What to choose..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
Hello

Wonder if anyone can share some of their wisdom/advice with me (you are all normally all very helpful)

I use Elemis, I have sensitive skin, which doesn't break out when using it, but I have red/brown patches on my skin and lines under my eyes, which hasn't changed since using Elemis (year and a half ago..). The biggest change is probably my bank balance (although I try to stick to tsvs only...)

Anyway have always liked the look of Judith Williams and Flora Mare...

I see JW is today and it's such great value was wondering whether to take the plunge and try it...

Has anyone compared either JW or FM to Elemis? Should I try changing? Maybe it's time for a change?

Thanks in advance for any help given x

Never tried Judith Williams but have read than quite a few have problems with the brand as its highly perfumed.

The red/brown patches could be sun damage(you need to wear a high spf every day), or go to your doctor as it could be mild rosacea?

Honest answer about line under or round the eyes, no product will get rid of them. You are talking plastic surgery, some do swear by retinol but no way would I use that near the eyes.

Thanks for your reply, wear spf 50 always (am allergic to sun, have been since childhood) so go out in sun when I need to covered in spf (don't do beach hols etc) the JW perfume is putting me off though... I'm the allergic to just about everything (4 pages worth at my last patch test...was actually allergic to the bloomin patches go figure) think I'll give this tsv a miss then...

Until a miraculous cream is invented I'll stick to elemis...

I'm put off so many skin creams because of the overpowering use of fragrance in them. It doesn't matter how miraculous they claim to be, if I can't stand the smell I can't use it. Liz Earle moisturisers are the worst to me, although I like C&P. I took a chance on JW range when first on Q, it smelled so strong it went straight back.

I always use Elemis Pro Collagen cream, lovely texture and smell, and that scent disappears within about 5 minutes anyway. Had a sample of their pro definition cream though, and it had an awful dry down smell similar to Liz Earle, I think it could be borage oil, but not sure.
I stick to things now that I know and love, like PCMC, and I have the new spf 30 version as well.

Like you I am allergic to everything. I can and do use PCMC all over my face and oxygenating night cream but can't tolerate anything else in the range. I love La Roche Posay (Boots) and their comprehensive range covers different concerns. I use Rozex (prescription, not sure if available without) for rosacea and it has calmed my skin down really well. My skin reacts to perfume, lanolin, aloe vera, any oil. The smell of Decleor gives me migraines!

Latest posts

Back