What's Going On?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've mentioned the Armani's in my edit whilst you were typing your reply how spooky

He has made me cold at times but surely he cannot be allowed to be lost to TV in at least some capacity?

I must sound very hypocritical given what i've said about him in the past but I guess you only truly value something when you lose it. The rest of them will be quickly forgotten but Peter has to find a home.

He has made me cold at times but surely he cannot be allowed to be lost to TV in at least some capacity?

I must sound very hypocritical given what i've said about him in the past but I guess you only truly value something when you lose it. The rest of them will be quickly forgotten but Peter has to find a home.

I hope he comes back somewhere as long as it's on Freeview

Hands up did you read it in his voice? 1 thing I am sure of is he may be gone but many of us will still hear him talking in our heads.

Code:
Sadly I feel Peter's new home may be YouTube, it's hard to imagine him fitting into a proper tv channel

I think cock shopping is the ideal place. The guy setting it up has worked at bid so I'm sure he would love to not only bag the channels award winning star presenter and not only the biggest of the sellers but to inject a unique style to the newest of the shopping channels

I hope he comes back somewhere as long as it's on Freeview

Hands up did you read it in his voice? 1 thing I am sure of is he may be gone but many of us will still hear him talking in our heads.

Whatever his shortcomings (of which there were many) I fail to see how he couldn't have made a lasting impression on anyone who watched him regularly.

Most of the rest of them are just run of the mill, much of a muchness stooges (or far, far worse) but there's absolutely no doubt that there was nobody else like him on Shopping TV.

But given what's happened maybe there's a good reason for that :mysmilie_59:

This was posted on Digital Spy:

Good evening!

I've taken a little interest in this business and perused a few of the comments on here with genuine interest from what are clearly the lay persons points of view. I myself am in the national mainstream broadcast media and business and have been for a very long time now. One of my daughters happens to know a gentleman, who shall remain nameless, who has been connected in a front of house position in this business and having had a little chat with her during the weekend this subject surrounding TV shopping and the closure of the Sit Up group businesses cropped up. Despite the comments I have read here I am lead to believe that there were many on the front line who were fully aware of the truth of their situation. My daughter actually quoted one of these gentlemen presenters as saying to her recently, quote "I am one of those violinists who is carrying on playing as the Titanic goes down, keeping up appearances, knowing it's in vain". It would be discourteous to name the quoted individual but I am lead to believe that they continued to work front of house within the business. During our conversation she also stated that the gentleman in question seemed to have a disregard for the actual consumer, and related this was a widespread issue that had been allowed to develop, and that he described and admitted to her a front of house (presentation) staff who were lackadaisical, and knew they were no longer dealing in quality merchandise.

I've summarised quite briefly above to keep it succinct for the benefit of those interested. I am unable to take things any further without compromising the integrity of both my daughter and the individual in the business she was talking about, whom I've taken the liberty to view via our trusty friend You Tube and quite honestly was open jawed.

My daughter said that all the hard working people behind the scenes doing the usual work of a retail business deserve total sympathy for their sudden losses but that based on her own chats with the gentleman I've deliberately not named, she would not have a lot of time for any of the front of house presentation staff involved, some whom he called "jokers" and "not the most honest" apparently.

That is my little bit of light shining on this subject for you, via my daughter who was very chatty on this subject in recent days. I will not be entertaining any further correspondence on the matter, but felt a few moments of my time to place on record another aspect was worthwhile.

Many thanks.

Intersstingly I emailed the administrators asking why the Bid site didn't have a link with details of administration and this afternoon it changed, maybe they were going to do it anyway but maybe I pushed them :p

Latest posts

Back