What wrong items have you received?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

interesting thread....i have received bits of kits missing and once had no box at all and just the delivery slip!!! but my best (worst) one was when i had to call to give new cc details...i had already placed an order so the operator placed the order again but put in the wrong items so i ended up with completely wrong items...

Moral Question?

In future if you were sent an item worth considerably more than the item ordered would you omit to let them know and keep the "wrong" item?

Discuss!

Jude xx

In future if you were sent an item worth considerably more than the item ordered would you omit to let them know and keep the "wrong" item?

Discuss!

Jude xx

Yes I would keep the more expensive item but only if I would have use for it, which judging by QVCS current inventory , is highly unlikely

Discuss!

Jude xx

Do you know I've often wondered if I should have done that - when, ages ago, I received a video (as in video player) instead of a t-shirt. It took so long to collect that I thought (hoped!) they'd forgotten about it!

I wasn't so keen on keeping the foul plastic boots that arrived instead of Markon leather boots last winter. Twice.

I ordered the Gale Hayman Lip Lift Duo and received 4 of the Lip Lifts (I was charged the price of the duo.) Needless to say I kept all four of them and didn't say a word!

Discuss!

Jude xx

No, under normal circumstances my conscience wouldn't let me , but if they had upset me in any way previously ie, receiving 'the letter', or experiencing really terrible CS (the kind that makes you want to tear your hair out and hit yourself repeatedly over the head with the phone) then I'd probably feel some justification in hanging onto the more expensive item in a retributive sort of way. Morally wrong, but bureaucracy gone mad, in all it's forms ,has that effect on me. :bandit:

yes, I've had some wrong picks too. DIY items sent instead of a pan set. Items with parts missing etc. Only last week, I received a wrong pick - I had ordered a ring but received a set of a trio of rings instead. To be fair, QVC did send me a prepaid returns label.

I recall another ST member writing on a similar thread last year that she ordered some face cream to help minimise lines and help her chin profile and she received a car jack instead - that really tickled me, reading that :giggle: ( my warped sense of humour, methinks :cheeky:)

had different style ring to the one I ordered, and beauty items. They however have been more miss then hit lately. A A'Kin set had to be send back as it leaked everywhere, the oil did not have the top on . The replacement had one item missing and : drum roll here:
the replacement to the replacement had not been sealed properly on the facewash and so that had leaked everywhere. I finally had the kit for free ( a 3rd replacment) and a full refund. All took 1 whole month!! I have not ordered from them since. So much for convinience:smirk:

No, under normal circumstances my conscience wouldn't let me , but if they had upset me in any way previously ie, receiving 'the letter', or experiencing really terrible CS (the kind that makes you want to tear your hair out and hit yourself repeatedly over the head with the phone) then I'd probably feel some justification in hanging onto the more expensive item in a retributive sort of way. Morally wrong, but bureaucracy gone mad, in all it's forms ,has that effect on me. :bandit:

Exactly my feelings PP, which just reinforces my vew that treating the customer with courtesy and making the effort to keep the customer happy would pay dividends for a big company like QVC. I can't walk off with extra change in a shop, knowing the salesperson will be pulled up for the discrepency; but once you've got to this point :headbang: with QVC customer services, I won't go out of my to return an item if it's something i can use!

Jude xx

The most frequent mistakes I have recieved are in jewellary. I have twice had empty boxes, like the op, on on two other occasions I have had a totally different item arrive. It's frustrating as they have been out of stock of the item I ordered by the time the wrong thing has arrived. I have also recieved size 7 black boots instead of size 6 shoes and various incorrect craft items.

Not exactly on topic, but I once fancied a pair of Markon boots, knee length with about 3" heels. I was perplexed with the sizing, which went from 3-10. Knowing the company came from the US I wondered if they had put down the US sizes. Rang CS and asked and was told that no the sizes were UK, they were meant to be unisex boots!:thinking: :mysmilie_507: I ordered my usual size (7) and sure enough when they arrived they were US sizes. Another return.

Ordered something from bobbi brown and got an eyeliner and brush from Range instead. I had thought about the liner so was actually quite a fortuitous mistake! Kept eyeliner and brush though I was a good girl and rang them. They sent the original BB items without charging postage so turned out good!

I once received a Molton Brown Tsv instead of a craft TSV,they sent me out another craft TSV said that a courier would be round to collect the wrong TSV. needless to say the courier never materialised the craft TSV was credited as replaced on my account and the Molton Brown TSV sat on my window sill for a year until I donated it to the school fair............assumed QVC didn't want it back!!!!!

Discuss!

Jude xx

In life generally I vacillate on this one. If it's going to affect a real 'little' person (like Jude's example of being given too much change in a shop) then I hand it back, having been the 'little' person in question and knowing the way some High Street employers deal with situations like these. However in moments of inane stupidity or incompetence (many detailed in this thread) I admit I do question why should I chase a retailer/service provider to tell them they've made a mistake in my favour. There's still room for small victories of 'little' people against global capitalism (up the workers :muscle: :giggle:) Hence why I posted on another thread that I live in hope of receiving £2000's worth of South Sea Pearls when I place a £10 Last Clicks order - it'll go some way to reimbursing me for six years of P&P...

Back to the original question - I've had one Poxytane TSV that had leaked everywhere, didn't know about DSR then and couldn't be bothered to send it back so just decanted it. Once had £3.95 P&P refunded when a rather more expensive piece of jewellery arrived without the wooden box. And just remembered, a TSV from a nailcare brand once failed to arrive, I duly filled in the forms to get my refund and then lo and behold a couple of months - yes months - later it appeared, rather bashed up, by the back door (which we used all the time, so it can't have been missed.) I can't in all honesty say I rang QVC to inform them without haste. Can't actually say I rang to inform them at all...:wink: :mysmilie_845:

Last edited:
Just last week I returned a box of L'Occitane soap instead of a Gatineau kit. I was furious because the soap is worth far less than the Gatineau products. Still waiting for the refund. I'm afraid this is the final straw for me - I'm currently doing 'cold turkey' trying to wean myself off my QVC habit. I'm fed up of the hassle when things go wrong.

I had some Gatinau (can't spell it) stuff not turn up so moaned to them and they sent a new one out. then two months later the original turned up in a squashed looking box but contents fine. I have to confess I kept it!

I ordered a pack of two Trespass fleeces and found they were in odd sizes. I've had the wrong size in Quacker tops a couple of times and the last top I received was missing sequins where there were supposed to be some and indentation marks/globs of glue on the shoulder where it looked like someone had thought sequins were supposed to go and thought better of it.

I ordered a set of bracelets from Lola Rose and got the wrong colours sent. They were replaced with the right colours but missing the special travel pouch (that cost £9) and when I asked CS to replace it they sent me the normal pink velvet bag instead.

Order Birkies and received the wrong style. Phoned CS to have them replaced and they were reordered - and I got sent the wrong style again.

Other Lola Rose purchases have been sent with chips, scratch marks or writing on the presentation box "This looks cheap" which was a bit of an issue since I was giving it as a present :sweat:

I'm always slightly apprehensive when I open a QVC package now to see what's inside LOL.

Latest posts

Back