What's Going On?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The contracted presenters are being paid up apparently, the freelancers (like Mike) obviously won't be. If it is true about them paying the presenters up then surely its not a bankruptcy.

Freelancers are effectively a supplier - so Mike will be a creditor.

Employees HAVE to be paid redundancy - even if a Company goes into administration. If it's not Sit Up paying the redundancy, then it'll be a state redundancy that they get. They won't get their wages - but they will get a redundancy pay off from someone (most likely, the government).

I must admint that post was made as a joke, I've been busy this afternoon and whilst I knew they had technical problems just started reading this thread and saw the Facebook pages have gone so that's something more serious, sad if they have gone for good though to be honest.

It is terribly sad for the blameless people Mega, I don't have a shred of sympathy for the shysters though.

But as always the good people have to carry the can for the bad people. There are some who should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves tonight but will they be?

I doubt it.

From the Slash Goddess's Facebook page today;

'The company Mike worked for has just ceased trading, rather abruptly, and he is owed £12,000 wages which he's been told by the legal team we'll never receive. Furious is an understatement'

We should get £12,000 for having had to listen to all the rubbish he's come out with! If he's owed that much, when was the last time he got paid?

Rumour has it that Dirty Peter won't accept it.

He's all set for the One Day Special at 2200 but he's doing it from Acton High Street.

Just like his old McDonald days, he's gone full circle :mysmilie_59:

Rumour has it that B & Q have snapped his services up:

1z52ob7.jpg

As a last gesture, Moët & Muffins, take a bow! :bow: you're posts have kept me entertained for a long time! Your undying loyalty to Mike and the goddess is a joy to behold. In the face of undeniable evidence at just how toe-curling Mason was/is, you never let the facts get in the way of your utter devotion! I hope your friendship is rewarded and you get it back a hundredfold, you deserve them....eh sorry, it.

Last edited:
The presenters will all be sorted for jobs anyway. Now what do I mean by sorted for jobs? Let me explain if you will.

The administrators will need to shift stock now - so I'm sure they'll be able to sort Gollum out with a cheap Terribletek tool kit so that he can become an electrican or sound engineer. After all, he knows great sound.

Dirty Pete will be able to buy some cheap clothes from them and go out dressed as a clown. Not only with the white face mask. Not only with the red shoes. Not only with the yellow trousers. Not only with the red nose. Perhaps entertaining people outside the larger of the fast food chains.

Shylock will be able to use his many years of experience convincing Harrods to buy his own Divine Decadence range of parfums.

James can branch back out into Jewellery - selling quality top end jewellery such as mirror plated bracelets, or gold plated rings in size P.

Lisa B and Split Ends can apply to be town criers. They'd work perfectly in the current economic climate. Rather than every town paying for their own individual town criers, these two could be employed in a central part of the country and heard all across the nation from their bases in Birmingham and Manchester. Saving the government a fortune in individual town council budgets.

We should get £12,000 for having had to listen to all the rubbish he's come out with! If he's owed that much, when was the last time he got paid?

Oh dear, they are furious are they. Well we didn't like his bullying manner. I have always tried to believe that people get what's comning to them in life but I didn't think it would happen so soon to Gollum. Genuinely sorry for redundant staff, it happened to me in 2011.

By the way Lee from Ventnor ordered two solar powered garden ornaments from two consecutive presentations on Tuesday (this is true incidentally- not a joke).
Does this mean Lee will lose his money/become a creditor?
I think a 'Justice for Lee' campaign is called for with national press and a petition delivered to Downing Street
I know we can count on everyone here for support!

If they were paying their presenters £12,000 pm to flog tat, it's no wonder they went bust. I do feel sorry for the call centre and warehouse staff though who were probably earning no more than minimum wage

By the way Lee from Ventnor ordered two solar powered garden ornaments from two consecutive presentations on Tuesday (this is true incidentally- not a joke).
I think a 'Justice for Lee' campaign is called for with national press and a petition delivered to Downing Street

I feel sorry for anyone that has purchased anything over the last week or so. Its unlikely they'll have got their product - despite paying for it. They'll be covered if they paid by credit card - but if they paid by debit card, then they'll effectively become a creditor. If they're really lucky, they might get a penny in the pound back one day.

Although you have to question peoples sanity for buying from them in the first place. £8 postage alone for products that you can get from a pound shop. Ridiculous.

If they were paying their presenters £12,000 pm to flog tat, it's no wonder they went bust. I do feel sorry for the call centre and warehouse staff though who were probably earning no more than minimum wage

I'm almost certain that their presenters wouldn't be on £12,000 a month. I suspect they may have been working unpaid for around three months if my maths is right.

I'm in. :mysmilie_59:

I'm almost certain that their presenters wouldn't be on £12,000 a month. I suspect they may have been working unpaid for around three months if my maths is right.

Well, what kind of eejit would wait that long and he's in the inside, he surely must have seen the writing on the wall......maybe can't read though :wonder:

I feel sorry for anyone that has purchased anything over the last week or so. Its unlikely they'll have got their product - despite paying for it. They'll be covered if they paid by credit card - but if they paid by debit card, then they'll effectively become a creditor. If they're really lucky, they might get a penny in the pound back one day.

Although you have to question peoples sanity for buying from them in the first place. £8 postage alone for products that you can get from a pound shop. Ridiculous.

I purchased three things from Pricedrop's website no more than 3 nights ago, I got them ALL today, and ironically they were ALL good value and good quality...too little too late!

I would love to know why they haven't given the re brand more of a go, especially the Price Drop one, it looks like they paid out for the graphics for both relaunches so you would think they were hopeful a couple of weeks ago.

I would love to know why they haven't given the re brand more of a go, especially the Price Drop one, it looks like they paid out for the graphics for both relaunches so you would think they were hopeful a couple of weeks ago.

Paid out for the graphics?

Please PJ, it looked like something Mini Me-Mike did on his pooter :mysmilie_59:

I can't believe you heartless lot haven't thought about the future prospects of the following high end designers: Tommy & Kate, Jean-Paul Dupont, Christin Lars, Rozzer Benini, Dr Kringles, Gianni Reeeeeacheeeee and Phileeeep Merrrrcier. I truly feel that a moment of silence is due.

And dirty peter, milke mason etc said they got paid the minimum wage, so they were lying, £12,000 a month.

Latest posts

Back