What is the weight that - - - -

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
- - - - QVC will collect an item for free?

I've just ordered something weighing 3.5 Kg and wonder if they will collect that if it's not suitable. Otherwise it will cost me a fortune if I have to return it.

I’ve been told in the passed re the Dyson Airwrap I ordered to try on a Birthday/Mothers Day holiday home break away that was planned with our daughter coming from London. Daughter never ended up coming due to the virus we went with our Labrador and managed to get back right before lockdown. I ended up faffing with the contraption and burning my scalp, kept it as long as the 60 days just in case my daughter managed to get home. Without any success of her with a visit and myself using it. I rang CS and they said due to cost of the item they would arrange the collection from myself.

I don't want to phone them because I only ordered it yesterday and don't want them to think I am pre-judging whether I will like it.

But to be HONEST, the real reason is that they compared their price to the Amazon price, and QVC were over £40 cheaper (even with the £5-95 PP), as was everywhere else I tried.

But Amazon prices go up and down like a yoyo, so if they are cheaper by the time I get it, I would buy from them instead.

Also, in my experience, QVC usually has a bargain price just before a new and improved model is released.

If you haven't guessed yet what it is - - - - -

I don't want to phone them because I only ordered it yesterday and don't want them to think I am pre-judging whether I will like it.

But to be HONEST, the real reason is that they compared their price to the Amazon price, and QVC were over £40 cheaper (even with the £5-95 PP), as was everywhere else I tried.

But Amazon prices go up and down like a yoyo, so if they are cheaper by the time I get it, I would buy from them instead.

Also, in my experience, QVC usually has a bargain price just before a new and improved model is released.

If you haven't guessed yet what it is - - - - -

I wouldn’t worry what they think, it’s your money and you’re allowed to judge what you’re buying or change your mind. You’re right about Amazon prices going up and down and yes I’ve noticed that the price is cheaper when a new model is coming out too, QVC buy old stock and sell it at top price, they did it with the Apple iPad, Apple phone and Dyson products, same with the Amazon fire 10” I read a few weeks ago that they’re bringing a new model out at the end of the year, the 10” Fire QVC was selling was brought out in 2019.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/good...zon-might-be-developing-a-new-fire-tablet/amp

Try a courier company. There are loads out there: Parcels 2 Go are good.They have a lot of different companies and you put your item details and get the best price. Loads of pick up or local drop off options to. I use them for heavier larger packages. Very fast service!

I'm sure that there are many unscrupulous people who would get a free return by saying an item was damaged or faulty. We're talking about the Q & we know they don't check the state of returns so wouldn't contradict your claim.

The only reason I look at Q (the website, not live) is to see new gadgets.

I was unaware of this new Echo Alexa until I saw it on Q. Before ordering, I looked at reviews in 3 hi-fi magazines, and they were all good. Obviously I searched the web to see if I could get it cheaper, but Q's price was the best, even with their PP.

So I wasn't expecting to return it UNLESS it turned out to be a superseded model and a better one came out, or it became much cheaper elsewhere.

But it is fairly heavy at 3.5Kg so I thought they may collect it free, but that is no longer the case, according to the replies above.

The only reason I look at Q (the website, not live) is to see new gadgets.

I was unaware of this new Echo Alexa until I saw it on Q. Before ordering, I looked at reviews in 3 hi-fi magazines, and they were all good. Obviously I searched the web to see if I could get it cheaper, but Q's price was the best, even with their PP.

So I wasn't expecting to return it UNLESS it turned out to be a superseded model and a better one came out, or it became much cheaper elsewhere.

But it is fairly heavy at 3.5Kg so I thought they may collect it free, but that is no longer the case, according to the replies above.
I thought the pick-up service for returns was dependent on weight, size and price as well as customer service person’s whim (luck of the draw when you call). Definitely worth asking if you do decide to return it.

Anyway, curse you, Strato. I want one of those now you’ve drawn attention to it!! I don’t really need it, though, even if I would definitely make good use of it, so I’ll think about it for now. I have added it to my Amazon wish list ready to reconsider buying on Amazon Prime Day (July) as their own products are usually the most discounted then. I bought my Echo dots on Prime Day at a ridiculously good price (£44.99 for two Dots and a Smart Plug), also my FireTV Stick which was half price on Prime Day. However, my original Echo Plus came from QVC and was a good price (only saw cheaper many, many months later) so I wouldn’t rule QVC out.

I have just spent nearly an hour reading up on this, watching the presentation, reading the Q reviews and also professional reviews online and I want one now! I am not sure I can forgive you for this, Strato! Are you an Amazon or QVC mole?

I have lost count of my Echos, but I have 3 the same shape as this one but much smaller.

I initially bought one, at a good price with a Smartplug from Amazon, and was so impressed with the sound that I bought 2 more, and I use them in 3 rooms as my main radio, as it is so easy to tell it which programme you want. Unfortunately, they are all out of sync with each other.

And although I am impressed with the sound of my existing ones, the Studio is supposed to be much better again, as well as louder. Also it is supposed to sound stereo.

The smaller one it replaces will probably end up in OH's house, instead of her Dot.

Just had this QVC delivery left by Hermes in my wheelie bin, despite a notice on my door saying that I was in and to ring the bell.

No note left, I only looked in it by chance when it was well overdue.

Latest posts

Back