What the heck!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For young things, you won’t get this but I often think the fashion for women of the 50s and 60s should be brought back.
Not sure I qualify as a “young thing” - early 40’s - but I agree!

In fact they have come back around a couple of times!

I think the 40’s and 50’s fashion esp in the fabrics of the day would be too stiff and formal for a lot of people to wear every day now, been spoilt by Lycra and leisurewear!

But the styles and fit and quality was amazing and a lot of it just beautiful.

When I was younger and well - and before vintage became a “thing” and therefore extortionate! - I used to raid my Grannie’s and mum’s old clothes and wore those a lot.

Plus I used to go to our market which had a wonderful vintage stall - as well as jumble sales!
I loved a pencil skirt with a twin set or blouse and jacket and so many treasures.

I sang in a choir at uni and we got asked to sing at several May balls, I managed to get some amazing cotton and brocade vintage ball gowns to wear. They’ve got sweetheart or halter necks and neat bodices with full long skirts... Sigh!

Still now I sometimes get them out to put on - the waist on one is too neat now alas - and wear around the house just to feel pretty for a bit! ;)

Latest posts

Back