What's Going On?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surprised they aren't trading still. Sounds more like liquidation?

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

No!! I've only just found out!! What am I going to do now!!?? How will I know what steam is? How will I know how I can dress up or dress down all those beautiful clothes they sold, all the ones that bale and fold? How will I know what to wear with the leggins, the jeggins that pleated skirt? What perfume should i wear now that Peter Sherlock isn't around to advise me? Poor Paul Herrington, he gave up Bobbi Brown to work at Bid TV!!! And, my best above them all favourite, Mike Mason! I'll miss hearing all about the goddess and the little'un, how he's afraid/ not afraid of the dark, how he loves daddy's pooter, oh, I could go on but I'm too upset........please, can any one tell me....what were Peters' last words?

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

I'm guessing the backers pulled out that were supposedly going to invest the funds.

Why they didn't they get all the presenters and staff to say goodbye how rude.

For god sake they have gone bankrupt, they can't just go back on air and start saying ta-ta, they have lost their jobs may not get paid would you want to go back on air after being told you unemployed with no pay.

From the Slash Goddess's Facebook page today;

'The company Mike worked for has just ceased trading, rather abruptly, and he is owed £12,000 wages which he's been told by the legal team we'll never receive. Furious is an understatement'

For god sake they have gone bankrupt, they can't just go back on air and start saying ta-ta, they have lost their jobs may not get paid would you want to go back on air after being told you unemployed with no pay.

The contracted presenters are being paid up apparently, the freelancers (like Mike) obviously won't be. If it is true about them paying the presenters up then surely its not a bankruptcy.

'The company Mike worked for has just ceased trading, rather abruptly, and he is owed £12,000 wages which he's been told by the legal team we'll never receive. Furious is an understatement'

Ah well, never mind.

I reckon that over the last few years Mason has shifted much more than £12k of stock on the back of, at best, incredibly disingenuous sales pitches.

He had his snout in the trough and sadly he's had it cut off. I feel for him but not as much as the customers who were told JPD might be be stocked by Debenhams or those that bought a Dongle on the back of his complete and utter bullshit :mysmilie_59:

I could go on but it would be futile. The inevitable happened so get over it Goddess and Gollum.

A new career for arsene wenger when he leaves arsenal buy situp, he can afford it.

They might still do yet. The way this has been done suggests that its been forced Administration (HMRC or the Banks have had enough and now want their money, so they've put them into administration) rather than voluntary administration (the Company have decided that they've hit a brick wall, and want to wind things down)..

I would imagine the first job the administrators will have is to assess whether they have any stock (which is unlikely - I think most of their stuff comes direct from suppliers these days) - and then if they have got stock, they'll decide whether its more financially viable to go back on air (keeping in mind that there are costs involved with that - airtime, camera crews, etc) - or to sell the stock as a job lot by the pallet load to the highest bidder.

I think if they'd definitely decided that they weren't trading, then the channels would have gone off air completely. I suspect that if they decide that they're going to get rid of the current stock by selling as a job lot, then the channels will go off air completely once they've made a final decision.

At the end of the day, its the administrators job to raise as much money as possible, in the cheapest and quickest way possible - so they'll work out their options first.

I have little sympathy. The questionable sales tactics, bending of the truth, flogging cheap tat at rip off prices, etc has come back to haunt them. The presenters have to accept their share of the blame for allowing themselves to sell products in this way. The only people I feel sorry for are the little guys further down the chain (the guys that work in the warehouse, call centre staff, etc) who are just doing a normal job to earn a living. I don't feel sorry for the presenters or the people who make the orders to sell products in that way.

I just really hope now that once the administrators have done their bit, that the current or previous owners can't buy the company back from the Administrators again for peanuts and start all over again. (Obviously the same individuals can't because they'll have a black mark against their name - but so many companies re-start with a clean slate after buying back from administrators under their wife/brother/sister's name. It's all wrong and I don't agree with it - but the law says that they can do that. Scandalous.

A new career for arsene wenger when he leaves arsenal buy situp, he can afford it.

Interesting idea Adam.

He could buy a shed load of last years shirts and shill them as not only the latest of the designs, not only the best of the Viscose, you can dress it up, dress it down. I love this, I really do.

Considering he earned most if not all of that by selling tat as if it was special, bending the truth to the point of breaking it and using his partner and child in stories to get the sale, I think he should walk away and count himself lucky he probably wound be accountable for his lies. Go on Mike, go beg Gala bingo, if you are lucky you will get to call out numbers in one of their halls.

PJ

Ah well, never mind.

I reckon that over the last few years Mason has shifted much more than £12k of stock on the back of, at best, incredibly disingenuous sales pitches.

He had his snout in the trough and sadly he's had it cut off. I feel for him but not as much as the customers who were told JPD might be be stocked by Debenhams or those that bought a Dongle on the back of his complete and utter bullshit :mysmilie_59:

I could go on but it would be futile. The inevitable happened so get over it Goddess and Gollum.

Did he really need his legal team to tell him that?

Everyone knows that if you work freelance, and the company that you work for goes bump, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

However, he could always talk to a worry angel about his predicament. They're amazing for relieving this kind of worry....... apparently.

We should get £12,000 for having had to listen to all the rubbish he's come out with! If he's owed that much, when was the last time he got paid?

Have they boarded up and gone ome?

Rumour has it that Dirty Peter won't accept it.

He's all set for the One Day Special at 2200 but he's doing it from Acton High Street.

Just like his old McDonald days, he's gone full circle :mysmilie_59:

Did he really need his legal team to tell him that?

Everyone knows that if you work freelance, and the company that you work for goes bump, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

However, he could always talk to a worry angel about his predicament. They're amazing for relieving this kind of worry....... apparently.

I think he should take his own advice as, trust me, nobody else will ever be listening to his bullshit anymore :mysmilie_59:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3SpLfjIo8c

It's never good to hear of people losing their jobs. However, in recent years, the Bid management displayed a casual but relentless contempt for their viewers that I've never seen from another shopping channel. The attitude seemed to be to blatantly lie and stretch the truth and say literally anything in order to get a sale. They were lucky it took so long for people to wise up and thus they were able to last for over 13 years. Not all the presenters were complicit in this, but we all know those that were, and let's face it, they had a good run before being rumbled. It was no coincidence that the two most honest presenters (Andy Hodgson and for a short while Debbie Greenwood) fled before the channels went into shambles.

So farewell, Sit Up, you bunch of chancers. You had a good run, you fooled a lot of people with your nonsense for a hell of a long time, but there's only so long you can keep such a rickety operation going.

Rumour has it that Dirty Peter won't accept it.

He's all set for the One Day Special at 2200 but he's doing it from Acton High Street.

Just like his old McDonald days, he's gone full circle :mysmilie_59:

I must admint that post was made as a joke, I've been busy this afternoon and whilst I knew they had technical problems just started reading this thread and saw the Facebook pages have gone so that's something more serious, sad if they have gone for good though to be honest.

Latest posts

Back