What wrong items have you received?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alibeth

Birdy
There's a new 'advert' between the shows with a totally satisfied customer (actress?) saying that in her 10 years of shopping with QVC she's never had a wrong item sent.
I have a feeling that there's a whole different story for other customers, including me.
In my 8 years of shopping I have received a Quacker Factory top ( good god!) instead of a Beth Terrell silk camisole; a ghastly Butler & Wilson bright gold leopard bag instead of a Kipling; an entirely different Centigrade coat to the one I ordered and a couple of empty jewellery boxes!
How about you?

Interesting question Alibeth. I'm curious to see how many others have been affected by this too.

I ordered the Ultrasonex Twin Toothbrushes for my friend and her hubby for Christmas.
(BTW, I wasn't trying to tell her something! She'd wanted one for some time.)
Anyway, she ended up receiving a jewellery case but she checked the delivery note stuck to the front, and a good job she did, in order to discover the mix up!

Getting it sorted out was complicated as I'd ordered it, not her. She called Customer Services, but they said they needed to speak to me as they needed my PIN. Then I ended up calling them to try and arrange return and replacement. It took quite a while to sort out and then she had a bit of a wait as I think there were stock issues. All in all, a bit of a disappointment as she didn't get the gift in time for Christmas, but hey, she's got it now.

It could have been worse. Just imagine the other products she could have received. Eek. :tongue:

I once received a completely different style and size of diamonique ring to the one I'd ordered: the paperwork was actually for the ring I'd ordered, but the item itself was wrong - I phoned customer service to sort it out and returned it. Oh, and I also received some sort of garden item - a plastic hose or something - completely out of the blue - again, I phoned customer service and sorted it out: that was a weird one because i've never ordered a gardening item ever.

In a ahem medicated moment I rashly ordered a clogau gold ring but received a gent's stainless steel watch worth about a quarter of the price. TBH I was quite relieved as it gave me time to come to my senses and the return cost me nothing. :sun:

I've had a couple of last clicks garments in completely the wrong size: Beth Terrel jumper and Carol Hochman PJs - the PJ's were a mis-matched size so I reckon a previous customer had ordered 2 pairs cos they needed a small top and a H_U_G_E bottoms because I'd received the opposite.

There have been others so I'll be back when I remember.

Jude xx

I've never received a totally different product but I've had things missing from TSV's (beauty collections) or arriving with a dodgy lid so product has leaked out all over the place. I really hate those adverts. They are totally misleading when they say everything is always exactly as described. Lets face it, with all the presenters wittering about how many gazillion have gone in the last 2 minutes, and running through all the different ways you can order, and waffling about their kids or their holidays, there's often not much time left for a detailed description of the products!

I've had the wrong colour arrive & when I've rung in it has been insisted to me before they have even opened my account I MUST have ordered that particular colour. No apology either when they have seen that it is THEIR fault.

Years back my Mum sent for a set of saucepans & had a sewing machine turn up:mysmilie_506: The receipt said saucepans. Being the honest person she is she rung & told them about it & they collected. The saucepans however had sold out. They did give her a £15 credit on her account for the inconvenience but that was in the good old days when QVC thought more of good customer relations.

In a ahem
and Carol Hochman PJs - the PJ's were a mis-matched size so I reckon a previous customer had ordered 2 pairs cos they needed a small top and a H_U_G_E bottoms because I'd received the opposite.
Jude xx

I've just received a pair of Carol Hochman's PJ's which are much bigger than they should be. I have two other pairs the same (in different colours) so I know what the size should be. I think they've got the wrong size label in them and QVC are in the process of sending me a label to return them.

In the past I've also had wrong sizes sent (Birkenstocks) wrong colours sent (Markon Boots and an Indigo Moon jacket), broken items (jewellery) and empty boxes (jewellery). In all cases I've had no trouble returning them free of charge and either had them replaced or refunded.

The only time I've ever really had a problem was trying to return a Centigrade leather coat that I just decided I didn't like when it arrived. It took ages to get it picked up because they wouldn't collect from my office (where I have everything delivered) and I wasn't at home for it to be picked up from there as I work full time. Eventually they arranged for Parcelforce to collect it from my office about 6/7 weeks after it arrived.

The only minor irritation is that when things are faulty they never automatically refund the P&P, I always have to chase that up.

i got a leather centigrade jacket once instead of the coat i ordered. i didnt bother sending it back as it would have cost me money so i sold it to a friend for the amount i paid for it. she was happy and i wasnt that bothered about the coat.
i have also received the wrong size rings before. luckily they were not expensive ones so i gave them away to my girlfriends for birthday etc.

I ordered Talika eyebrow lipocils (when they sold the range) costs £20.00

I received a supersize 50ml prescriptives super line preventor. I contacted QVC and they gave me a £5.00 voucher for my inconvenience. They sent a label and back it went - bet that counted as a customer return lol Sorry going off topic here I also got an out of date alpha h serum, the age delay oil when it was called something else. I had to fight to get a returns label for that one and I gues that was counted as a return on my account too!!!

i got a leather centigrade jacket once instead of the coat i ordered. i didnt bother sending it back as it would have cost me money so i sold it to a friend for the amount i paid for it. she was happy and i wasnt that bothered about the coat.
i have also received the wrong size rings before. luckily they were not expensive ones so i gave them away to my girlfriends for birthday etc.

It wouldn't have cost you to return them as it was their mistake borednow.
Last week I received a Dennis Basso coat (it may have been the tsv ~ I'm not sure as I don't watch his shows) instead of a last clicks windchime. They sent someone to collect the offending garment the next day.
I did however have to phone and remind them to refund the windchime ( it was out of stock) as days went by with no sign of a refund or return status on my a/c.

It wouldn't have cost you to return them as it was their mistake borednow.
Last week I received a Dennis Basso coat (it may have been the tsv ~ I'm not sure as I don't watch his shows) instead of a last clicks windchime. They sent someone to collect the offending garment the next day.
I did however have to phone and remind them to refund the windchime ( it was out of stock) as days went by with no sign of a refund or return status on my a/c.

You should have kept the coat and sold on ebay. You would have been quids in!

Loving some of these experiences. I'm not sure which is more ridiculous, a sewing machine instead of saucepans or a coat instead of windchimes!
I can understand little mistakes with sizing or colour but how can blunders like this happen? I appreciate the huge stock in their warehouse & number of orders that go out each day but even so they must employ enough staff to check that the right things are sent out.
I have to say that I have had no problem returning goods but what a pain when the item I really wanted is now out of stock or because of their mistake my returns level goes up and looks bad on my account.

I bought 2 kim and co dresses for my nana (honest:sweat:) to choose the best fit.one arrived (the one that we didn't think would fit - typical!!) and the other was a george simonton jacket.I wrote to QVC and had a huge fit,as both sizes were showing in stock - and then the missing size wasn't.I explained that I had given my money in good faith and ended up with a load of hassle.I recieved a £10 voucher.

I once ordered a clogau pendant and recieved a different clogau pendant.

I've recieved many wrong sizes and many items faulty or bits missing.

I have received a k/s feather bed topper instead of a scrapbook, some honora earrings instead clothing, I have had so many items where the wrong option has been sent (never the fault of qvc), some other craft mix ups. They are always good at collecting or sending pre-paid labels to return but usually the original item has sold out!

I once ordered some Christmas lights from a sale hour and a different set arrived. They cost a couple of pounds more but were pretty so it wasn't worth the hassle of changing them.
Many many tears ago I ordered some skin care and a different product arrived. I called CS but they made out that it had to be my fault so I simply sent it back for a refund. In hindsight I am sure that I hadn't made a mistake but I was a beginner at the time and obviusly didn't have you lot to help me out.
Other than that, no mistakes in over ten years.

Ordered a CE 20cm saucepan and received a telescope - and it was a big one! Ordered a London blue topaz ring and received an empty box. Ordered PK Elasticizer and got a Liz Earle set. Ordered a tiffany style lighthouse lamp that was about £20 and I received a whole case of them - 8 I think!

I have received quite a few wrong items but then again I order a lot of things and I've been a QVC customer for 16 years. The two that stick in my mind were when I ordered some Philosophy shower gel and received a Northern Nights duvet and when I odered a Charlie Bear and received a set of crafting paper! I think the warehouse staff are all long overdue an eye test!

Ordered a tiffany style lighthouse lamp that was about £20 and I received a whole case of them - 8 I think!

Did they count these as 8 returns for purposes of your return record Concordia? We'll never know! :angry:

Jude xx

I've had a couple of minor mix up's but the funniest has to be when I order a bottle of AlphaH skin lotion and received a huuuuge kipling suitcase!!! When I telephoned customer services the lady I spoke to couldn't stop laughing - when she did she said 'Oh just a thought have you looked inside the case to see if it is in there'!!!!!! (it wasn't). Luckily they arranged for it to be collected!!! J.

Latest posts

Back