What the heck!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's probably the second most "wrong" garment I've seen on Q. Like I said, it looks like someone's stitched up two halves of two different dresses. Perhaps that's what happened and somebody said, throw a few embellishments at it and nobody will notice. I wouldn't wear that if they paid me to do so, let alone pay over £40 for the privilege! The winner and sadly I can't find a picture but it was flappy cape/jumper - It was mighty weird. I'm sure someone posted a pic on here some time ago! just searched and think this is it, sadly can't see the back properly cos that looked just as horrific! Ps. I 've changed my mind, the FU dress is worse..mmm FU - very apt indeed!
1649529290870.png

Last edited:
They have got away with hi=low hems on tops for years because it’s not so noticeable over trousers but this , which even if all the same length, is totally the wrong shape for a short dress. IMO a short dress needs to be fitted otherwise it looks like a baby doll nightie unless you are a young teen with legs to die for.

But it’s “edgy “ don’t you know😇
It's got more edges than it should have that's for sure!
It looks like its been designed for a humped back transgender Quasimodo but the thing which surprises me more than anything are the two 5 star reviews !
I think we can immediately discount the second 5 star review . She was pleased with the quality , then said that the sizing was completely wrong, and that it looked like she was wearing a tent! That to me is a 2 or 3 star review. I saw it being modelled on the show, and the natural leopard one didn't look too bad on the model, especially when they said it would be an ideal beach cover up. I agreed with that, but immediately thought, that's a lot of money to spend on something like that. Then they suggested that it can be worn with leggings and out came a model wearing the blue leopard with white leggings and she looked absolutely ridiculous! Sadly, they didn't show anyone the plain blue one, which I think is the worst by a long way, the pointless embellishment is far more prominent, as are the weird mismatching hemlines, possibly because it hasn't got the print to hide behind!
Like all of the clothes in Q's ranges, this garment is hideously overpriced. At a quick glance it looks like something you might pick up for a tenner in Primark.

For young things, you won’t get this but I often think the fashion for women of the 50s and 60s should be brought back.
Funny you should say that because my 16 year old granddaughter has her school leaving prom soon. Most of her friends have gone for sparkly long strappy dresses but she wanted a vintage look. She`s got this dress in the link below and a full net underskirt to go under it plus vintage styled shoes and her hair will be done in a wavy style. She loves retro clothes and is frequently found in charity shops looking for a retro outfit. The dress is lovely BTW and made here in the uk, its royal blue velvet.

Funny you should say that because my 16 year old granddaughter has her school leaving prom soon. Most of her friends have gone for sparkly long strappy dresses but she wanted a vintage look. She`s got this dress in the link below and a full net underskirt to go under it plus vintage styled shoes and her hair will be done in a wavy style. She loves retro clothes and is frequently found in charity shops looking for a retro outfit. The dress is lovely BTW and made here in the uk, its royal blue velvet.
The dress is a gorgeous colour, fabric and shape and I’m sure your granddaughter will look and feel fabulous in it! :)

My two nieces - 15 and 17yo - are both massively in to vintage fashion too.
As was and am I!

Same applies to home wares...

Love a charity shop or a vintage shop and they do these sales locally which the girls go to, where you buy clothes (vintage and preloved etc), by weight? It makes the clothes more affordable for them and it’s great fun so I’m told

Latest posts

Back