its saying on the app not compatible, is this correct? Or is there a way I can get them to work and play together, thanks for any help anyone can offer as I am losing the will to live now!
Never had a Sonos so I don't know, sorry.

And my Studio is still sitting unopened in it's outer carton, I keep meaning to try it and then something else crops up to do.

I'm currently giving away my waterbed vinyl (7ft x 10ft) to use as a pond liner, and a few people want it on a local giveaway website, so I'm liaising with them re collection etc.

I'll let you know what it sounds like when I've tried it, I've never been so restrained about tech.

Never had a Sonos so I don't know, sorry.

And my Studio is still sitting unopened in it's outer carton, I keep meaning to try it and then something else crops up to do.

I'm currently giving away my waterbed vinyl (7ft x 10ft) to use as a pond liner, and a few people want it on a local giveaway website, so I'm liaising with them re collection etc.

I'll let you know what it sounds like when I've tried it, I've never been so restrained about tech.
Thanks Strato, I thought you might know, I will have another go and then give up i think, seems daft I can get them both to play through Spotify in the same room but not together, I am not great with tech stuff so not sure what else to do, have looked on various sites/forums and there seems to be a differing of opinions over whether they can be paired or not, well done with the waterbed vinyl, good that it will be useful for somebody

When I had a good look at the Alexa app and the information about speakers it does appear they are not compatible so I will give up with that little project, still tempted with the Studio though

Been tearing my hair out for at least an hour trying to connect it, now on hold to Amazon CS.

I've connected all my other Echos without problems, but the app is not finding this speaker, but it finds all my others.

Been tearing my hair out for at least an hour trying to connect it, now on hold to Amazon CS.

I've connected all my other Echos without problems, but the app is not finding this speaker, but it finds all my others.
That a pain, normally they are so straightforward to set up, even i can do it, hope you get it sorted soon,

On the phone to Amazon for over an hour - - - extremely complicated procedures, having to type in passwords, giving part of my credit card number, etc etc etc just to try to download the latest Alexa app, which is needed to set up the Studio.

But my ipad won't download the latest app because it is not new enough!!!!!!

So I will have to spend £100s on a new ipad to get the studio to work, so I am about to phone QVC to find out about returning it.

ANGER and FRUSTRATION and over 3 hours wasted overall.

On the phone to Amazon for over an hour - - - extremely complicated procedures, having to type in passwords, giving part of my credit card number, etc etc etc just to try to download the latest Alexa app, which is needed to set up the Studio.

But my ipad won't download the latest app because it is not new enough!!!!!!

So I will have to spend £100s on a new ipad to get the studio to work, so I am about to phone QVC to find out about returning it.

ANGER and FRUSTRATION and over 3 hours wasted overall.
And it won't even connect to Bluetooth, so I can't ven hear what it sounds like at all.

QVC are willing to collect it, so that's one good thing.

My brain is completely frazzled by all the complicated things they suggested trying, and all to no avail.

Now 10pm, been more hours trying to get it to work.

I managed to get the app to work on my smartphone, but had to put in my email address and a password just to get an app! Never needed this with any other app.

And, of course, it was a battle to avoid getting signed up for Amazon music or prime etc

Having finally connected it to my ipad by bluetooth, I have been playing some of my test music which I use to test all speakers.

I find it very disappointing, and not nearly as loud as I expected either, it is supposed to be 30 watts.

I had to adjust the bass considerably in the app to get enough, but then it sounded muddy.

My opinion is that it is not really any better than my Echo plus, which is a fraction of the size and weight. I've always been impressed with the plus and expected this to be much better because of its extra cost, size and weight. And it does take a lot of room too.

I have been interested in HiFi since a teenager, as my best friend's father had a HiFi shop and we were able to use all the very expensive equipment. So I have a fairly good ear.

Over the years, I've kept updating my HiFi, my current one is an all-in-one that cost about £2500.

Although it looks small in the photo, it is not, and needs 2 people to lift it.

PS Not my house, unfortunately.

Ruark-Audio-R7-Mk3-walnut.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your review Strato, think you have saved me £145 and a lot of hassle probably trying to get this to work if I had ordered it. Shame that after all the problems you have had trying to get it to work that is has been a disappointment, but at least Q will collect it. I think for now I will stick with what I have as there is nothing wrong with it and I really don't have a lot of room for anything else.
I think it was a case of the emperor's new clothes for me, with the studio.
Have to say I am impressed with you current hifi set up, that house looked good too!

Thanks so much for your review Strato, think you have saved me £145 and a lot of hassle probably trying to get this to work if I had ordered it. Shame that after all the problems you have had trying to get it to work that is has been a disappointment, but at least Q will collect it. I think for now I will stick with what I have as there is nothing wrong with it and I really don't have a lot of room for anything else.
I think it was a case of the emperor's new clothes for me, with the studio.
Have to say I am impressed with you current hifi set up, that house looked good too!
AN UPDATE - - -
As I said, I was not impressed with the music played as MP3 from my iPad via Bluetooth, but of course both of these are not high quality sources of music, and it sounded no better than my Echo Plus.

But late at night, I discovered free music from Amazon itself, including an Atmos demo. This music was specifically for the Studio, and the sound was SUPERB!

It played Hotel California, and I think it was the best quality I've ever heard. Obviously I've heard it on my HiFi, but I don't have it on CD so again it was on MP3/Bluetooth.

BTW I often say to Alexa "Play radio golden oldies" and it plays non-stop music, with no adverts or announcements. But I accidentally said "Play golden oldies" and it turned out to be Amazon's OWN radio station. No announcements of the music played, but lots of ads for Amazon products every few records.

This morning I've tried Radio 2 and Classic FM and they sound good too, much better than my MP3, even though it is digital and compressed music.

SO I MAY END UP KEEPING IT AFTER ALL.

Now 10pm, been more hours trying to get it to work.

I managed to get the app to work on my smartphone, but had to put in my email address and a password just to get an app! Never needed this with any other app.

And, of course, it was a battle to avoid getting signed up for Amazon music or prime etc

Having finally connected it to my ipad by bluetooth, I have been playing some of my test music which I use to test all speakers.

I find it very disappointing, and not nearly as loud as I expected either, it is supposed to be 30 watts.

I had to adjust the bass considerably in the app to get enough, but then it sounded muddy.

My opinion is that it is not really any better than my Echo plus, which is a fraction of the size and weight. I've always been impressed with the plus and expected this to be much better because of its extra cost, size and weight. And it does take a lot of room too.

I have been interested in HiFi since a teenager, as my best friend's father had a HiFi shop and we were able to use all the very expensive equipment. So I have a fairly good ear.

Over the years, I've kept updating my HiFi, my current one is an all-in-one that cost about £2500.

Although it looks small in the photo, it is not, and needs 2 people to lift it.

PS Not my house, unfortunately.

View attachment 21123
Good grief, if you've had all those issues I don't know how a Luddite like me would have coped 😵 Just read latest post, your tenacity wins the day!

There is more snake oil spoken about HiFi than anything else I can think of, just look at any HiFi magazine, such as gold-plated speaker cables for 100s of pounds, a real case of Emperor's clothes.

Latest posts

Back