Whatever happened..........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
to all the colours that made Kipling a show worth watching ?

Marie Francoise mentioned tonight that Kipling employ a designer that works solely for producing designs for QVC. Says it all really. But blue dots, khaki, grey dots, navy twill, black twill, rose metallic (which was the colour palette in tonights show), are about as inspiring as... mud. Even the prints in recent years have bordered on the dark and uninteresting.

Like most, I have bags from over a decade ago, and to say they are a riot of colour is an understatement. I have turquoise, mustard, sea green, canary yellow, green sequins, silver sequins, lime green, deep purple, a stone tote with gold leather trim and lavender lining, black leather, snow white and the rest, and each one is a unique design, whether they be grab handles, cross body, and a great cabin bag in a beige and white large floral design, and definitely not the same old same old.

So what happened ? I have enough to last out my lifetime, but I have probably only bought 3 since Marie Francoise became the ambassador (nothing against her of course). But for me the Kipling brand has been pretty boring compared to what it used to be.

Yes Brissles I too was a big Kipling fan years ago when they had the basic range but unique fabrics and finishes which changed all the time.Wherever I went I would seek out the shop and would never miss a TSV on QVC. To say now they are boring now is an understatement and basic on Q means pared down to the minimum.The last one I bought was when I went to Belgium for a day last December.It is a satin finish fabric with more metal looking zip pulls and no fluffy monkey.I like it but I think I had Euros burning a hole in my pocket and wanted to treat myself on my day out
( that was the last one!)Even on their own website the variety is not the same either.
The only shops I would know now would be in London, if they are still there? The one in Manchester was not there very long before it closed.We have moved on & Kipling are no longer value for money either, simple!

We don’t have any shops which sell them so it was Q or nothing. I was never very interested until I semi retired and use them a lot more often as to me they are for casual use only. Far too expensive on Q and on Kipling on line, I buy from eBay shops, might be last years colour but at a saving of £30 plus am I buvvered?

i remember how the shows sold out in minutes now it appears to happen to only one colour per show.

I too have some Kipling from years back, I always liked the plain designs.

Not sure but were Kipling bought out? That would explain a lot as the new owners sticking with the safe designs and what sells. Or have Kipling decided to stick to boring knowing it sells.

Weird, I got an email from Kipling last week which I did not open. Thought how did they get my email and then remembered I bought directly from them years back when they had a sale on. Many on here used to do that wait for the sales they did as better value than QVC.

And like a lot of the promos for the brand on QVC, the products shown never tally up with whats on offer in the presentations. The double handed large handbag/tote in the promo has (I dont think) ever been shown, but I did buy it from the now defunct vente privee at a much reduced price.

I think a great generic colour for Kipling would be 'Kipling Sludge' :)

Since the take over, and the now use of rubber and metal monkeys that quite frankly scare the bejeezus out of you, £100 for a nylon bag you can get anywhere for under a tenner is playing on Kipling fans. I haven’t bought one for years, can’t see myself ever buying one again, yes the colours are dull, gone are the prints and quirky styles, now they’re regimental colours and designs.

Like you, if I was going to be tempted, I wouldn't even think of QVC's prices. I still watch the shows on replay, but I mainly watch the left hand side where the prices are and only slow down if it's below £50, and even then I can usually get a similar nylon bag but without the logo or monkey for well under £20. Anyway, I've also now got what I need so they won't be making a fortune out of me.

I have lots of Kipling bags from over the years, but it's a long time since I bought one. I go to the shop in Cheshire Oaks from time to time, and even there the prices have crept up. I have seen a bag on Amazon similar to a Kipling that I am going to get when I get paid, it's £18. It's a great pattern too.

It was a pity VP closed but TBH the last few Kipling sales were pathetic in comparison to the early ones.

i get emails every day from eBay shops selling brand new Kipling and the variations in the prices for the exact same bag and pattern are eye watering so someone somewhere is being taken for a ride (and it ain’t mej

I agree LATI. There were real bargains to be had and I bought loads starting at £6 for pencil/brushes cases to £20 for a backpack, and were great for Christmas presents, but as you say, the last few sales before they finished were expensive compared to previous years.

Hello lovelies hope you are all well 😘
Not been here for quite a while ( adverts were driving me insane but wow ! What a lovely site it is now 😃) .... but I’ve never forgotten you all .... yes the Kipling colours QVC are weird aren’t they ? And the designs ... so different as you all mentioned .. what on Earth has happened?...

Hello lovelies hope you are all well 😘
Not been here for quite a while ( adverts were driving me insane but wow ! What a lovely site it is now 😃) .... but I’ve never forgotten you all .... yes the Kipling colours QVC are weird aren’t they ? And the designs ... so different as you all mentioned .. what on Earth has happened?...
Good to see you back, and hope you have been ok during these strange times.
Quality is not what it was, at least as far as what they sell on QVC is concerned... I returned the last bag I bought.

It’s not just Kipling. Q is on mute and I thought the item showing was a nighty or jammy top or those bed jackets your gran wore in hospital - but no - it was a Kim item original price £65 reduced to a few pence short of £40 plus a fiver post.

Wet Evie is on with Chunts. Her suggestion - each time you wear an outfit take a photo and photograph all your clothes so if you don’t know what to wear you can flick through all your photos to help you decide.WTF! More time than sense.

Chunts was delighted and said that she does this with all her make up. Well I suppose if you have zillions of freebies you can do this sort of thing.

Latest posts

Back