what should they stop selling?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnieb

Registered Shopper
I'd say Teddy Bears...we are not 6!
kipling bags
Diet Chef...diets are meant to be a change in dietary habits, not a 2/4 week quick fix
gardening stuff, Zzzzzzzzzzz
B mkowsky bags... just like his wifes! Why have a dog and bark yourself??
In fact, there are WAY too many bags on
Fitness equiptment. A) because it reminds me I'm disabled and B) JF usually presents it!
Easy yo
What does anyone else trhink?

#michele hope-pointless
#attitudes by renee (think thats right)-all static
#dennis basso -on morals
#easyio-cannot see the point
#diet chef-cannot see the point when its so available everywhere else
#artscape -sooooooo much in clearance,is it worth it
#carol hochman-so overpriced for nightwear.better competition and prices in high street
#lori greiner-pointless
#suzie b - actually like her stuff but won't pay her prices!!
#KVZ - plastic
#fitness - just so boring
#tova perfume - I just cannot buy perfume from the tv.I need to smell it,perfume is a very personal choice
#indigo moon - jackets,jackets,jackets
#lulu guiness - ridiculous prices
#philosophy - unless they start bringing us all the scrubs and shower gels and ditch all the skincare ( and the woman who presents it!!!!)

What I'd like to see

#Joe Browns - modern fashion,not static
#radley - don't mind the prices for decent leather bags
#decent fashion - think fatface,next,boden
#house interiors - cushions,rugs,curtains,picnic sets,dinner sets - my house is my absolute passion,and would like items for those who are interested in their house - apart from bedding!!!!!all we get is bedding!!!
#good range of swimwear - that is something I would like to try on in the privacy of my own home
#clinique - would buy every tsv,for every member of my family.They'd make a fortune out of me alone!!!!

:whew::whew::whew:

I would love to own a Radley bag, classic, well made but a bit out of my budget, if they did some on easy pays I would be in like a shot. I reckon they will flog whatever stuff people are willing to buy. However imo they really need to up their game as in the past 15 years how and where people shop has changed, feel that QVC is stuck and also a bit complacent hence the lack of anything new and exciting. Bit off topic here so my suggestions are

Kim and Co

Easiyo

Endless bedding shows

For my money, I'd like to see an end to:

All fitness
All current clothing (am still glowing from my brief foray into the racks of the Warrington outlet store)
Bears and all collectibles really

I'd hate it if they stopped selling:

L'Occitane, Liz Earle and Decleor (repeat purchase regular products elsewhere but looove TSVs)
Semi-precious stones and silver jewellery (they do have designs not on the dreaded High Street and good value IMHO)
Northern Nights (though I know now the Outlet is the place to buy)

I'd love them to start to stock:

Furla bags (not cheap but fabulous quality and reckon QVC could get some good prices from bulk buying and EasyPay making it more accessible)
Hotel Choc (sooo much better quality than Thorntons and so less readily available, can't believe anyone would go back to Thorntons when they'd tried this range)
Good footwear - Office, Aldo, Carvela etc (so I could walk in them outside and send them back if they rubbed my feet)

Can't see any of this happening any time soon...good job we all like different things!

For my money, I'd like to see an end to:

All fitness
All current clothing (am still glowing from my brief foray into the racks of the Warrington outlet store)
Bears and all collectibles really

I'd hate it if they stopped selling:

L'Occitane, Liz Earle and Decleor (repeat purchase regular products elsewhere but looove TSVs)
Semi-precious stones and silver jewellery (they do have designs not on the dreaded High Street and good value IMHO)
Northern Nights (though I know now the Outlet is the place to buy)

I'd love them to start to stock:

Furla bags (not cheap but fabulous quality and reckon QVC could get some good prices from bulk buying and EasyPay making it more accessible)
Hotel Choc (sooo much better quality than Thorntons and so less readily available, can't believe anyone would go back to Thorntons when they'd tried this range)Good footwear - Office, Aldo, Carvela etc (so I could walk in them outside and send them back if they rubbed my feet)

Can't see any of this happening any time soon...good job we all like different things!

Oh, yes please!!! The most wonderful chocolate one can taste! It will outsell their DC by 1000:1. :mysmilie_5:

Oh, yes please!!! The most wonderful chocolate one can taste! It will outsell their DC by 1000:1. :mysmilie_5:

Wahey - another Hotel Choc fan - good to meet you! The thing is, if you have just a little bit of good chocolate you feel sated and have consumed far fewer calories than woofing a high fat content bar from elsewhere. I don't like dark choc (can't stand 70%+ cocoa stuff) but Hotel Choc's milk choc is so satisfying and you eat so little relatively speaking to get that chocolate satisfaction! Plus I'm sure research suggests a bit of choc is good for the body, like a bit of red wine...so bring on the Hotel Choc we say! :sun:

I quite like the fitness stuff - not because I'd buy any of the flimsy and bulky stuff but becuase it makes entertaining watching.

But please get rid of those personal hygiene products. I don;t want to hear about/ watch demos of epilators and foot scrapers.

oooh Hotel Choc yes yes a thousands times yes, a TSV would be a dream purchase!! I never gorge on their stuff as it is so lovely cos you get the buzz with just a bite. My son got me into them, he always treats me for bdays and Christmas. I too wish theysold Joe Browns amd I lust after Furla bags I reckon our QVC is too US dominated, they should take a good look at what is really popular here rather then importing some of the bizzare "fashion" we are exposed to

Definately Basso and anyone else who uses real skins in their businessess, I was so shocked when I found out.

Anything else, well, if people like and buy items they are entitled to keep having the choice. I don't get the teddy bears, or the overpriced bags, and I wouldn't buy food from mail order.

Good thread idea! There are far too many electronics shows, I hardly watch QVC at the weekend, as watching peeps sell TV's is hardly fun, computers not so bad, but archos et al zzzzzzzzzz. Wish they wouls sell Apple products though.

they would make a killing with ipods and other apple products also would love OFFICE to be on it's my fave shoe shop if i could get shoes i love on easy pay would be amazing i think they should have a clearout and stock all new brands am getting bored of same old same old

My list would be:-
Kipling bags
Kim and Co
Kirks Folly
L'Occitane
Tova
Elemis
Plants that don't grow
Kanban kits
Cutesy kits
Northern Nights
Handbags (go to TKmaxx)
TV's
Artscape
Bare Escentuals
Smashbox
Cr@p Christmas decks
Butler & Wilson overpriced tat

Last edited:
Kirk's Folly. Dreadful old tripe. If that Jeniieeeeiiiiieeeeffer woman believes in fairies then I, dear readers, am Bernard Manning.

I also think they should stop selling bits of patterned nylon and polyester masquerading as fashion. And anything with a range that 'comes from a top new york/london/paris fashion designer' that no-one has ever heard of. Unless they regularly shop from that man who has the suitcase at the back of Bolton Market.

Ditto skincare that revolves around 'one precious ingredient that no other skincare brand has', that can only be harvested by big breasted virgins, in the moonlight whilst wearing lederhosen and whistling songs from The Shows and then brought straight to us, the consumer so we can smear it over our fizzogs, look in the mirror and go 'is that IT? I've just paid £576.77 with £100 p&p and I don't look ANY YOUNGER!'

I thank you.

Kirk's Folly. Dreadful old tripe. If that Jeniieeeeiiiiieeeeffer woman believes in fairies then I, dear readers, am Bernard Manning.

I also think they should stop selling bits of patterned nylon and polyester masquerading as fashion. And anything with a range that 'comes from a top new york/london/paris fashion designer' that no-one has ever heard of. Unless they regularly shop from that man who has the suitcase at the back of Bolton Market.

Ditto skincare that revolves around 'one precious ingredient that no other skincare brand has', that can only be harvested by big breasted virgins, in the moonlight whilst wearing lederhosen and whistling songs from The Shows and then brought straight to us, the consumer so we can smear it over our fizzogs, look in the mirror and go 'is that IT? I've just paid £576.77 with £100 p&p and I don't look ANY YOUNGER!'

I thank you.

Dear Bernard,

I am that man from the back of Bolton market and I can tell you that my wares are most definitiely 'on tren'. You obviously haven't tried them with a trouser and little pump.

PS: How did you know about the virgins? Thought I'd got away with that one. Must have whistled just that bit too loud...

rainbowdottie;395470 [I said:
What I'd like to see

#Joe Browns - modern fashion,not static
#radley - don't mind the prices for decent leather bags
#decent fashion - think fatface,next,boden
#house interiors - cushions,rugs,curtains,picnic sets,dinner sets - my house is my absolute passion,and would like items for those who are interested in their house - apart from bedding!!!!!all we get is bedding!!!
#good range of swimwear - that is something I would like to try on in the privacy of my own home
#clinique - would buy every tsv,for every member of my family.They'd make a fortune out of me alone!!!![/I]

:whew::whew::whew:

Did you know that they sell Clinique on QVC America rainbowdottie? Not fair is it! :doh: Here's a little kit I quite fancy.......

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...ms.item.A194657.desc.Clinique-Star-Favourites

Latest posts

Back